Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability call on  Thursday, 21 May 2015  at 21:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/cI00Aw

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome All. Well done on submitting the ALAC statement!

Terri Agnew:Action items 13 May 2015: https://community.icann.org/x/uYc0Aw

Terri Agnew:Welcome Lori Taylor

Terri Agnew:**Loris Taylor

Loris Taylor:Hello everyone.  It's been awhile.

Heidi Ullrich:Results of Strawpoll: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-23W8J669

Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the delay. Terri's internet is slow today!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:post whatever tidy up we need to do is fine

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly the same for me @alan

Avri Doria:wasn't the poll open to any at-large member?

Christopher Wilkinson:@Alan +1 Internal model

Alan Greenberg:@Avri, it was advertised on the IANA Issues list. Anyone who found out about it could have answered.

Loris Taylor:+ Internal Model

Alan Greenberg:We do have substantive NEW decisions to make, so let's not spend too much time on history.

Terri Agnew:All Comments received in Consultation: http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-cwg-stewardship-draft-proposal-22apr15/index.html

Alan Greenberg:Also ongoing, DT-F which I am chairing.

Terri Agnew:Welcome Seun Ojedeji

Terri Agnew:Welcome Beran Gillen

Beran Gillen:Hello everyone

Avri Doria:we all know that the public comment has yet to come in and that anything we do is tentative.

Eduardo Diaz:I read teh AU comment and they like to keep IANA under an Internal model (i.e the way it is now)

Tom Lowenhaupt:Not here.

Seun Ojedeji:Hello everyone, so i guess i was not quite audible. In response to Olivier, i read a number of the comments (>30%) and most tend towards asking for more details but largely in support of the progress made (compared to CWG's first attempt)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Seun: thanks

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: -- I'll read itt ot eh record

Seun Ojedeji:about the sign edit: > = < (i meant less than)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly Alan

Sébastien:Sidley Austin LLP and Adler & Colvin

Alan Greenberg:I am guessing 1 7 digits so far. Or close.

Alan Greenberg:that was 7, not 17

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:7 digits? Wow

Alan Greenberg:LOWEST original estimate that I heard was 500k.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that has indeed been carefully avoided and we do indeed need to ensure it stays so @tijani

Alan Greenberg:Luckily we still have 15 minutes to resolve the issues we have so far not discussed or not resolved.

Seun Ojedeji:Speaking about PC i think the response from ICANN board is quite encouraging: http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-cwg-stewardship-draft-proposal-22apr15/pdfrIUO5F9nY4.pdf

Seun Ojedeji:A side by side comparism of PBC and LLC would have been helpful

Terri Agnew:Welcome Glenn McKnight

Seun Ojedeji:yeah that one is helpful....thanks ;-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:is the document unsynced?

Glenn McKnight:Ran late  just  got signed in

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:can you all scroll through the document?

Seun Ojedeji:Yeah

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok thx. Just checking

Seun Ojedeji:I think PBC seem to involve more setups than the LLC. That said, it may also be helpful to know if there are disadvantage/advantages. Nevertheless looking at the document in front of us, it seem LLC has less details and seem less complicated to me ;-)

Loris Taylor:Public Benefit Corporations have their own governance structures correct?  As indicated by the "board" and my questions would be concerning how the corporation would fit under ICANN.

Loris Taylor:Thank goodness for lawyers:)

Seun Ojedeji:Well CSC would be expected to talk to PTI board as the second escallation level after the IANA manager(CEO) refuse to comply

Terri Agnew:fixing audio

Loris Taylor:Terrible feedback

Terri Agnew:we are locating the line

Glenn McKnight:i am muted

Heidi Ullrich:Apologies!

Seun Ojedeji:I don't have audio yet ;-)

Heidi Ullrich:Hi Seun, you are still connected.

Heidi Ullrich:Adigo will disconnect you and re-dial you

Seun Ojedeji:Nope....my dialout is not

Sébastien:Akram is President of ICANN's Global Domains Division

Alan Greenberg:Excuse me, *NOT* the staff of IANA. I said the staff of ICANN.

Christopher Wilkinson:Good night. CW

Seun Ojedeji:Okay i think that makes a distinction so when you say staff of ICANN you mean some of the Global VPs who does not necessarily have anything to do with IANA in the past

Loris Taylor:First thank you for the great overview.  I think an "Insider" board should consider firewalls that clearly articulate the duty and care of the board. 

Seun Ojedeji:Really @Alan practically one would argue that IANA isn't an organisation and its staff are actually ICANN's

Loris Taylor:Does the narrow mandate of IANA include any fiduciary oversight? 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I was agreeing with YOU @Alan

Seun Ojedeji:However i think having other ICANN staff who are not part of IANA department could be members of the board on the basis of ICANN being the sole member of PTI

Seun Ojedeji:Overall...all these board formation et all IMO are just un-necessary and a department would have achieved the same thing.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Seun: yes, but then (1) no obvious separability and (2) ICANN would be both policy body & operational body for IANA

Seun Ojedeji:@Olivier so you think ICANN is practically not both by the PTI setup? well its good for people to perceive that for FWIW.

Seun Ojedeji:Okay thanks a lot for the discussion

Seun Ojedeji:i have to leave now

Seun Ojedeji:bye

Terri Agnew 5:goodbye Seun

Loris Taylor:Couldn't it be an executive committee of the ICANN board?  Perhaps with outside representatives included?

Seun Ojedeji:Just before i go, i think that was suggested within CWG as well and i think it makes sense to me as well. I can live with an ICANN board committee being on the PTI board

Loris Taylor:I have a meeting coming up.  REally great call.  Thank you so much.  Great due diligence

Seun Ojedeji:I can also live with ICANN staff that are not members of IANA department

Alan Greenberg:@Sean, for a PBC, the bulk of the Board CANNOT be employees of that org.

Alan Greenberg:So it is not really a question.

Terri Agnew 5:CCWG Accountability: https://community.icann.org/x/IIMHAw

Terri Agnew 2:finding line

Terri Agnew 2:We are locating line

Glenn McKnight:echo again

Glenn McKnight:gone, gone gone

Glenn McKnight:its good now

Glenn McKnight:alan it's ok

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:can everyone scroll through the document?

Terri Agnew 2:Yes

Terri Agnew 2:Welcome Philippe Boland

Philippe Boland enredo:Thanks

Terri Agnew 2:Welcome George Z

Sébastien:@Alan ALT or the chair of the Ralos?

Alan Greenberg:@sebastien, in my opinion, it should be the ALT, it is the ALAC that is given the responsibility to speak on behalf of  At-Large.

Alan Greenberg:But as Cheryl says, that responsibility coulod well be delegated in any given instance.

Heidi Ullrich:7 minutes to the scheduled end of call...

Alberto Soto:dear, I must leave our meeting. Greetings to all!

Avri Doria:i agree that suing it a bad solution.  That is why I am asking about a binding mediation solution be mandated.

Terri Agnew 2:goodbye Alberto

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I believe bylaws can be strengthened sufficiently

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The whole business of "suing" is so alien to Europe. It's seen as a money making business.

Avri Doria:it is possible, i beleive, to create a solution, even under rampant USAism, that does not result in suing as the final solution.

Beran Gillen:@ocl sometimes it is a money making business

Beran Gillen:some sue for anything and everything

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye

Eduardo Diaz:Very good discussion

Gordon Chillcott:Much thanks, Alan.

Heidi Ullrich:+1 Sabrina!!!!

Philippe Boland enredo:Soyez sages Bye

Beran Gillen:thanks sabrina!!!

Gordon Chillcott:Thanks, all.    Bye for now.

Heidi Ullrich:Bye, All!

Beran Gillen:bye

• No labels