RFP5 meeting of the CWG-Stewardship -  Wednesday 30 December 2014 from 21:30  22:30 UTC

Time zone converter here    |     Adobe Connecthttps://icann.adobeconnect.com/cwg-stewardship/



Subgroup Members: Cheryl Landon-Orr, Avri Doria, Steve Crocker, Yasuichi Kitmura, Sibasubramanian Muthusamy

Staff: Bart Boswinkel, Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad

Apologies: Jaap Akkerhuis; Lise Fuhr

**Please let Grace know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**


Draft Agenda

0.  All WT Members are expected to have reviewed our last call on Dec 17th;  the notes, recording, and chat transcript are available on the meeting page here: https://community.icann.org/x/vYcQAw
1. Welcome; Attendance and Apologies (3-5 mins)
  • including noting and introduction any new members joining the RFP-5-WT
  • any updates for SOI's
2.  Review of Action items from last call (5-10 mins)
Below is a summary of the action items: 
  • ACTION (staff): pull together survey material or other information that relates to criteria #3 (to see what the needs and expectations are)
  •  ACTION (Bill): send text related to statements that Bill has mentioned
  •  ACTION: start drafting (text and table) that can act as checklist -- tool on Wiki available here: https://community.icann.org/x/aoQQAw 
  •  ACTION (staff): ensure that everyone has access to the editing tool


3.  Update from RFP-3&4 activities @Avri Doria (5- 10 mins)

4.  Discussion and input into section 5 drafting (25-30mins)  see Drafting Wiki Page

5.  AOB (3-5 min)

6. Review any Action Items (5mins)

7. Next call(s) (3-5mins)
  • Suggest: RFP5 Wednesday 7 January 21:00 – 22:00

Notes and Action Items

Welcome and Roll call

  • If needed please update your SOI

  • No person on audio only

  • Apologies: Jaap, Lise

Review of Action items

  • Action Bill completed, to be discussed at later stage

  • Action item staff to pull together material that related to #3 (ongoing ). Note ccTLD may have some material, 

  • Question: what is needed exactly: ccTLD CWG members have conducted survey. The results of survey do not meet the requirements directly. What needs to be in The ascertainment is foundation to answer question, that proposals meets the need of the global customers.
  • ACTION: seek additional assistance from ccTLD and gTLD reps to provide input and assistance to prepare response
  • ACTION: start drafting (text and table) that can act as checklist – tool on Wiki available here: https://community.icann.org/x/aoQQAw. 
  • Staff and coordinator only worked on page. Participants of RFP 5 group are invited to add material. If changes are made, annotate with initials, do not delete, but square brackets, to ensure track changes.
  •  Current text is based on ICG RFP 5 and refers to NTIA requirements
  •  ACTION (staff): ensure that everyone has access to the editing tool. It looks all have access to wiki space. If not please get back to Grace

Update from RFP-3&4 activities (Avri)

RFP 3 update: 

  • Focused on composition MRT, tendencies of discussion was smaller was better
  • Composition of CSC: who should be on CSC? only cusotmers, experts, other groups. Tendency: even smaller is better, with focus on customers

RFP 4 update: 

  • Timeline + review of Names and protocol proposals 

  • Stress testing

  • Understand IANA transition plan

Question: is RFP 4 timeline concrete? response there is trending, but no define timeline, so RFP 5 can start

Proposal for RFP 5: do more general draft text. 

Discussion and input into section 5 drafting

  • Using output during Intensive week-end to start real work.
  • ACTION (staff): look for time during Intense week-end  (on 10th and 11th) to draft RFP 5.   Coordinate with co-chairs
  • Support for looking at RFP 5 questions at end of week-end, 
  • ACTION (all): Bring forward particular points to bring in 5 requirements section.
  • Need to have owners for each of the sections
  • Need to draft political sensible section on non-governmental replacement of oversight
  • ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially
  • ACTION: Circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back
  • ACTION (staff) for next call: display wiki page during the call



Overview Action Items

  • ACTION: seek additional assistance from ccTLD and gTLD reps to provide input and assistance to prepare response
  • ACTION: start drafting (text and table) that can act as checklist – tool on Wiki available here: https://community.icann.org/x/aoQQAw
  • ACTION (staff): ensure that everyone has access to the editing tool. It looks all have access to wiki space. If not please get back to Grace
  • ACTION (staff): look for time during Intense week-end  (on 10th and 11th) to draft RFP 5.   Coordinate with co-chairs
  • ACTION (all): Bring forward particular points to bring in 5 requirements section.
  • ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially
  • ACTION: Circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back
  • ACTION (staff) for next call: display wiki page during the call
  • ACTION: Grace to poll for next call

Next call: RFP5 Wednesday 7 January 21:00 – 22:00

Suggestion Call for 12 or 13 January (2 hours) (Doodle poll)

ACTION: Grace to poll for next call

Call closes at 22.23 UTC


RFP 5 #3 Transcript Dec 30.doc

RFP 5 #3 Transcript Dec 30.pdf


The Adobe Connect recording is available here:   https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p788ewvinc2/

The Audio Recording is available here:  https://icann.box.com/shared/static/ccjuij6mseoojoioiqki.mp3

Documents Presented


Chat Transcript

  Brenda Brewer:Good Day Everyone!  Welcome to the RFP 5 Conference Call on December 30 at 21:30 UTC.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi all

  Yasuichi Kitamura (At-Large):just finished breakfast :-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I am looking forward to mine after this call  *esp the pot of coffee I hav planned*  been on calls since 0100 local time *AGAIN!*

  Grace Abuhamad:I'm sorry cherly

  Grace Abuhamad:cheryl

  Sivasubramanian M:Partial  apologies. I am on a train.. May go offline frequently.

  Berry Cobb:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/CWG-RFP5+-+Draft

  Grace Abuhamad:thanks Berry!

  Grace Abuhamad:cc community survey: http://ianaso.org/

  Berry Cobb:dang it.  my line dropped.

  Berry Cobb:I might recommend that at the next CWG call, we bring up the wiki form specifically as part of the RFP5 update.  And rehighlight the objectives to be completed here.

  Grace Abuhamad:all set

  Grace Abuhamad:that is correct

  Grace Abuhamad:I will look into times

  Grace Abuhamad:Thank you Cheryl for running a good call.

  Yasuichi Kitamura (At-Large):bye, all

  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks very One  Bye!  Happy NY

  • No labels