IMPORTANT: The process for posting nominations is as follows: 1) Nominations, including self-nominations must be made directly to the AFRALO mailing list; followed by 2) Nominations must be posted to the 2018 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments Workspace or by sending a note to At-Large staff

The following positions require a suitable Regional Leader to be appointed to serve in the 2018-2019 AFRALO Leadership Positions

1. An ALAC Representative for 2 year term ending at the 2020 AGM.

2. An AFRALO Secretary to serve a 2 year term ending at the 2020 AGM.

3. An ALAC Delegate to the NomCom from Africa for a 1 year term ending at the 2019 AGM.

Position

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By / Supported By

Date Accepted

Results

Nominee Statement

(Optional) 

Term to Serve

ALAC Member (RALO)

Tijani Ben Jemaa

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Tijani Ben JemaaAbdeldjalil Bachar Bong

Tijani Ben Jemaa

Under the request of several AFRALO members, I accepted to continue my ALAC membership for one more term.

I think I made a reasonable job during my previous terms as ALAC member that makes me a not too bad candidate for such position.

You can see the result of my work in the capacity building WG that I chair, in the CCWG Accountability where I served as a member of the whole WS 1, and a member of the WS 2 subgroups on Jurisdiction and Human Right, and where I’m now one of the 3 Co-Chairs. In the Finance and budget Sub-Committee, I’m the most regular member and contributor, etc….

2018 AGM to 2020 AGM
AFRALO Secretary

Sarah Kiden

Sarah KidenDaniel Nanghaka

Sarah Kiden

I would like to thank the person who nominated me and those that supported the nomination. My first term was a learning experience and I hope that the next term will help me deliver better.

In the past couple of years, I have learnt the value of connecting with our At-Large Structures (ALSes) and will continue to do the same for my next term. Even if participation has improved greatly in the past year, I hope that it improves even more to go beyond monthly calls, to include ICANN policy development.

2018 AGM to 2020 AGM

Selection Timetable for elected AFRALO Position*

See  AFRALO Operating Principles for relevant rules on AFRALO positions.

ALAC Voting Delegates to the NomCom for 2018-2019

ICANN's Nominating Committee asked the At-Large Advisory Committee to submit a list with ALAC delegates from each of ICANN's five geographic regions. Voting members of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, starting after the close of the Annual General Meeting 2018 and ending at the close of the Annual General Meeting 2019, and may be re-appointed for a further term of one year subject to the requirement under the ICANN Bylaws

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated by / Supported By

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement

Regional Candidate(s) Recommended to the ALAC

ALAC Appointed Delegates to the NomCom

Aziz Hilali 

Aziz HilaliAbdeldjalil Bachar Bong 

Following my appointment by community members, I accepted to fill a second term with NomCom.
We are doing an excellent job within NomCom (Evaluation of applications, Deep Dive, Interviews, ...)

Aziz Hilali