1. Olivier Crépin Leblond to write to the Chair of the new gTLD/At-Large WG regarding Kurt's request for a JAS Implementation followup.
  2. MA to synchronize the AIs from the ExCom and ALAC meetings
  3. Olivier to write to Steve Crocker, chair of the ICANN board, starting discussions for templates for statements and chair reports.
  4. Olivier Crépin-Leblond, helped by At-Large Staff, to email new ALAC members and ask that they they repopulate the WGs (a standing requirement of new members).
  5. Olivier Crépin-Leblond to follow up with the ASO Chair, Louis Lee, on further Cross Constituency work.
  6. Staff to arrange a meeting with Louis Lee.
  7. OCL to ask chairs of AC/SOs if there is interest in holding an open session on SOPA in CR. After this AI has been completed, the ALAC is to discuss this briefly in CR, with the intent of establishing a WG to draft a Statement before Prague.



  1. RALOs to decide on one representative to participate in group call with ICANN Legal regarding the RALO Bylaw changes the RALOs are considering
    1. Referred to RALOs and Secretariats
  2. LACRALO to put the questions it has developed onto the ALAC-Registrar [wiki: [Ideas for future ALAC-Registrar meetings|] ([Ideas for the content of educational materials to be developed by At-Large & Registrars|]) and have a call on each one of the RALO teleconferences for this to happen. But the question may be a little unclear.
  3. ExCom members, during their RALO meetings, to encourage ALS observers in various meetings. ExCom members, during the various meetings, are to encourage all RALOS to mention the fact that meetings are open to all.
  4. ExCom to consider having interpretation on calls in which only 1-2 members request it.
    1. In progress:  Overall strategy for archiving with interpretation/translation must be discussed at some point in future.  (Of course, ICANN operating language is English.)
    2. Note:  Even if interpretation not requested, must consider its usefulness for future archival purposes; it is true of translating transcripts, wiki and mailing-list work, etc.
  5. Future ALAC Statements, which are lengthy, are to include an executive summary.
  6. Staff to update list of Cross-Constituency WGs on ALAC AG wiki page
  7. Cheryl to manage winding up and archiving WGs to be closed, Matt to schedule time to work with Cheryl on this.
    1. Wiki pages:At-Large Engagement in ICANN WGAt-Large Naming Issues Taskforce WGFuture Structure, Accountability and Transparency of ICANN WGccNSO / At-Large Coordination WGAt-Large IRT Process WG


  1. RALOs, ALAC, and ExCom to try to develop specific, long-term strategic plan for outreach, with aim of getting funded.
    1. Should include metrics (e.g., one ALS per country)
    2. Could include outreach to developing economies regarding new gTLD program
    3. Could seek help from Kurt P. and Carole C. (especially regarding metrics)
    4. See Session on 2012-15 Strategic Plan
    5. See Development Timeline & Assumptions for 2012-15 Strategic Plan
    6. In progress:  ExCom decided this is long-term activity, perhaps not done in time for 2012-15 Strategic Plan; outreach issue perhaps need to be sent to RALOs and ALSes.
  2. Board Consultations
    1. ALAC to refine its goals regarding its advising of the Board (for possible inclusion in 2012-15 Strategic Plan and/or Board paper). Focus on how the Board accepts and responds to advice from the ALAC.
    2. ExCom to develop a template for policy Statements, which might include executive summaries.
      1. Does the Board have a preferred template for Statements?
      2. Does the Board have a preferred template/format for the Chair's report at the meetings?
    3. At Large Improvements
      1. ALAC to refine its goals regarding its advising of the Board (for possible inclusion in 2012-15 Strategic Plan and/or Board paper).
        1. Include metrics regarding how much policy work ALAC does
        2. Include way of prioritizing ALAC statements for Board (possibilities include marking statements important enough for Board action, sending Board monthly/bimonthly list of ALAC statements, establishing list of topics about which the Board should consult with the ALAC)


  1. After the new year, Staff to work with Cheryl Langdon-Orr in preparation of the RoP WG and Metrics WG.There is to be a call for membership. - IN PROGRESS
  2. RoP WG Members to create a glossary of commonly used nomenclature.
  3. At-Large Staff to move forward with the SOI and COI page. 
  4. Matt Ashtiani to support Beau with the RR page
  5. Heidi Ullrich to contact Sala to discus the issue of capacity building issues on the Feb ALAC meeting.
  6. Gisella to prepare a document showing ALAC members' current membership in WGs by the next ALAC meeting.
  7. Matt Ashtiani to send a reminder of how to subscribe to the ICANN Policy list.
  8. Silvia Vivanco and Gisella Gruber to ensure that the transcript of this call (24 January ALAC meeting) is to be saved for the RoP WG so they can review it once they begin their work.
  9. Evan Leibovitch to liaise with the NCSG and attempt to reduce the current agenda into a more managable one.




No new AIs were recorded on this call. 

----* Was not actually finished – no bandwidth

  • No labels