The aim of the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement is to develop both an At-Large strategy on reaching out to new potential members of the At-Large community as well as to engage new and existing members. Once this strategy is developed, it will work with its members, the ALAC and RALOs to ensure the strategy is implemented successfully.
Since late 2013, a key activity for this committee is to coordinate and manage its efforts related to the Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program for At-Large, in conjunction with the ALAC Subcommittee on Finance and Budget.
Proposed immediate work items/objectives for remainder of 2015
- Reconstitution of this subcommittee given the change of this committee from Outreach only to the Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee by asking RALOs whose members are interested in outreach and engagement activities for their RALO to be in this SC to better coordinate and collaborate with all of At-Large on Outreach and Engagement.
- Develop Outreach and Engagement Strategies for each RALO as per the requirements of the Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program (CROPP)-FY16 is the development on a Outreach Strategic Plan for each RALO. See RALO Outreach Strategies for FY16 page for links to these strategies. Such Outreach and Engagement Strategies will require approval by the regional Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) before any CROPP proposals can be filed.
- Investigate how a calendar (or calendars) can be used by this SC working with the Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) to track possible Outreach events in our 5 regions. We have a Outreach Events Calendar but it is not well known and its not clear if one calendar is suitable for use.
- Select a member from this Outreach and Engagement SC to serve on the At-Large Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program Review Team (CROPP RT) for FY16 (from July 2015 to June 2016).
- Work with the At-Large Ad-Hoc New Meeting Strategy Working Party on possible outreach strategies that could take place with the new ICANN Meeting B in 2016.
- Collaborate with the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group in order to ensure that future capacity building webinars are complementary to the outreach/engagement strategies developed by this SC
- Creation of EBOOK using existing materials to engage existing members and outreach to new members
- Lead Glenn McKnight
- Staff assigned Jana Juginovic in Communications and Jeff Dunn in DPRD (who leads the online learning platform ICANN LEARN)
- Interested parties contact Glenn McKnight firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail list: email@example.com
To Subscribe to the mail list for this WG (or read the archives / manage your subscription) please visit https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/alac-sc-outreach.
The members of the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement, organized by regional affiliation, are:
Fatimata Seye Sylla
|APRALO||Ali AlMeshal (c)|| |
|APRALO||Maureen Hilyard|| |
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (c)
|EURALO||Roberto Gaetano|| |
|EURALO||Wolf Ludwig|| |
|LACRALO||Johnny Laureano|| |
Carlos Vera Quintana
Juan Manuel Rojas (c)
Dev Anand Teelucksingh
|LACRALO||Fatima Cambronero|| |
|LACRALO||León Sanchez|| |
|NARALO||Darlene Thompson|| |
|NARALO||Sarah Alkire|| |
|NARALO||Glenn McKnight (c)|| |
|AFRALO||Otieno Barrack|| |
|AFRALO||Adebunmi A Akinbo|| |
|AFRALO||Beran Dondeh Gillen|| |
|LACRALO||Alfredo Calderon (n)|| |
Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel (n)
Next Meeting: 15 May 2015
At-Large Outreach and Engagement Document Workspace
Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program (FY14)