Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability call on Tuesday, 18 August 2015  at 15:30 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/hJZCAw

Terri Agnew:Welcome Loris Taylor

Loris Taylor:Thank you!  Good morning everyone.

Terri Agnew:Welcome Carlton Samuels

Carlton Samuels:Howdy everybody

Terri Agnew:Action Items 13 August 2015: https://community.icann.org/x/K5FCAw

Alan Greenberg:I put in under CWG because of the involvement with DT-F recs

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Alan - as far as we are concerned on this call, it doesn't really matter whether in CWG IANA Section or AoB hence faster/easier to move to AoB. But I gather we can bunch Agend

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Agenda Items 5 & 6 together

Gordon Chillcott:"conceptual"?

Sébastien:high

Carlton Samuels:There are 2 separate issues w/'Minorty Report'.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:"high level" yes that works too

Carlton Samuels:Yes. Noted

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Tijani -- yes, this was indeed the thinking at the World Summit WSIS

Cheryl LangdonOrr:request clarification,,, yes.  binding nature of outcome of an IRP should be linked to Mems etc., and Board reconsider

Cheryl LangdonOrr:  that is the intent as far as I am concerned

Sébastien:I have to leave the call for some minutes sorry

Loris Taylor:"would" or "will?"  Under no condition would the ALAC support the ...  Conditions is a typo?

Alan Greenberg:Thanks Loris

Kimberly Carlson:Welcome Avri

Sébastien:I am back

Loris Taylor:Should or could?

Sébastien:I will look at in more detail

Loris Taylor:"... it could follow that these groups should be denied financial support."

Cheryl LangdonOrr:good text option Lorie...

Cheryl LangdonOrr:sorry Loris

Avri Doria:Are people at all concerend that the power of the SMM to approve fundamental bylaws does not extend to the articles of incorproation?

Avri Doria:... bylaws changes ...  article of incorproation changes ...

Carlton Samuels:@Avri: I am concerned but I don't think the present Board will accept that...and I doubt theNTIA would accept that.

Avri Doria:so anything they dont like in the bylaws, they can override in the articles?

Carlton Samuels:Mind you, the proposal gave the NTIA a carrot; it promises to implant the AoC as super articles.

Avri Doria:i do not remember the Acct CCWG ever discussing it.  maybe i missed it.

Avri Doria:anyway, was just asking.

Cheryl LangdonOrr:exactly Alan

Carlton Samuels:..and in any event, so long as California + Federal law remains the same, there is always State and District court for redress of grievance.

Avri Doria:ok

Cheryl LangdonOrr:correct Alan we do have a secondary selected and indeed are strengthen the issues re letyingbthem know

Cheryl LangdonOrr:this way we have even done morevDDvetc.,   they are also to be requested to let a NomCom know if they are no longer available or willing to serve

Cheryl LangdonOrr:sorry 'bout the typos

Terri Agnew:Welcome Eduardo Diaz

Eduardo Diaz:Sorry for being late. Got teh meeting  times wrong

Carlton Samuels:@Alan: I agree with you. ICANN in current process will be challenged to seat a diversified Board, period.  But OCL is right about the optics.

Cheryl LangdonOrr:and an interim is likely to be smaller

Carlton Samuels:@Alan: I think it is the LARGER principle/concept that is important!

Cheryl LangdonOrr:as usual for me Diversity is desirable, aspiration al... but not mandated... however re Geo diversity, the not from the same country if appointment of 2 is fine by me

Carlton Samuels:I'm dropping off now.  Bye all

Terri Agnew:goodbye Carlton

Loris Taylor:Is there a definition for "diversity" to accompany the recommendations?

Alan Greenberg:@Loris, there is a long list of examples

Loris Taylor:Thank you Alan

Cheryl LangdonOrr:with IRP's there is real risk of diversity qualified but not experienced

Cheryl LangdonOrr:in terms of ICANN

Cheryl LangdonOrr:exactly Tijani

Cheryl LangdonOrr:agree Alan

Loris Taylor:Signing off.  Great work!

Terri Agnew:goodbye Loris

Terri Agnew:@Alan, we are unable to hear you

Alan Greenberg:Did I drop

Terri Agnew:@Alan, yes your audio dropped

Alan Greenberg:I will dial in again. Over to Olivier for next section

Terri Agnew:ICG Report and Comments Solicited: http://www.ianacg.org/

Terri Agnew:Alan is back on audio

Alan Greenberg:I forgot there is one other issue under CCWG. Timing. Will do it under AOB

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok

Terri Agnew:ALAC Statement Drafting Wiki: https://community.icann.org/x/LY1CAw

Cheryl LangdonOrr:agree with you @avri

Gordon Chillcott:I share Tijani's concerns

Cheryl LangdonOrr:revisit this point next call

Gordon Chillcott:Agreed, Cheryl

Avri Doria:some of us tried when creating PTI, but we had to back off.

Avri Doria:it is still before the election.

Eduardo Diaz:Renewing the contract was the rigth thing to do. Agree with Alan that the transition has to happen before the elections

Alan Greenberg:Olivier, I need 2 minutes before Interpreters leave.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok

Avri Doria:it is interesting that this was done without community consultation.

Eduardo Diaz:@Avri: interesting indeed. But the way I read is is that NTIA really does not do that much during the current process.

Terri Agnew:Next call Friday, 21 August 2015 at 13:00 UTC https://community.icann.org/x/jpZCAw

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Everyone!

Cheryl LangdonOrr:bye for now then... 

Gordon Chillcott:Thank you, all

Alberto Soto:Thanks, bye all!!

• No labels