Saturday, October 20
ALAC and Regional Leaders Working Session Part 1 and 2
- Gisella Gruber to follow up with ICANN security on the requirement to show personal ID to access the ICANN venue.
- Gisella Gruber to follow up with ICANN Constituency Travel on Travel Plans to accommodate any meetings outside of the ICANN Public meeting schedule.
ALAC & Regional Leaders Working Session Part 3 (Meeting of the ALAC Sub-Committee on Outreach and Engagement)
Daniel Khauka Nanghaka requests suggestions from the O&E for metrics of engagement in preparation for ATLAS III.
- Yesim Nazlar to send Doodle to schedule next O&E call on 20th of November.
Regional Leadership Meeting
- Regional Leaders to complete a new round of consultations for Hot Topics by end of the year. ALAC members to be involved.
- Once all RALOs have their hot policy topics completed, Regional leaders to identify common Cross-RALO topics.
- Heidi Ullrich and Silvia Vivanco to finalize draft RALO discretionary funding criteria and send to Regional Leaders for final review
ALAC & Regional Leaders Working Session part 4
Capacity Building WG
- The WG to consider shorter webinars following the model of the NARALO Snipet Webinars.
Discussion with Sally Costerton
- At-Large to contribute to the 2 year operating plan ALAC, Regions and SC on O/E, the Public Comment is coming up in November
- Heidi Ullrich to arrange for training on how to prepare the operating plan and budget for ALAC/At-Large leaders.
- At-Large/GSE to work in a concerted effort for closer relations.
Sunday, October 21
ALAC and Regional Leadership Working Session 5
- Evin Erdogdu / Andrea Glandon to add URL link from Cheryl to ARIWG Issue #1.
- Evin Erdogdu to send to Alan Greenberg and Maureen Hilyard the five Strategic Objectives of the ICANN Strategic Plan for fiscal years 2016 - 2020:
1) Evolve and further globalize ICANN.
2) Support a healthy, stable, and resilient unique identifier ecosystem.
3) Advance organizational, technological and operational excellence.
4) Promote ICANN's role and multistakeholder approach.
5) Develop and implement a global public interest framework bounded by ICANN's mission.
ALAC and Regional Leadership Working Session 6
- Yesim Nazlar to create an ALAC (15 member only) mailing list.
ALAC & Regional Leaders Working Session Part 8
- ALAC Members to follow up on GDPR issues related to publication of #15 EOIs.
Tuesday October 23
ALAC & Regional Leaders Working Session Part 10
- Evin Erdogdu / John Laprise to coordinate with Betsy Andrews on having SMWG strategy to promote ICANN Learn.
Preparation for ALAC meeting with GAC
- The follow up on the Joint ALAC-GAC Statement from ICANN 60 will be on the Agenda for approval
ATLAS III Planning
- ATLAS III criteria to be developed at 63 and then discussed in a ATLAS III criteria sub-group.
- Eduardo Diaz will produce the timeline for ATLAS III.
ALAC & Regional Leaders Working Session 11
- Maureen Hilyard (Incoming ALAC Chair) to ask GSE if there are staff resources to keep At-Large Stakeholder Tool updated.
- John Laprise / Dev Anand Teelucksingh / Evin Erdogdu to have 6-mo update on how useful #Slack is for At-Large. See if paid-for version and request worth pursuing.
- John Laprise / Evin Erdogdu to coordinate with SMWG on how to promote adoption of #Slack within At-Large.
ALAC Meeting with NCSG Open Session
- Gisella Gruber / Maryam Bakoshi to create a Skype chat for NCSG and ALAC PDP Members and Alternates.
Joint Meeting: ICANN Board and ALAC
- Ron da Silva to take issue of incremental costs of next round of new gTLDs to BFC.
- Yesim Nazlar / Gisella Gruber to ensure all ALAC members are subscribed to the ALAC lists and their respective RALO lists
- Evin Erdogdu to prepare a policy brief before each ICANN Public Meeting with the aim of identifying the key policy items (paragraph /up to one page) and At-Large message on these issues.
- Evin Erdogdu / SMWG Leads to prepare global content to be prepared for newsletters (and placed in RALO newsletters. Work toward a global newsletter to be produced quarterly focused on policy issues for end users and be translated into FR/ES.
- Jonathan Zuck / Olivier Crepin-Leblond / Evin Erdogdu to produce regular brief podcasts/videos on policy by CPWG co-chairs. Posted on At-Large Youtube and ICANN Learn.
- Evin Erdogdu to send note on how to set up an individual page (as CLO presented)
- Heidi Ullrich / Evin Erdogdu to add to ARIWG Issue 3 the request for a one FTE equivalent to work on ALS Engagement and individuals.
- At-Large public meetings to be 80:20 (issues : administration) to prioritize substantive issues going forward.
- Gisella Gruber / Heidi Ullrich to ensure titles of At-Large sessions to include the substantive topic being discussed (Not just "At-Large Leadership Session #1")
- Yesim Nazlar to ensure individual name tags should have an end stripe (RALO colors?) to make them more visible when people want to speak.
- Evin Erdogdu / Heidi Ullrich to ensure an annual CPWG workshop to be held at an ICANN Public meeting. Interested members of At-Large as well as Fellows and NextGen to be invited.
- John Laprise to issue call for authors for blogs to be sent by staff. (Volunteers: Marita, ) Topics to be on current substantive issues.
- ARIWG calls to be weekly until Board report is completed.
- ALAC timings – Current timings of 4;00 UTC, 12:00 UTC; 21:00 UTC. November 27th at 4:00 UTC
- Yesim Nazlar, Andrea Glandon , Claudia Ruiz (Support Staff) to send call invitations with timing and AC link.
- Yesim Nazlar to establish time for ALT – Plus through a Doodle.
- Yesim Nazlar / Heidi Ullrich to organize a call with Maureen and the RALO Chairs. (as agreed on the staff/chair call held on 06 November, this item is combined with ALT-PLUS Call as RALO Leaders are joining as well)
- Maureen Hilyard to send note to ALT-Plus informing them that to keep in-line with the At-Large Leadership Plus structure, Jonathan and Daniel are to receive two slots for travel.