Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability call on Thursday, 27 August, 2015  at 13:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/YoRYAw

Leon Sanchez:hello everyone

Leon Sanchez:I am in another call on CCWG issues but will be joining shortly

Terri Agnew:@Leon, thank you for the update

Leon Sanchez::-)

Alan Greenberg:We will need v04-redline and Mission, commitments and core values displayed

Terri Agnew:@Alan, I have v04 ready

Terri Agnew:and Mission, commitments and core values readay

Terri Agnew:Action items 26 August 2015:  https://community.icann.org/x/cINYAw

Avri Doria:it only says 'recognizing'

Terri Agnew:We will try and reach Sebastien

Terri Agnew:Sebastien has rejoined audio

Avri Doria:i do not see it as saying that at all.

Gordon Chillcott:Agreed, Alan.   After some thought, I support your statement.

Avri Doria:but the delegator still has the power to undelegate.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:TheMission, COmmitments & Core values is the document which Sébastien has alluded to

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:So we do not need to add this to the agenda in AoB

Terri Agnew:Sebastien has disconnected, we are trying to reach him

Terri Agnew:Sebastien has rejoined

Terri Agnew:finding line

Silvia Vivanco:sorry I am muted now

John Laprise:ICANN administers rather than regulates :)

Heidi Ullrich:HI All, I need to drop off to go another call.

Avri Doria:i think the public interest is found through the multstakeholder process of blanacing.

John Laprise:I think public interest is pre-eminent...it _is_ the Interent after all

Avri Doria:it is pre-eminent but it is not known until discover through the process of balancing the many perspectives.

John Laprise:Agreed

Avri Doria:btw, all the AOC stuff starts on page 73 of Draft-2.

John Laprise:Essentially a SLAPP defense

John Laprise:I agree with Alan.

Avri Doria:CLO, is saying nanananada, useful?  helpful?

Avri Doria:or just fun.

John Laprise:Disagree Tijani...defamation definitions vary widely globally...just comes down to jurisdiction shopping. No thank you.

Avri Doria:and in some countries it is  an accusation made with trivial ease.

Avri Doria:does it say the right is waved anywhere?  good idea to add that.

Terri Agnew:Welcome Tom Lowenhaupt

Tom Lowenhaupt:Hello.

Gordon Chillcott:Given that removal is going, hopefully, to be an absolute last resort, I agree with the current wording.

Avri Doria:well that is what this proposal does, it makes the SM the supreme decider.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:When the community has asked for so many ways to appeal - I find it truly unfair to remove the right to appeal from a Director being removed from their position.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:this is double standards. Really.

John Laprise:Disagree Olivier from a relative power perspective. A board member has already been placed in a position of power by the community.

Avri Doria:How are other SM decdisons appealed?  It is contained in the notion of there being one absolute authority in a corpration, we are moving it from Board to SM, we are not eliminating that essential nature of the corproation.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@John: the Board Director is being put in a position as a puppet. That's what we a re turning Board directors to be

Avri Doria:not really, it will be a hard thing to do.

John Laprise:Hard and resource consuming

Avri Doria:i disagree with Alan on this one. .  it does not need to be the only review, but it should do it.

Avri Doria:i agree they should not be able to ignore.

John Laprise:+1 Avri

Leon Sanchez:let's do fist fight

Leon Sanchez:ok, no

Leon Sanchez::P

John Laprise:make it a responsibility but not a sole one?

Avri Doria:nothing makes it the sole review.  staff can order a review of its anytime.  the alac can request a review of SO or WG diversity anytime it wishes., and the directors can order one.  the atrt review is an overview review of things.  if issues are being dealt with, it has little to do but check them over.

Terri Agnew:ALAC Statement Drafting Wiki: https://community.icann.org/x/LY1CAw

Terri Agnew:Welcome Carlos Vera

Leon Sanchez:Sold!

Leon Sanchez:1 call

Leon Sanchez::-)

Carlos vera / isoc ecuador:it should be great to have translation also in the Adobe connect.. hope sometime in the very near future

Leon Sanchez:Are we for or against a F2F meeting with the Board in late september?

Leon Sanchez:good point Sebastien

Avri Doria:how about Eberhart's suggest of meeting on th Friday  before Dublin.

Leon Sanchez:@Avri I believe it would not be viable because the aim of the meeting, as far as I can tell, would be to iron out any details on the proposal so that we can forward it to chartering organizations for voting and approbval

Leon Sanchez:That is a very good point Cheryl

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Friday before Dublin appears to be too late

Leon Sanchez:Yes Olivier

Leon Sanchez:thanks everyone

Terri Agnew:At-Large Briefing on the draft ALAC Statement on the 2nd Draft CCWG-Accountability Proposal 2015-08-27: https://community.icann.org/x/-4FYAw

Gordon Chillcott:Bye, all.

• No labels