You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 8 Next »

RFP5 meeting of the CWG-Stewardship -  Wednesday January 7th 2015 from 21:00  22:00 UTC

Time zone converter here    |     Adobe Connecthttps://icann.adobeconnect.com/cwg-stewardship/

Attendees: 

Subgroup Members:   Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Avi Doria, Mary Uduma, Jaap Akkerhuis, Steve Crocker

Staff:  Berry Cobb, Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Marika Konings

Apologies: Yasuichi Kitamura

**Please let Grace know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Draft Agenda

0.  All WT Members are expected to have reviewed our last call on Dec 30th;  the notes, recording, and chat transcript are available on the meeting page here: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=51415528

1. Welcome; Attendance and Apologies (3-5 mins)

including noting and introduction any new members joining the RFP-5-WT

Standing Item => Member  SOI  Continuous Disclosure => If needed please update your SOI

2.  Review of Action items from last call (5-10 mins)

Below is a summary of the action items: 

IN PROGRESS (staff): look for time during Intense week-end  (on 10th and 11th) to draft RFP 5.   Coordinate with co-chairs

Time slot for looking at RFP 5 questions at end of intensive work week-end, 

--> Please complete Doodle poll: http://doodle.com/t7n3k4bebc5epu4g

ACTION (all): Bring forward particular points to bring in 5 requirements section.

ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially to the list.

COMPLETE Circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back

ACTION (staff) for next call: display wiki page during the (CWG and RFP-5) call(s)

ACTION: seek additional assistance from ccTLD and gTLD reps to provide input and assistance to prepare response

ACTION: start drafting (text and table) that can act as checklist – tool on Wiki available here: https://community.icann.org/x/aoQQAw

Staff and coordinator only worked on page. Participants of RFP 5 group are invited to add material. If changes are made, annotate with initials, please do not delete, but use square brackets etc.,, to ensure track changes.

Current text is based on ICG RFP 5 and refers to NTIA requirements

3.  Update from RFP-3&4 activities @Avri Doria (5- 10 mins)

4.  Discussion and input into section 5 drafting (25-30mins)  see Drafting Wiki Page  To be displayed during this meeting and the CWG one this week.

Discussion points re input into section 5 drafting

Plan for using output during Intensive week-end to start real work. Assignment of pen holders and specific RFP-5 rapporteur (s?)  for Intensive Work W'end  

Update on proposal to look  at RFP 5 questions at end of week-end with whole CWG, 

ACTION (all): Any points brought forward to contribute to drafting of the TEXT (expanded/annotation)  for the 5 requirements section.

Allocation / Call for  owners for each of the sections

From ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially. and  circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back on list and in next CWG Meeting in prep for Intensive Work W'end input.

Update on Drafting for 'political sensitive' section on NTIA Requirement #5=>  non-governmental or Government led replacement of oversight mechanism.

5.  AOB (3-5 min)

6. Review any Action Items (5mins)

7. Next call(s) (3-5mins)

Update on opportunities for RFP-5 WT meeting time during Intensive Work W'end.

Update - Doodle outcome for 2 hr call in Week of Jan 12.

Action Items

Transcript

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1bjutvxj1s/ 

The audio recording is available here:

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer:Welcome to the RPF5 conferece call on January 07, 2015 at 21:00 UTC.

Avri Doria:no audio support yet

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sorry should be soon

Grace Abuhamad:I'm in Adobe, but have no audio yet since I'm still on another call

Steve Crocker:Hello, everyone

jaap akkerhuis (sas):hi all

Brenda Brewer:Audio is on. 

Brenda Brewer:Cheryl, will you ay something please.

Brenda Brewer:or say something!

Marika Konings:@Brenda - we can hear Cheryl speak. Can you hear us?

Brenda Brewer:no

Brenda Brewer:fixed

Marika Konings:the meeting has started - the operator has confirmed that the recordings are on

Bernard Turcotte - staff support:audio is good

Brenda Brewer:thank you!

Steve Crocker:pre-delegation testing?  Is that considered part of the IANA function or part of ICANN's adminsitration of the generic TLDs?

Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Will work on this

Berry Cobb:@Steve - Chucks Repsonse:  Berry,To my knowledge I do not think there is any existing documentation for gTLD delegations.  I am sure the gTLD registry operators would have a lot to say about pre-delegation testing but that is not an IANA functions but rather a prerequisite to the IANA functions kicking in.  We could do a simple survey of gTLD registry experiences with IANA services and I will discuss this with our RySG team supporting the IANA-CWG.Chuck

Steve Crocker:@Berry - Thanks.  That matches what I expected.

Grace Abuhamad:I just joined!

Avri Doria:where is this on the wiki?

Marika Konings:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/CWG-RFP5+-+Draft

Avri Doria:becasue i dont find it listed in on the main page for rfp5

Avri Doria:thanks

Grace Abuhamad:It's a sub page

Grace Abuhamad:But I will put a big link to it from main page

Avri Doria:it is in the tree. but then i have to recognize the name.

Grace Abuhamad:thanks Avri

Grace Abuhamad:I'll edit the Wiki now

Grace Abuhamad:good feedback

Marika Konings:It should be a child page of the RFP5 page now

Grace Abuhamad:Yes, I sent direct link to full CWG

Avri Doria:probably my own bad habit.  i start at the wiki page and only go back to email if i can't find it easily from the wiki page.

Grace Abuhamad:I did!

Bernard Turcotte - staff support:have a good one!

Grace Abuhamad:Does that work Avri?

Steve Crocker:Nicely done!

jaap akkerhuis (sas):bye all

Avri Doria:Beautifully. no way to be blind with that.  thanks

Grace Abuhamad::)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks ALL!!

Draft Agenda

0.  All WT Members are expected to have reviewed our last call on Dec 30th;  the notes, recording, and chat transcript are available on the meeting page here: Meeting #3 CWG RFP5 (30 December)
1. Welcome; Attendance and Apologies (3-5 mins)
  • including noting and introduction any new members joining the RFP-5-WT
  • Standing Iem => Member  SOI  Continuous Disclosure => If needed please update your SOI

2.  Review of Action items from last call (5-10 mins)
Below is a summary of the action items: 

• ACTION (staff): look for time during Intense week-end  (on 10th and 11th) to draft RFP 5.   Coordinate with co-chairs

• Time slot for looking at RFP 5 questions at end of intensive work week-end, 

• ACTION (all): Bring forward particular points to bring in 5 requirements section.

• ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially to the list.

• ACTION: Circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back

• ACTION (staff) for next call: display wiki page during the (CWG and RFP-5) call(s)

• ACTION: seek additional assistance from ccTLD and gTLD reps to provide input and assistance to prepare response

• Staff and coordinator only worked on page. Participants of RFP 5 group are invited to add material. If changes are made, annotate with initials, please do not delete, but use square brackets etc.,, to ensure track changes.
    •  Current text is based on ICG RFP 5 and refers to NTIA requirements

3.  Update from RFP-3&4 activities @Avri Doria (5- 10 mins)

4.  Discussion and input into section 5 drafting (25-30mins)  see Drafting Wiki Page  To be displayed during this meeting and the CWG one this week.

Discussion points re input into section 5 drafting

• Plan for using output during Intensive week-end to start real work. Assignment of pen holders and specific RFP-5 rapporteur (s?)  for Intensive Work W'end  
    • Update on proposal to look  at RFP 5 questions at end of week-end with whole CWG, 
    • ACTION (all): Any points brought forward to contribute to drafting of the TEXT (expanded/annotation)  for the 5 requirements section.
      • Allocation / Call for  owners for each of the sections
        • From ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially. and  circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back on list and in next CWG Meeting in prep for Intensive Work W'end input.
    • Update on Drafting for 'political sensitive' section on NTIA Requirement #5=>  non-governmental or Government led replacement of oversight mechanism.

5.  AOB (3-5 min)

6. Review any Action Items (5mins)

7. Next call(s) (3-5mins)
  • Update on opportunities for RFP-5 WT meeting time during Intensive Work W'end.
  • Update - Doodle outcome for 2 hr call in Week of Jan 12.

Notes and Action Items

Call closes at 

• No labels