Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability call on Tuesday, 01 September 2015  at 15:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/ZIZYAw

Alan Greenberg:We will need the statement draft v05 redline and the mission, commitments and core values documents for display.

Alan Greenberg:v05 just added to agenda

Terri Agnew:@Alan, thank you, will have them ready

Alan Greenberg::-)

Allan Skuce:Greetings.

Eduardo Diaz:I will be mostly in Adobe since I do not have a good audio connection wher I am  today

Terri Agnew:@Eduardo, thank you for the update

Alberto Soto -IIISI:Hola a todos, hello everyone!!

Terri Agnew: Action items 27 August 2015: https://community.icann.org/x/ZYRYAw

Terri Agnew:Welcome Glenn McKnight

Alan Greenberg:I have a problem with this added paragraph since it can be interpreted that ICANN is not a regulator when it comes to Names. Today, ICANN regulates its contracts. Fadi Chehadé has been quoted as saying ICANN is a regulator. Board members have too. This is a very touchy issue. We, the ALAC, maintain that ICANN should be a regulator of the Domain Name Industry as part of its AoC Section 9 mandate - otherwise this industry, completely unregulated, is the wild west. I am very concerned that this language has now come to be considered as a Bylaw - and I guess this will be a fundamental bylaw which, in my view, makes a regulation-less ICANN completely irrelevant in the future.Imagine what this also does to the ICANN Compliance function...

Alan Greenberg:Braft bylaw: "ICANN shall have no power to act other than in accordance with, and as reasonably appropriate to achieve its Mission. Without in any way limiting the foregoing absolute prohibition, ICANN shall not engage in or use its powers to attempt the regulation of services that use the Internet's unique identifiers, or the content that those services carry or provide."

Louis Houle:At 13:16 Eastern Time (Olivier's email)

Jimmy Schulz:Hi all

Terri Agnew:Welcome Jimmy Schulz

Louis Houle:It's not clear enough. Should be more explicit...

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Typo on Fourum

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:-> Forum

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:(as in Community Forum)

Jimmy Schulz:sorry I have to switch to the car, I´ll dial in in a few minutes... hopefully ;-)

Terri Agnew:@Jimmy, thank you for the update

Alan Greenberg:I have known a lotof directors and many of them for many years. I just don't see these people doing that.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:If the community is being given the right to remove individual board members, it should be able to remove them only under certain strict conditions

Alberto Soto:But there will be certain requirements to remove a member or the entire board. Among them will give way to certain notices of malfunction

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I have the same definition as you Alan

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:re: Rogue

Alan Greenberg:OCL - how much more time on this?

Sébastien:It seams that we forgot that there are regulation - self and group ones. And it is working within the Board

Alan Greenberg:Queue is Eduardo and Olivier.

Gordon Chillcott:Understood, Jimmy.  

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Alan - please wrap up on this. We have another 15 minutes on the CWG

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I mean -- on the ICG, not the CWG

Terri Agnew:ALAC Statement Drafting Wiki: https://community.icann.org/x/LY1CAw

Alan Greenberg:I had a hard stop. I will stay until 40 minutes after the hour.

Eduardo Diaz:Sorry but I have to go. Good discussion though.

Terri Agnew:goodbye Eduardo

Alan Greenberg:I need to leave. Good meeting.

Cheryl LangdonOrr:bye for now then

Gordon Chillcott:Thanks.  Bye now.

Alberto Soto:Greetings to all!!

Louis Houle:Have a nice day! Bye

Allan Skuce:bye

• No labels