Claudia Ruiz: (11/19/2018 08:12) Welcome to the ALAC Leadership Team (ALT) Monthly Call on Monday, 19 November 2018 at 17:00 UTC

Claudia Ruiz: (08:12) https://community.icann.org/x/8gjVBQ

Evin Erdogdu: (08:48) Hello all! Welcome

Maureen Hilyard: (08:54) Good morning all from my side of the world :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (08:57) ditti from mine as well :-)

Greg Shatan: (08:59) Happy noon from NYC.  I’m just in the peanut gallery here....

Sebastien: (09:01) LAC region?

Greg Shatan: (09:02) Bad clicking?

Jonathan Zuck: (09:03) I hear it too

Sebastien: (09:03) Yes Greg and Jonathan

Alberto Soto: (09:03) Hello everyone, hola a todos!!

Satish: (09:03) Hi all!

Alan Greenberg: (09:04) Static (clicking) here too.

Satish: (09:04) I too hear the clicks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:05) Very noisy

Claudia Ruiz: (09:05) Welcome Ricardo Holmquist

Leon Sanchez: (09:05) Hello everyone!

Alan Greenberg: (09:05) Maureen a bit hard to hear.

John Laprise: (09:05) Sorry I'm running late...meeting at the office.

Leon Sanchez: (09:06) Today is a holiday in Mexico so I will only be able to be with you for the beginning of the call. My apologies for not staying for the whole call

John Laprise: (09:08) Apologies I have a hard stop at the top of the hour.

Satish: (09:11) Apologies...I also have to leave before the end of the call

Holly Raiche: (09:11) On IRTP - there are four parts to this - with not to many issues of importance to end users - except an information piece

Greg Shatan: (09:12) @Leon, Happy Revolution Day!

Leon Sanchez: (09:12) @Evin, could we please have the document scroll released?

Evin Erdogdu: (09:12) Draft PTI and IANA FY20 Operating Plan and Budgets: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+Draft+PTI+and+IANA+FY20+Operating+Plan+and+Budgets

Leon Sanchez: (09:12) Thanks @Greg!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:13) IRTP has had our input before so that makes sense

Evin Erdogdu: (09:13) Policy Status Report: Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP): https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=97847993

Holly Raiche: (09:13) We can discuss the IRTP at the CP

Evin Erdogdu: (09:13) Application for New Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) Dispute-Resolution Service Provider: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+Application+for+New+Uniform+Domain+Name+Dispute+Resolution+Policy+%28UDRP%29+Dispute-Resolution+Service+Provider

John Laprise: (09:13) I hear someone's keystrokes

Holly Raiche: (09:14) Sorry - at the CPWG

Alan Greenberg: (09:14) This static noise is very annoying. Can we not locate it?

A-Eduardo Diaz: (09:14) ON eof the audio lines is causing poping noises

Greg Shatan: (09:14) Is somebody eating Rice Krispies?

Holly Raiche: (09:14) (and should we be discussing policy issues in this meeting?)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:14) Very odd sound

Evin Erdogdu: (09:14) @Leon sure, will ask call manager to unlock the display to scroll

Claudia Ruiz: (09:15) Welcome Alfredo Calderon

Leon Sanchez: (09:15) thanks @Evin :-)

Heidi Ullrich: (09:15) 2

Heidi Ullrich: (09:15) All, we are sourcing the clicking sound

Evin Erdogdu: (09:15) De nada @Leon :)

Heidi Ullrich: (09:15) apologies for the inconvenience

Alfredo Calderon: (09:15) Thank You, @Claudia.

Jonathan Zuck: (09:16) in this case no one commented on it.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:16) That is a perennial issue

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:17) and lip service is often al that is done in other Councils and parts of ICANN as well I can assure you

Alan Greenberg: (09:17) @CLO, yes, it is not unique to us.

Holly Raiche: (09:17) We should not be discussing policy if we are going to get through this agenda

Alan Greenberg: (09:18) @Holly. Indeed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:18) Comments when received in an emeil list  is often just a  "Thank you  for drafting Comment'

Jonathan Zuck: (09:18) I think such things need to revert to personal comments. Unless it's important enough for a critical mass of at largers are interested.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:19) I thought Alan refered to general At-Large not ALAC per se

Alan Greenberg: (09:19) Whether the PTI budget is "policy" or not

Alan Greenberg: (09:19)  Is not a discussion we need to have. If it is something we decide we need to comment on, then we should do it properly.

Jonathan Zuck: (09:19) I'm certainly not trying to "claim" it but I feel like it needs to go through SOME kind of similar process before it's voted on

Holly Raiche: (09:20) @ ALan +1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:20) The ALAC itself should ratify its own choices of what to take on as "ALAC Statements"  

Alfredo Calderon: (09:20) Now we have an echo.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:20) that always have

Leon Sanchez: (09:21) Popcorn is almost done

Alan Greenberg: (09:21) We wish!

Heidi Ullrich: (09:21) @All, re the statement on the Operating Plan and Budget, there was an AI for staff: Heidi Ullrich to arrange for training on how to prepare the operating plan and budget for ALAC/At-Large leaders.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:21) I can't stand this crackly line hanging up phone and using AC for a while

Heidi Ullrich: (09:21) That call is being planned for late November/early December

Greg Shatan: (09:21) AC is bad too CLO

Jonathan Zuck: (09:21) it's on AC as well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:21) Ergh

Heidi Ullrich: (09:21) Sorry Cheryl, it is very annoying indeed. Each line has been checked...

Claudia Ruiz: (09:22) @Cheryl- so sorry, we are trying to locate the source

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:23)  Well we know it's not my line as I have disconnected

Holly Raiche: (09:23) Maybe an action item to be discussed in the CPWG

Greg Shatan: (09:23) ALAC is not limited to commenting on policy, of course.  All of the activities of ICANN are fair game.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:23) but for issues like Budget ones their 'home' can also be within the F&BSC as wel surely

Greg Shatan: (09:24) Seems fair.  A similar process needs to take place regardless of the “home.”

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:24) Some of the pages are confusing and no longer used... Again wiki rationalisation is required

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:24) been a long standing issue

A-Eduardo Diaz: (09:24) @clo +1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:26) Perhaps  part of that ratoinalisation can get 'caught up with' the work of the ARIWG in WG pages

Jonathan Zuck: (09:27) THIS meeting could be a quick clearing house for routing things. I think that's less of an issue than making sure there's a process for everything we do.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:27) Yes reporting is for the ALAC call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:27) otherwise just declare 2 ALAC meetings per month and be done woth it

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:28) critical issues for ALT  sure, stuff tht has happened or needs to "in between"

Heidi Ullrich: (09:28) At-Large at the 2018 IGF Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Outreach+Activities+at+IGF+2018+Paris

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:29) Yes Olivier  we mentioned that in chat before

Heidi Ullrich: (09:29) Staff can certainly update the Reports page and post it on the ALAC portal page.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:30) SO just archive the newsletter link on the Rports page  to close the loop of reporting

Silvia Vivanco: (09:30) APRALO Newsletters 2018: https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Newsletter+2018

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (09:30) I read quite a number of reports

Heidi Ullrich: (09:31) We can also add the link on the ALAC homepage

John Laprise: (09:31) agree with Alan.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:31) Wiki and reporting space clean up is 1st priority

Holly Raiche: (09:31) @ CLO - aagree and agree with Jonathan - this should be a really short meeting - a clearning house. Otherwise, there are two ALAC calls - one of which does not have everyone present.  (and OCL - updating the wiki shouldln't be a discussion  - it should be ssomething that is part of a wiki cleanup

Heidi Ullrich: (09:31) but would suggest we think about the format and then update/create

A-Eduardo Diaz: (09:31) The problem with the WIKI is that it has grown organically. It is almost impossible to bend a tree once it has grown. Best will be to start with a fresh and well though WIKI going forward and link backwards whenever necesarry.

Silvia Vivanco: (09:32) https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Newsletters+Archives (NARALO newsletter link)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:32) thus the term clean up

A-Eduardo Diaz: (09:32) @Holy ++1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:32) and something we are needing to do under ARIWG anyway

Holly Raiche: (09:33) Why are we discussing details of what is wrong on this call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:34) :-)

Heidi Ullrich: (09:34) @Maureen, you are introducing it :)

Silvia Vivanco: (09:34) EURALO's 2018 monthly reports: https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/2018+EURALO+Secretariat+Monthly+Reports

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:34) Well that is not too far off schedule I guess Alan

Maureen Hilyard: (09:35) @Holly.. its is our first ALT+ call so we are sorting out our new systems .. especially on what we need to follow on for the ALAC meeting

Jonathan Zuck: (09:35) and not a great time whoo hoo!

Heidi Ullrich: (09:35) +1 Maureen

Holly Raiche: (09:36) @ Maureen - okay. But I don't want this call to become a second ALAC or CPWG call

Jonathan Zuck: (09:37) big enough to have a dedicated call I think

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:37) indeed JZ

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:37) webinar/discuss call

Holly Raiche: (09:38) @ Jonathan.  My longstanding view is that, for big ticket policy issues, have a webinar/call on issues of real importance for ALAC

Jonathan Zuck: (09:39) you want me to run with organizing something?

Greg Shatan: (09:40) Hopefully our call won’t have to go round in circles.  That will save about half the time....

Jonathan Zuck: (09:40) @Alan, last one to be glib. Just wanted to see if someone owned this consensus building process, that's all.

Alan Greenberg: (09:41) I definitely support that!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:41) FINISHED on time and with ALAC endiresment one hopes

Alan Greenberg: (09:42) I have NOt revisited the ARIWG doc recently. EPDP and personal issues have taken up all of my time.

Jonathan Zuck: (09:43) gone now!

Alan Greenberg: (09:43) Clicking has seemed to have disappeared.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:44) No the ALAC who are not in ARIWG will be getting the Doc to endorse or NOT

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:45) and ARIWG Report is almost on schedue (delayed by 4 days at this stage)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:45) was to have been last week

Claudia Ruiz: (09:45) He's back

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:45) Why is this an ALT meeting issue?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:47) an update on work YET to be fully initiated

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:47) hmmm

Heidi Ullrich: (09:47) ICANN63 Action Items: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN63+ALAC+and+At-Large+Action+Items+20-25++October+Workspace

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:48) I would think that update should go to all RALO Meetings this month

Jonathan Zuck: (09:51) podcasts and blogs. okay

Jonathan Zuck: (09:52) perhaps some months it's just a poem

Heidi Ullrich: (09:52) Valid point, Cheryl. Should we change the AI to state 'regular'?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:52) Regular kinda works better frommy POV

Heidi Ullrich: (09:52) ok

Heidi Ullrich: (09:53) At-Large ICANN64 Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN64+-+Kobe+Meeting+-+March+2019

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:53) I just have an issue with the lunar operations I guess

Heidi Ullrich: (09:53) Kobe is 109 days away :)

Jonathan Zuck: (09:54) I think that's still the perception in some regard. complex issue

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:55) It's ehy we ended up with so many darn WG

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (09:55) s\Communications however needs to be clear and effective

Heidi Ullrich: (09:57) AIs related to 64: i. Staff to prepare a policy brief before each ICANN Public Meeting with the aim of identifying the key policy items (paragraph /up to one page) and At-Large message on these issuesii. At-Large public meetings to be 80:20 (issues : administration) to prioritize substantive issues going forward.iii. Staff to ensure titles of At-Large sessions to include the substantive topic being discussed (Not just "At-Large Leadership Session #1")iv. Staff to ensure individual name tags should have an end stripe (RALO colors?) to make them more visible when people want to speak.v. Staff to ensure an annual CPWG workshop to be held at an ICANN Public meeting. Interested members of At-Large as well as Fellows and NextGen to be invited. (Which Meeting: Community Forum, Policy Forum or AGM?)

A-Eduardo Diaz: (09:59) I received an email from ICANN Constituency today about Kobe. They require travel info by Nov 26, 2018

Jonathan Zuck: (09:59) I'd love to help with Agenda development for Kobe if possib le

Maureen Hilyard: (09:59) You are hired!! JZ

A-Eduardo Diaz: (10:00) MAureen: JZ should participate in the meeting that we have with Meeting staff too.

Jonathan Zuck: (10:00) train is best

Alan Greenberg: (10:00) There is an airport, but few long-haul flights.

Barrack Otieno: (10:01) KOBE has an Airport, its on an artificial Island and mostly used for local flights and charters

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:01) Can't wait to try and arrange my accesability assistance between transport modes

Jonathan Zuck: (10:01) airport is on an island so you're still taking a boat after

Barrack Otieno: (10:01) But Tijanis question is valid

Holly Raiche: (10:01) Can we have a session in the ALAC meeting  with all ALAC members and Joseph to alert everyone to the issues with Kobe

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (10:02) Thats a great suggestion Holly

Heidi Ullrich: (10:02) @Holly, yes, that is the overall point - not personal issue, but general issue

Holly Raiche: (10:02) The travel issues should be discussed when Joseph is available

Heidi Ullrich: (10:02) it is meant to be an open and positive discussion

Alfredo Calderon: (10:03) Kobe Airport - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.japanvisitor.com_japan-2Dairport-2Dinformation_kobe-2Dairport-2Darrivals-2Ddepartures&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=TrMumDDN3e_sq_xQSCYLxeVUencTYkVgaDETeMIuHdI&s=c_HaDSTC8zPmBMfHbG6UavurByW8PdXX7Hm5-qCCEHU&e=

Yrjö Länsipuro: (10:03) From Kansai Airport to Kobe, half hiur by train

Yrjö Länsipuro: (10:03) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__matcha-2Djp.com_en_2544&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=TrMumDDN3e_sq_xQSCYLxeVUencTYkVgaDETeMIuHdI&s=cbw7lrKXCOyiWebesOu-bwFJkPWdkXncQkGsX2kzR8o&e=

Heidi Ullrich: (10:04) 2018 Travel Guidelines are posted: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_travel-2Dsupport-2D2012-2D02-2D25-2Den&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=TrMumDDN3e_sq_xQSCYLxeVUencTYkVgaDETeMIuHdI&s=U7oHrzqKtmclxFbDi1pnf7KKzvelfG7oOcS7dYj-iow&e=

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:04) and that has been an issue since I joined At-Large

Sebastien: (10:05) But not all the flights are going to the same airport around Kobe

A-Eduardo Diaz: (10:06) @Sebastien: Most probably will have to take the train.

Sebastien: (10:06) No small writing for us

sergio salinas porto: (10:06) we have to ask for a change in travel policies, we are not entrepreneurs, we are volunteers!

Barrack Otieno: (10:06) Great points Heidi

Satish: (10:07) @Ed, the ferry from Osaka is also convenient at 90 min.

Heidi Ullrich: (10:07) Well, the luggage issue was actually quite large font on the ticket

Tijani BEN JEMAA: (10:08) +1 @Alan

Heidi Ullrich: (10:08) I agree - but also all people need to tell FCM that they will only agree to flights with luggage allowance.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:09) FCM have ICANN as their client not the travellers

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:09) FCM should work to specs given to them by ICANN

A-Eduardo Diaz: (10:09) @Satish: Last tiem I wen t to Kobe I took a train from Kyoto

A-Eduardo Diaz: (10:09) item=time

Heidi Ullrich: (10:09) a set of issue/questions by the end of the week would be useful.

sergio salinas porto: (10:09) 228/5000we can not stay with "be informed", we must have a stronger position on this issue, every time we take out a domain name we contribute to fill the ICANN coffers, MINIMALLY WE NEED RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION

Heidi Ullrich: (10:09) but it should be a productive discussion

Ricardo Holmquist 2: (10:09) I do ask for the luggage allowance, and explain them why. They accept

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:10) You could cover it by saying same old list plus unacceptable choices of low service Budget flights

Satish: (10:12) Great teamwork at our booth at IGF!

Heidi Ullrich: (10:12) I search the flight I want to have and let FCM know. We then work to find the lowest fare on that level of flight.

sergio salinas porto: (10:13) It's a pity that we have not had LACRALO material ...

Heidi Ullrich: (10:13) Apologies, Sergio.

Heidi Ullrich: (10:14) However, there were At-Large/ALAC brochures which cover all RALOs.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:18) It seemed to me that many rooms for way too small

Heidi Ullrich: (10:18) @Olivier, I'll bring that back to staff

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:18) as a remote participant

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:18) we were as usual also pretty much ignored

Heidi Ullrich: (10:18) ALAC agenda: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2018-11-27+ALAC+Monthly+Teleconference

Leon Sanchez: (10:19) I need to leave the call now

Leon Sanchez: (10:19) Thanks to all

Claudia Ruiz: (10:20) Thank you @Leon for joining

Heidi Ullrich: (10:20) Currently the item(s) for discussion/decision is TBD

Heidi Ullrich: (10:20) Also, we'll add an item for Leon to report to the ALAC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:25) It should be complete to go to ALAC past haste

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:25)  so *could be* endorsed hyt the ALAC in session

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:26) Yes we had hoped to have it in the hands of the ALAC a week earlier ...but...

Heidi Ullrich: (10:26) Thanks, All!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3): (10:26) Bye

Ricardo Holmquist 2: (10:26) Bye to all

Satish: (10:26) Thanks and bye!

Silvia Vivanco: (10:26) Thanks all

Evin Erdogdu: (10:26) Thank you all!

Silvia Vivanco: (10:26) bye

Alfredo Calderon: (10:27) Bye to all!

Barrack Otieno: (10:27) Thanks and bye

Greg Shatan: (10:27) Bye all!

• No labels