IMPORTANT: The process for posting nominations is as follows: 1) Nominations, including self-nominations must be made directly to the AFRALO mailing list; followed by 2) Nominations must be posted to the 2018 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments Workspace or by sending a note to At-Large staff

The following positions require a suitable Regional Leader to be appointed to serve in the 2018-2019 AFRALO Leadership Positions

1. An ALAC Representative for 2 year term ending at the 2020 AGM.

2. An AFRALO Secretary to serve a 2 year term ending at the 2020 AGM.

3. An ALAC Delegate to the NomCom from Africa for a 1 year term ending at the 2019 AGM.

Position

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By / Supported By

Date Accepted

Results

Nominee Statement

(Optional) 

Term to Serve

ALAC Member (RALO)

Tijani Ben Jemaa

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Tijani Ben JemaaAbdeldjalil Bachar Bong

Tijani Ben Jemaa

Under the request of several AFRALO members, I accepted to continue my ALAC membership for one more term.

I think I made a reasonable job during my previous terms as ALAC member that makes me a not too bad candidate for such position.

You can see the result of my work in the capacity building WG that I chair, in the CCWG Accountability where I served as a member of the whole WS 1, and a member of the WS 2 subgroups on Jurisdiction and Human Right, and where I’m now one of the 3 Co-Chairs. In the Finance and budget Sub-Committee, I’m the most regular member and contributor, etc….

2018 AGM to 2020 AGM
AFRALO Secretary

Sarah Kiden

Sarah KidenDaniel Nanghaka

Sarah Kiden

I would like to thank the person who nominated me and those that supported the nomination. My first term was a learning experience and I hope that the next term will help me deliver better.

In the past couple of years, I have learnt the value of connecting with our At-Large Structures (ALSes) and will continue to do the same for my next term. Even if participation has improved greatly in the past year, I hope that it improves even more to go beyond monthly calls, to include ICANN policy development.

2018 AGM to 2020 AGM

Selection Timetable for elected AFRALO Position*

• 23 April 2018 -  Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.*

• 23 April – 4 May 2018 - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days).

• 11 May 2018  - Deadline for nomination acceptances

• 14 May - 18 May 2018 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).

• 2018 AGM [ ICANN 63 ]  - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the ALAC Wrap Up Session during the 2018 AGM

.** NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
    2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8

See  AFRALO Operating Principles for relevant rules on AFRALO positions.

ALAC Voting Delegates to the NomCom for 2018-2019

ICANN's Nominating Committee asked the At-Large Advisory Committee to submit a list with ALAC delegates from each of ICANN's five geographic regions. Voting members of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, starting after the close of the Annual General Meeting 2018 and ending at the close of the Annual General Meeting 2019, and may be re-appointed for a further term of one year subject to the requirement under the ICANN Bylaws

• XI-2.4.e The ALAC shall, after consultation with each RALO, annually appoint five voting delegates (no two of whom shall be citizens of countries in the same Geographic Region, as defined according to  Section 5 of Article VI to the Nominating Committee.

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated by / Supported By

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement

Regional Candidate(s) Recommended to the ALAC

ALAC Appointed Delegates to the NomCom

Aziz Hilali 

Aziz HilaliAbdeldjalil Bachar Bong 

Following my appointment by community members, I accepted to fill a second term with NomCom.
We are doing an excellent job within NomCom (Evaluation of applications, Deep Dive, Interviews, ...)

Aziz Hilali
  • No labels