Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability call on Thursday, 19 November 2015 at 19:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/gb1YAw

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hello All!

Alan Greenberg:Olivier and I are still on the CWG IANA call, and Leon will be 20 minutes late for other reasons.  Please stand by.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Expenditure related to Transition, here is an interesting presentation by ICANN's CFO, look at slices such as "lobbying": https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/iana-stewardship-expenses-professional-type-18nov15-en.pdf

Alan Greenberg:Looks like CWG call is about to end

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The call is being brought to a close in the next couple of minutes

Terri Agnew:Thank you for the update

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Sorry Terri  get OUR  oporator to call me back now please I did switch calls after all... back toi this ine niow though

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:the call has ended.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so now I am awaiting a dial out and we can start immediately

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Why they called me in for the last 54 secs is beyind me of course

Beran Gillen:hello everyone

Terri Agnew:Action items 06 November 2015: https://community.icann.org/x/arZYAw

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Related to what I'll be talking about: tps://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/iana-stewardship-expenses-professional-type-18nov15-en.pdf 

Glenn McKnight:Lots of  legal costs

Terri Agnew:Welcome Lawrence Olawale-Roberts

Glenn McKnight:@JJ  did they reveal who is getting these contracts for  education , lobby, and legal?

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:Thank you Terri, sorry all for joining late

Sébastien:https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-11-19-en

Sébastien:With some explanation

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Glenn, that is being discussed just now by Sébastien.

Glenn McKnight:Thanks  I liked to hear from Sebastien  on his  observation.  The problem is  sometimes in financials  to avoid the Lobby issues  and constraints the companies  are labelled education or something else. 

Sébastien:SupportGraphics/media (including XPlane) and WG Secretariat Support.$681,107

Glenn McKnight:To be transparent  one needs to know what they did for this money

Sébastien:Education/Engagement   Albright Stonebridge Group LLC   EdelmanInterface Media    Rice Hadley Gates LLC    Summit Strategies International LLC    WBC Global  $1,070,438

Terri Agnew:Welcome Le-Marie Thompson

Terri Agnew:Welcome Leon Sanchez

Leon Sanchez:hello everyone and my apologies for coming in late

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I can hear you very well, Jean-Jacques

Terri Agnew:CWG IANA: https://community.icann.org/x/37fhAg

Terri Agnew:CWG IANA meetings: https://community.icann.org/x/6grxAg

Terri Agnew:IANA CWG Meeting #71 (19 November @ 17:00 UTC) : ttps://community.icann.org/x/RrdYAw

Leon Sanchez:I haven't followed the IPR issues closely but I believe it is the least important of all issues for the transition

Leon Sanchez:Being into IP for the last 22 years I can tell you IANA IPR doesn't worry me at all

Terri Agnew:will try

Terri Agnew:almost ready

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):In the almost 60 pages  there is a lot of explanation repitition/ advise notes repeated examples  etc.,  I thinlk a slimmer 'actual' version of proposed changes   could be prepared IMP

Leon Sanchez:I wasn't aware Olivier

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):hard to hear Seun

Leon Sanchez:I am having a really hard time trying to hear and understand what Seun is saying :(

Terri Agnew:We have tried several telephone networks for Seun

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I could not understand either  if simeone who did hear/understand Seun  could give a synopsis that would be useful

Leon Sanchez:Thanks Terri

Leon Sanchez:+1 Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Nor could Leon  OCL

Leon Sanchez:indeed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Ahh  ok  the good old apearances  sake  guff

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):understood...   I however  prefer Alans way forward  without  Charter  changes...  Thanks...  Changing Charters is often fraught with danger

Terri Agnew:CCWG Accountability: https://community.icann.org/x/IIMHAw

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Go for it Leon

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ouch

Alan Greenberg:Sorry, that was me...

Glenn McKnight:sound is bad

Terri Agnew:@Leon, your line is sounding weird. We can dial back out to you and get a better line.

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:the line is not clear at my end

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:okay now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):sound  went off for a while  but back niw

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Leon, excellent remark!

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:yeah

Leon Sanchez:Thanks Jean-Jacques :-)

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Cheryl, interesting remark too!

Leon Sanchez:indeed Cheryl

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:All: perhaps the real question, beyond the reaction by V, and the analysis just given by Leon and Cheryl, is whether the reaction echoed the concerns of the overseeing authorities in Washington.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Cheryl, proposal to make another ALAC statement in the future, on that subject.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes Alan

Alan Greenberg:I am having a hard time understanding seun

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed not able to hear ve4ry much at all

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Seun asks a question about translation services & the public comment which will be only 21 days. Could the ALAC have the document translated faster than using the usual ICANN process?for example, translating an interim document prior to the end document being released?2nd. Question: the response from the Board on the "ICANN Mission" - has this been considered at all?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):translation will be as fast as possible... but we can webinar wit interprators to assist in RALOS

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:a Webinar is not the same as the details of a proposal where it has been admitted by everyone that "the devil is in the details"

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:that's my concern. The details.

Leon Sanchez:Thanks Cheryl you are right

Leon Sanchez:I am just so used to the term now that it doesn't seem to leave my mouth

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Cheryl, something like "Views of ICANN's SOs and ACs".

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):your forgiven Leon ;-)

Leon Sanchez:Thanks Cheryl!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):timne check

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Thank you Leon, very interesting report!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and i need to go to change my grandaughters nappy :-)  so stepping away from AC => audio only

Alan Greenberg:Nope

Leon Sanchez:Thanks Jean-Jacques :-)

Leon Sanchez:doodle for Thursday-Friday next week?

Leon Sanchez:oh yes

Leon Sanchez:so next-next week?

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:it's okay with me also

Alan Greenberg:MAybe its time for some Canadian staff.

Gordon Chillcott:Thank you and bye for now

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:good its

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:good nite

• No labels