Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability call on Thursday, 13 August 2015  at 14:30 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/KZFCAw

Alan Greenberg:Terri, can you please be prepared to display the first 2 documents under item 3 (the draft proposal and current comments)

Terri Agnew:@Alan, I have them ready

Alan Greenberg::-)

Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone

Eduardo Diaz:¡Saludos a todos!

Glenn McKnight:Hello

Leon Sanchez:Hola Ed! Que tal el calor tropical?

Alberto Soto:Hola a todos!! Heloo everyone!

Terri Agnew:11 August Action Items: https://community.icann.org/x/HpFCAw

Terri Agnew:CCWG Accountability: https://community.icann.org/x/IIMHAw

CLO:sounds lie a plan  Alan

Terri Agnew:Welcome Yasuichi Kitamura,

CLO:like

Gordon Chillcott:Agreed, Alan

Terri Agnew:Synce is on, everyone can turn slides themselves

Terri Agnew:Sync is now off

Sébastien:It is my proposal ;)

Glenn McKnight:@Alan  some are more  civil than others  :)

Leon Sanchez:it's easier to add the term end users than to remove civil society

CLO:how about  the terms 'individual and business users'

Glenn McKnight:The defination of  Civil  Society varies alot  depending on who you speak to.  It's mainly NGO's  not the end users

Terri Agnew:@Alan, looking

CLO:I am happy to just support the quoted 'minority view' as is i.e. "to include busuness providors, business users, individual end-usrs , civil society, academia and the technical community"  

CLO:(without the typos of course ;-)

Leon Sanchez:I can hear you well Alan

CLO:yup

CLO:I am ok with eitehr 5x5,2x2 OR the 7x5   bit nothing els

CLO:but niothing else

CLO: and I slightly prefer the 7x5 in fact

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I agree with Alan's description & treatment of various stakeholders

Leon Sanchez:I too agree with Alan

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I understand what Tijani is saying BUT we cannot ask for more than 5 seats. So there is no solution but to make sure other ACs are using the enforceable powers

Terri Agnew:Welcome Jimmy Schulz

Jimmy Schulz:sorry for being late.

CLO:Hi Jimmy

Terri Agnew:As a reminder for interpretation, please speak one at a time.

CLO:trust the community

Sébastien:RSSAC could be "larger" than "just the root server managers, if we can include a representation of the one runing "servers" all around the world

Sébastien:Olivier after Tijani

CLO:noting I personally could live without the removal of Ind Directors rule...  so be keen to read the coming rational

CLO:and yes agree woth Alan

Gordon Chillcott:I will agree with that, Alan

CLO:REJECT

CLO:re 429/30

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:This "no defamation" thing is moot. No matter whether there is a clause for "no defamation" or not, this clause could be abused - by people in the ICANN community being really offensive - we know they exist - and in the US you sue anyway and see later. I believe that common law overrules any internal clause under specific circumstances

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Does anyone have an example of a "no defamation" clause that actually worked?

Leon Sanchez:OCL nope

Terri Agnew:Welcome Tom Lowenhaupt

CLO:I beleive your right OCL  I do not think you can actually dodge the risk /likelyhood  of a defamation case

Leon Sanchez:indeed CLO

Tom Lowenhaupt:Arrived late. Where are we on the agenda?

CLO:one of the reasons  for a "removal without 'cause' clause" in many M& A's

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:it is interesting how the CWG & CCWGs are building these nice looking card castles

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Tom: (3)

Jimmy Schulz:sounds good

CLO:I agree these things  *diversity*  needs ti be asoirational  not mandated and deffinatlky not quotas

CLO:aspirational ( and indeed targeted)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The question of skill vs. diversity is very hard to resolve at the moment

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:the very concept of opposing "skill versus diversity" appears to point that there is an unacceptable balance of skills in the world.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:or should I say "imbalance"

Eduardo Diaz:I got disconnected

Eduardo Diaz:connecting to aiudio again

Gordon Chillcott:Agree with Eduardo here.   "Must" can create major headaches here.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:if the global community was going its capacity building job correctly we would not be faced with such a problem. But today it is, in my opinion, impossible to resolve.

Alberto Soto:Sorry, I must leave this meeting. Kind regards!

Leon Sanchez:+1000 to Cheryl

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Bye @Alberto. Of course you can listen to the recording later

Jimmy Schulz:Olivier: I agree, but its never too late.

Glenn McKnight:We are not  speaking about   Equity targets

CLO:A Diversity Officer / <insert role diesription>  can also be of use

Sébastien:Agree Alan

Glenn McKnight:We should be  looking at  best practices of other organizations  which are being proactive on this.  This has  been a problem with other groups  ie. ISOC  and others

CLO:skill set is not the same as capability OCL

CLO:OR  Experience  for that nmatter

CLO:let aslone performance

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:IMO skillset is most important

Glenn McKnight:Recently I was on NOMCOM for CIRA   and we  recognized the diversity issue of  YOUTH  Involvement and the challenge of selection  of them given the lack of  experience

Glenn McKnight:We  looked at a shadow youth Cabinet  idea

CLO:and that allows the experience and capabilities to be developed  Glenn   the sort of thing one can do in aspirational or aimed at tragets

Leon Sanchez:I think Alan, what you're saying, is inline with what Steve Crocker suggested?

Alan Greenberg:@Leon, yes.

Leon Sanchez:I think Steve and you have a valid point. Perpetuating a mistake made in the past is not convenient. I would therefore agree with you Alan

Gordon Chillcott:Agreed, Alan.   Strongly

Leon Sanchez:Indeed Cheryl

Jimmy Schulz:I agrree that whois should be replaced.

CLO:That might be worth exploring  ( the Ed Morris  matter)

Terri Agnew:At-Large IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal Workspace: https://community.icann.org/x/LY1CAw

Leon Sanchez:As I said yesterday, the IANA trademark issue is not really an issue

CLO:AGree with you Alan

Leon Sanchez:If someone made a trademark search, it would be clear that IANA is registered by different people across the globe for different purposes INCLUDING those of IANA in the US registration by the USPTO

Leon Sanchez:As being stated, the IPR isue on IANA is a US restricted issue

Eduardo Diaz:Got disconnected will talk later

Alan Greenberg:@Leon, but the access to the domain name is not so restricted.

Leon Sanchez:indeed Alan, that is the only caveat

Eduardo Diaz:I am back

Alan Greenberg:I will comment once I have actually read the ICG proposal.

Leon Sanchez:I would suggest that an ALAC comment on having a wider view to the IPR issue would be in line with the global perspective it should entail

Leon Sanchez:Exactly Ed!

Leon Sanchez:Alan, that has already been made in various countries

Sébastien:iana.xyz ;)

Sébastien:or lets have .iana ;)

Jimmy Schulz:sebastien: Yeahh that´ll be cool

Leon Sanchez:exactly Olivier

Leon Sanchez:if it is, in fact, then the theory of the non-issue is reinforced

Terri Agnew:At-Large Cross Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN Accountability 2nd Draft Report (Work Stream 1) Workspace: https://community.icann.org/x/a45CAw

Gordon Chillcott:Two calls, yes

CLO:sadly agree

Jimmy Schulz:agreed

Terri Agnew:At-Large IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal Workspace: https://community.icann.org/x/LY1CAw

CLO:Yeah right

Jimmy Schulz:I´ll be on a plane on Tuesday, but thursday is good.

Jimmy Schulz:and I´ll be back at home with mor bandwidth than here on Ibiza...

Jimmy Schulz:;-)

Jimmy Schulz:I just wanted to confuse You olivier

Leon Sanchez:LOL

Sébastien:Bravo Cheryl

Jimmy Schulz:I´ll be back with voice.

Jimmy Schulz:Next week

CLO:Bye fior niw  all thanks Good Call :-)

Gordon Chillcott:Bye all.

Tom Lowenhaupt:bye

Eduardo Diaz:Bye

Jimmy Schulz:bye

ZZ Alan Greenberg:STATUS VIEW - Who would'a thunk?

• No labels