RFP5 meeting of the CWG-Stewardship -  Wednesday January 7th 2015 from 21:00  22:00 UTC

Time zone converter here    |     Adobe Connecthttps://icann.adobeconnect.com/cwg-stewardship/


Subgroup Members:   Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Avi Doria, Mary Uduma, Jaap Akkerhuis, Steve Crocker

Staff:  Berry Cobb, Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Marika Konings

Apologies: Yasuichi Kitamura; Lise Fuhr

**Please let Grace know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Draft Agenda

0.  All WT Members are expected to have reviewed our last call on Dec 30th;  the notes, recording, and chat transcript are available on the meeting page here: Meeting #3 CWG RFP5 (30 December)
1. Welcome; Attendance and Apologies (3-5 mins)
  • including noting and introduction any new members joining the RFP-5-WT
  • Standing Iem => Member  SOI  Continuous Disclosure => If needed please update your SOI

2.  Review of Action items from last call (5-10 mins)
Below is a summary of the action items: 
    • ACTION (staff): look for time during Intense week-end  (on 10th and 11th) to draft RFP 5.   Coordinate with co-chairs
    • Time slot for looking at RFP 5 questions at end of intensive work week-end, 
    • ACTION (all): Bring forward particular points to bring in 5 requirements section.

    • ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially to the list.
    • ACTION: Circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back
    • ACTION (staff) for next call: display wiki page during the (CWG and RFP-5) call(s)
    • ACTION: seek additional assistance from ccTLD and gTLD reps to provide input and assistance to prepare response
    • Staff and coordinator only worked on page. Participants of RFP 5 group are invited to add material. If changes are made, annotate with initials, please do not delete, but use square brackets etc.,, to ensure track changes.
    •  Current text is based on ICG RFP 5 and refers to NTIA requirements


3.  Update from RFP-3&4 activities @Avri Doria (5- 10 mins)

4.  Discussion and input into section 5 drafting (25-30mins)  see Drafting Wiki Page  To be displayed during this meeting and the CWG one this week.

Discussion points re input into section 5 drafting

    • Plan for using output during Intensive week-end to start real work. Assignment of pen holders and specific RFP-5 rapporteur (s?)  for Intensive Work W'end  
    • Update on proposal to look  at RFP 5 questions at end of week-end with whole CWG, 
    • ACTION (all): Any points brought forward to contribute to drafting of the TEXT (expanded/annotation)  for the 5 requirements section.
      • Allocation / Call for  owners for each of the sections
        • From ACTION: Put to list five skeletons items and seek volunteers to hold pen initially. and  circulate to wider list the link to wiki page and seek feed-back on list and in next CWG Meeting in prep for Intensive Work W'end input.
    • Update on Drafting for 'political sensitive' section on NTIA Requirement #5=>  non-governmental or Government led replacement of oversight mechanism.
    • ...
    • ...
    • ...

5.  AOB (3-5 min)

6. Review any Action Items (5mins)

7. Next call(s) (3-5mins)
  • Update on opportunities for RFP-5 WT meeting time during Intensive Work W'end.
  • Update - Doodle outcome for 2 hr call in Week of Jan 12.

Notes and Action Items

1. Welcome; Attendance and Apologies (3-5 mins)

including noting and introduction any new members joining the RFP-5-WT

Standing Item => Member  SOI  Continuous Disclosure => If needed please update your SOI


2.  Review of Action items from last call (5-10 mins)

Below is a summary of the action items: 

IN PROGRESS (staff): Time slot for looking at RFP 5 questions at end of intensive work week-end

--> Please complete Doodle poll: http://doodle.com/t7n3k4bebc5epu4g

3.  Update from RFP-3&4 activities @Avri Doria (5- 10 mins)

 survey focus in RFP3


4.  Discussion and input into section 5 drafting (25-30mins)  see Drafting Wiki Page  

Discussion points re input into section 5 drafting

Plan for using output during Intensive week-end to start real work. Assignment of pen holders and specific RFP-5 rapporteur (s?)  for Intensive Work W'end  

Update on proposal to look  at RFP 5 questions at end of week-end with whole CWG, 

ACTION (all): Any points brought forward to contribute to drafting of the TEXT (expanded/annotation)  for the 5 requirements section.

Allocation / Call for  owners for each of the sections

Update on Drafting for 'political sensitive' section on NTIA Requirement #5=>  non-governmental or Government led replacement of oversight mechanism.


5.  AOB (3-5 min)


6. Review any Action Items (5mins)


7. Next call(s) (3-5mins)

Update on opportunities for RFP-5 WT meeting time during Intensive Work W'end.

Update - Doodle outcome for 2 hr call in Week of Jan 12. 


Transcript RFP 5 Jan 07.doc

Transcript RFP 5 Jan 07.pdf


The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1bjutvxj1s/ 

The audio recording is available here:   https://icann.box.com/shared/static/1t7n9q4wjys7evspx8gg.mp3

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

  Brenda Brewer:Welcome to the RPF5 conferece call on January 07, 2015 at 21:00 UTC.

  Avri Doria:no audio support yet

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sorry should be soon

  Grace Abuhamad:I'm in Adobe, but have no audio yet since I'm still on another call

  Steve Crocker:Hello, everyone

  jaap akkerhuis (sas):hi all

  Brenda Brewer:Audio is on. 

  Brenda Brewer:Cheryl, will you ay something please.

  Brenda Brewer:or say something!

  Marika Konings:@Brenda - we can hear Cheryl speak. Can you hear us?

  Brenda Brewer:no

  Brenda Brewer:fixed

  Marika Konings:the meeting has started - the operator has confirmed that the recordings are on

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:audio is good

  Brenda Brewer:thank you!

  Steve Crocker:pre-delegation testing?  Is that considered part of the IANA function or part of ICANN's adminsitration of the generic TLDs?

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Will work on this

  Berry Cobb:@Steve - Chucks Repsonse:  Berry,To my knowledge I do not think there is any existing documentation for gTLD delegations.  I am sure the gTLD registry operators would have a lot to say about pre-delegation testing but that is not an IANA functions but rather a prerequisite to the IANA functions kicking in.  We could do a simple survey of gTLD registry experiences with IANA services and I will discuss this with our RySG team supporting the IANA-CWG.Chuck

  Steve Crocker:@Berry - Thanks.  That matches what I expected.

  Grace Abuhamad:I just joined!

  Avri Doria:where is this on the wiki?

  Marika Konings:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/CWG-RFP5+-+Draft

  Avri Doria:becasue i dont find it listed in on the main page for rfp5

  Avri Doria:thanks

  Grace Abuhamad:It's a sub page

  Grace Abuhamad:But I will put a big link to it from main page

  Avri Doria:it is in the tree. but then i have to recognize the name.

  Grace Abuhamad:thanks Avri

  Grace Abuhamad:I'll edit the Wiki now

  Grace Abuhamad:good feedback

  Marika Konings:It should be a child page of the RFP5 page now

  Grace Abuhamad:Yes, I sent direct link to full CWG

  Avri Doria:probably my own bad habit.  i start at the wiki page and only go back to email if i can't find it easily from the wiki page.

  Grace Abuhamad:I did!

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:have a good one!

  Grace Abuhamad:Does that work Avri?

  Steve Crocker:Nicely done!

  jaap akkerhuis (sas):bye all

  Avri Doria:Beautifully. no way to be blind with that.  thanks

  Grace Abuhamad::)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks ALL!!

  • No labels