Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement Call on Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 18:00 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:Draft Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/3iKOAw
  Nkem Nweke ( DigitalSENSE Africa ):Hi all
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Nkem - we will join audio in 10 minutes as we have another call running
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Siranush! connecting audio now
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Gisella, hi all
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:hi
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:am waiting for a dial out
  Gisella Gruber:@ Daniel - we are dialling
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:great
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I think the connection is not stable
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I got dropped
  Gisella Gruber:@ Daniel - dialling back
  Daniel K. Nanghaka:am back in
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:hi everyone
  Gisella Gruber:@ Abdeldjalil - es ce que vous voulez vous connecter au canal francais?
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:oui Gisella avec plaisir
  Gisella Gruber:Tout de suite
  Gisella Gruber:Bartlett Morgan has joined the call!
  Heidi Ullrich:May I suggest that a lot of time be left for questions?
  Heidi Ullrich:and less on presentations
  Maureen Hilyard:But aren't we just brainstorming here with some ideas that people can contribute to?
  Maureen Hilyard:And perhaps volunteer?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Maureen, mine was a general commetent. So not much time for prep will be needed
  Maureen Hilyard:Sorry Heidi my comment wasn't directed at yours. Just at what I was hearing.
  Maureen Hilyard:I think that the OE Vice Chairs can certainly do the first bit
  Heidi Ullrich:There are a lot of infographics that can be used
  Maureen Hilyard:Infographics would be good to give a general overview of these topics - cos they are quite complex
  Maureen Hilyard:And they would give the audience something to question.. otherwise they wouldn't really know what questions to ask
  Maureen Hilyard:Dev - we can use and refer them to the At-Large website - esp for the RALO presentations
  Maureen Hilyard:And for introducing them to different working group activities
  Heidi Ullrich:+1  Cheryl
  Heidi Ullrich:Your sessions are the only time on At-Large they will have. They will not be introduced to At-Large during the Newcomer day
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):PERHPS  How best to Engage  with At-Large  is the better term
  Bartlett Morgan:i get it Alan. And I agree
  Heidi Ullrich:There were two
  Heidi Ullrich:I gave one and Cheryl and Alan gave another
  Heidi Ullrich:sorry, Olivier
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:cut/paste, wash, rinse repeat
  Maureen Hilyard:LOL
  Heidi Ullrich:Please note we can direct them to the ICANN Learn courses on At-large...
  Heidi Ullrich:and the Beginners Guides
  Heidi Ullrich:and Glenn and Maureen produced ebooks
  Heidi Ullrich:We are bringing a lot of USB drives
  Heidi Ullrich:we could prepare folders for them
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Perhaps  just flash drives as oppossed to foldrs?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:save trees
  Heidi Ullrich:that would be easier, Cheryl
  Maureen Hilyard:Sorry all, I have to leave for another meeting. I'll check the recording later. and see you in Helsinki. :)
  Gisella Gruber:The cocktail will be in a foyer area and we will have an area with a signage
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:nkem, we're not hearing you...
  Gisella Gruber:@ Nkem - have you connected your microphone?
  Gisella Gruber:@ Nkem - would you like a dial-out?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):There are several Competing Events on Tue evening post cocktiails
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Never been my style  OCL :_)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):ARGHHHHHH
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Cheryl: es there are several events on Tuesday, which is good for our jam session numbers since it is a small venue
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:moi je propose que une équipe de ALAC doit aussi faire une présentation sur ATLARGE durant le newcomers sessions  
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Abdeldjalil: C'est exactement ce que nous allons faire.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ICANN Fellowship Program : https://community.icann.org/x/LiOOAw
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:@OCL Formidable
  Siranush Vardanyan:can we also include in the agenda for OE WG session the discussion for next meeting
  Siranush Vardanyan:exactly, Dev;)
  Siranush Vardanyan:great
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Bye need t get to te next Bye call
  Bartlett Morgan:good bye all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks all, bye
  Siranush Vardanyan:thank u and bye

• No labels