Terri Agnew: (1/27/2015 18:46) Welcome to the ALAC Monthly Meeting on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 21:00 UTC
  Terri Agnew: (18:46) meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/w4sQAw
  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (20:54) hello everyone!
  Siranush Vardanyan: (20:55) hi all
  Maureen Hilyard: (20:55) Hi everyone
  Heidi Ullrich: (20:55) Welcome, All!
  Glenn McKnight: (20:55) I just joined
  VANDA: (20:55) hi everyone!
  Julie Hammer: (20:56) Good morning, everyone!
  VANDA: (20:56) great year to all!
  VANDA: (20:57) I will be connected only by adobe line
  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (20:58) Good morning Julie!
  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (20:58) Feliz año Vanda!
  VANDA: (20:59) a ti tambien leon!
  Eduardo Diaz: (21:00) ¡Hola a todos!
  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (21:00) Hola Ed!
  Hadja: (21:00) Hello everyone
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (21:01) I can listen at the moment so please feel free to start
  Gisella Gruber: (21:04) Fatima has joined the Spanish channel
  Gisella Gruber: (21:04) Welcome Roberto - will add you to attendance
  Glenn McKnight: (21:04) Voice is low
  Gisella Gruber: (21:04) Evan has joined the AC room
  Glenn McKnight: (21:04) Hey Evan
  Roberto Gaetano: (21:04) Thanks, Gisella
  VANDA: (21:04) yes, but I can hear
  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (21:05) Hello Evan!
  Gisella Gruber: (21:05) Judith Hellerstein has joined the AC
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:06) could we please have scroll control over the agenda?
  Julie Hammer: (21:06) Not from me.
  Eduardo Diaz: (21:06) I am going to be in the audio channel for a while. I have to phisically move to another place.
  Glenn McKnight: (21:06) Evan did you want to repeat the  announcemen to the  NARALO  ARIN MOU?
  Ariel Liang: (21:07) Policy Development page: https://community.icann.org/x/bwFO
  Gisella Gruber: (21:07) Amal and Rinalia have joined the AC room
  Gisella Gruber: (21:08) Otunte has joined the AC room
  Ariel Liang: (21:08) WHOIS Accuracy Pilot Report: https://community.icann.org/x/Zo0QAw
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:08) I've read the report and it appears to be done correctly. It appears that there is an improvement in the accuracy
  Ariel Liang: (21:09) GNSO Policy & Implementation: https://community.icann.org/x/j5YQAw
  Gisella Gruber: (21:09) Dev has joined the AC room
  Glenn McKnight: (21:11) sounds like  she is under water
  VANDA: (21:11) difficult to understand also
  Glenn McKnight: (21:12) No idea  the point
  Holly Raiche: (21:12) Remember, I was the chair of the WG to draw up the charter for this
  VANDA: (21:12) can someone resume what Cheryl has said?
  Gisella Gruber: (21:12) @ Glenn/Vanda - Cheryl is currently on her mobile. SHe will be on a landline shorltly
  VANDA: (21:12) great
  Glenn McKnight: (21:12) I know that   We are asking for a summary
  Beran Gillen: (21:13) Good evening sorry am late
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:14) +1 Alan - I agree it was very productive
  Gisella Gruber: (21:15) Welcome Beran
  Beran Gillen: (21:16) Thanks Gisella
  Glenn McKnight: (21:16) ALS  recruitment  should  go through a  rigerous  screen .  
  Glenn McKnight: (21:17) I have submitted a complete  list of the NARALO  ALS  participation for 2014 . It's quite revealing
  Alan Greenberg: (21:19) I dropped. Will dial back in
  Alan Greenberg: (21:19) Olivier. Please
  Alan Greenberg: (21:20) My phone has died. Need to change
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:21) ALS Criteria: http://atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/structures-app.htm
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (21:22) hearing an echo
  Leon Sanchez: (21:23) terrible echo
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (21:23) no its the whole channel
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:23) ok echo ended
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:25) ...and we need the interpretation to run so as to record in spanish too
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:25) no audio in Spanish channel
  Gisella Gruber: (21:25) Fatima - Spanish will be back shortly.
  Gisella Gruber: (21:26) Power cuts in Buenos Aires today
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:26) ok, thanks Gisella
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:26) ouch
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:27) @Tijani: I was suggesting having a CROPP + a CRIPP
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:27) adding CRIPP
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:28) There was a time when ICANN senior staff committed to visit ALSes, but I do not know if this is still taking place
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (21:28) To clarify, the CROPP program is for GNSO Constituncies (BC, IPC, ISPC, NCUC, NPOC) and At-Large. Other ACs like SSAC, GAC aren't part of the program
  Glenn McKnight: (21:29) I thought  we are using the term engagement  not  outreach
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:29) CRIPP = Community Regional Inreach Pilot Program. No reference to the US gang. Sorry I did not realise....
  Roberto Gaetano: (21:29) @OCL2 - would it not be too heavy burden to have ICANN staff visiting *all* ALSes?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:30) of course, not every time, but there are some regions where this would really help keep the tie with ICANN
  Glenn McKnight: (21:30) Where is the link to CRIPP?
  Gisella Gruber: (21:30) ICANN Full schedule: http://singapore52.icann.org/en/schedule-full
  Gisella Gruber: (21:31) At-Large Agendas: https://community.icann.org/x/kiTxAg
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:31) @Glenn: nowhere. I just coined it Inreach = I Outreach = O
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (21:32) @Roberto - I don't think so, I think its good to let the ALS know that they are there and perhaps see if a chat can happen - its very strange if an ICANN VP is in a country and the ALS in country are the last to know about it
  Glenn McKnight: (21:32) @ better than  CREEP  
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:32) what I said is that we should be suggesting a Community Regional Inreach program if we are serious about inreach
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:32) no audio again
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:32) @Glenn: CREEP?
  Gisella Gruber: (21:33) Fatima - no spanish?
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:33) yes, no Spanish audio
  Alan Greenberg: (21:33) Fatima - power failures in Buenos Aires
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:34) ok, I can move to the AC
  Alan Greenberg: (21:34) That would help. Thank you.
  Roberto Gaetano: (21:34) @Dev - You are probably right - I am thinking about the implications, in order to make a reasonable proposal
  Gisella Gruber: (21:35) @ Fatima - thank you very much!
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:35) no problem. Thank you :)
  Gisella Gruber: (21:35) We are reconnecting the Spanish as soon as possible ...
  Gisella Gruber: (21:35) Cheryl is back on
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:35) Here are storms across the country today
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:36) I noticed we don' t have 15 minutes lay over between meeting, though it is huge timing, but was useful last time not to be late from one meeting to another
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:36) *there are
  Garth Graham: (21:38) CREEP = Communities Relating Exquisitely Extreme Predicaments
  Gisella Gruber: (21:38) @ Siranush - we have tried to do our best but we are very limited on time slots. We will encourage the Chairs/Moderators to finsih a few minutes ahead of time.
  Gisella Gruber: (21:38) Fortunately Singapore is a great venue - all the meeting rooms are on the same floor!
  Gisella Gruber: (21:38) Eduardo has left the call - he was restricted to one hour
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:38) thanks, Gisella
  Holly Raiche: (21:38) What about a free pass to Raffles for high tea
  Roberto Gaetano: (21:39) @Fatima you mean weatherwise, or related to Kirchner's announcement? :) - sorry, I could not resist :(
  Maureen Hilyard: (21:39) @Holly LOL - ICANN wouldn't be able to afford the required budget
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:39) both, @Roberto ;)
  Gisella Gruber: (21:39) Spanish interpretation is back
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:40) thanks @Gisella
  Holly Raiche: (21:40) Unhappily, yes, I don't think we'' get free passes for anything at Raffles
  Gisella Gruber: (21:41) Cheryl is back in the AC
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:41) Nothing in free at Raffles. :-)
  Gisella Gruber: (21:41) Spanish dropped again
  Gisella Gruber: (21:41) Spanish is back
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:41) Nothing is free
  Ariel Liang: (21:41) ALAC questions to the Board: https://community.icann.org/x/KyjxAg
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (21:41) I have only missed a minute of audio as I transitioned from road to home/office
  Roberto Gaetano: (21:41) Why go to Raffles? They do not even offer free WiFi for customers, unless you have a room in the hotel
  Murray McKercher naralo: (21:41) Sorry I am late, but trying to catch the last few magic moments
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:42) @Roberto, that's where the conference is. Raffles centre
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:42) Not the Raffles hotel. (we wish!)
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (21:43) The Board will ask if the ALAC has suggestions on ICANN's top 5 risks.  No problem if there is none to propose/discuss.
  Fatima Cambronero: (21:43) I sent some suggestions to the meeting with the Board
  Gisella Gruber: (21:43) @ All - Spanish interpretation is no longer available. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience!
  Roberto Gaetano: (21:43) @OCL the Raffles centre is one thing, the Raffles hotel is a different thing
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:44) Sorry, guess Iĺ l type
  Murray McKercher naralo: (21:44) @Alan..on remote hubs it appears the time difference for this particular meeting makes it unlikley we will have a NARALO remote hub..sorry I have no voice at the moment
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:44) no audio
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:44) 2 questions:
  Holly Raiche: (21:44) @ Roberto - trust me, OCL knows - we did high tea at the real Raffles
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (21:44) Need a dial back in please listening in AC though
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:44) is the meeting between the NGCPC andon pics been screduled
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:44) 2) is there a list of arrival; time so people can sghare taxis
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (21:45) high tea = high price
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:45) the meeting on PICS
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:45) NGPC and ALAC members
  Glenn McKnight: (21:45) Evan you and  I arrive  after  midnight on Friday
  Gisella Gruber: (21:45) @ Evan - in progress re travel data
  Ariel Liang: (21:45) yes I have been following up with travel staff re arrival list. will be up shortly
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:45) Ah OK, thanks
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (21:45) back in thx
  Glenn McKnight: (21:46) Also the Technology Taskforce is  putting a  Road Warrior  PDF  of  tips for Mobile  etc while in Singapore
  Glenn McKnight: (21:46) Looking for tips for the PDF
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:46) Glenn has been doing a great job coordinating a visitors guide
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (21:47) and THANK YOU Leon for wrangling the schedule
  VANDA: (21:47) great Glenn!
  Maureen Hilyard: (21:47) Big thanks to Leon.. for a job well done
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:47) Thanks to Leon and Gisella!!!
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:47) ++++1 Leon
  VANDA: (21:47) + 1 Heidi
  Leon Sanchez: (21:47) Thanks everyone! :D
  Beran Gillen: (21:47) well done Leon :)
  Glenn McKnight: (21:47) @ no I am not doing a  visitor guide  but  a  Road Warrior  Guide  ie. Sims, Mobile Apps  etc  for Singapore
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (21:48) at least G knoew she was in for  Leon  on the other hand ... .. ....
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:48) 17 applications for hubs  - https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Remote+Hub+for+ICANN+52+Workspace
  VANDA: (21:48) not a chance for brazil too. middle of the night
  Ariel Liang: (21:48) Here is the Remote Hub application status table: https://community.icann.org/x/IyjxAg
  Ariel Liang: (21:48) 17 applications
  Glenn McKnight: (21:48) No  outstanding NARALO  ALS  applications right now
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:48) @Murray, there are two applications from NARALO
  Glenn McKnight: (21:49) Which two Naralo applications?
  Judith Hellerstein: (21:49) @heidi any answers to my questions on special budget
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:49) NARALo is working on a submission to come shirtly
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:49) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY16+Budget+Development+Workspace
  Murray McKercher naralo: (21:49) @Heidi, that is good news, perhaps there is a way to collaborate with these folks, please bridge us if appropriate
  Ariel Liang: (21:50) @Murray, I still have included your application in the table. the other NARALO application is from Intellectual Property and Technology Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association (in Hawaii)
  Glenn McKnight: (21:50) A  few  Naralo  application will be coming  One from Loris   will be submitted soon
  Ariel Liang: (21:50) @Glenn, deadline for submission was yesterday
  Glenn McKnight: (21:50) @ the Hawaii group is  Seth Reiss;s group isn;t it?
  Judith Hellerstein: (21:50) Special request for Captioning
  Ariel Liang: (21:50) Yes, Seth's
  Glenn McKnight: (21:51) @ Ariel  what are you speaking about , What  deadline?
  Murray McKercher naralo: (21:51) @Ariel, well Hawaii makes sense, given the time zone issues
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:51) related to fy16, is there a possibility to change the deadline go the first submission to staff? it is February 4' but we need to discuss in person with apralo team in Singapore before applying?
  Ariel Liang: (21:52) @Glenn, Remote Hub applications
  Glenn McKnight: (21:52) Ok,  confused me  since  we were speaking about Naralo ALS  applications
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:54) apralo has started to work on one request, so, consider receiving one from us as we'll
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:55) @Siranush, great! What is the proposal?
  Glenn McKnight: (21:56) Naralo has  had a lot of  discussion on a  North American General Assembly
  Glenn McKnight: (21:56) Evan can speak on thi s
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:56) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY16+Budget+Development+Workspace
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:56) @heidi, related ti participation at the annual igf meeting
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:57) ok, thanks.
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:57) sorry for typos, I am using iPad now
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:57) If you have any questions, please contact Alan, Tijani and At-Large staff
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:58) Staff are happy to work with you, provide guidance, etc.
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:58) so, no chances to submit at least while hi Singapore, Heidi?
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:58) CCWG on Accountability: https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/CCWG+on+Enhancing+ICANN+Accountability
  Siranush Vardanyan: (21:59) in Singapore I mean
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:59) Please note that this topic will be one of the ALAC's hot topics in Singapore.
  Evan Leibovitch: (21:59) Alan, I thought I'd answered your comments almost as soon as you asked them. :-)
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:59) @Siranush, you can submit it in Singapore, but the FBSC may not have time to review it in Singapore.
  Siranush Vardanyan: (22:00) ok, thanks
  Glenn McKnight: (22:01) Just a reminder on the ETHOS  AWARDS
  Glenn McKnight: (22:01) https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-12-10-en
  Evan Leibovitch: (22:02) There is a discussion in the mailing lists, started by Greg Shatan, that revisits the idea of "members" iof ICANN as an accountability issue. Very interesting reading.
  Beran Gillen: (22:04) Indeed discussions on the mailing lists are very interesting indeed.
  Leon Sanchez: (22:04) It is interesting. However as far as the CCWG concerns, we are not yet looking into that as we are focusing our work on scoping the "how can we...?" in relation to the requirements identified to empower the communitiy
  Beran Gillen: (22:05) Robin Gross also suggested having ahe Board delegatesa decision-making function to some other body
  Beran Gillen: (22:05) with minimal change to current structure of ICANN
  Beran Gillen: (22:06) i thought that was quite feasible and an interesting approach
  Evan Leibovitch: (22:06) I find "making the community 'members' of ICANN who can elect the Board (or remove them!) to be a quite good answer to "how do we?"  ... :-)
  Beran Gillen: (22:06) i got quite a bit of support too
  Beran Gillen: (22:06) it**
  Leon Sanchez: (22:07) @Evan yes. But I mean the "how do we...?" from a legal POV
  Alan Greenberg: (22:08) @beran, that is not just Robin that has proposed somthing like that. It was also an integral part of the ALAC IANA transition proposal, as well as integral to the Business Const. Proposals.
  Leon Sanchez: (22:08) The question to the legal experts in that sense could be "how can we have the community members be empowered to recall/remove board members under certain given circumstances?
  Evan Leibovitch: (22:09) ICANN can have its status changed from "non profit without members" to "non profit with members".
  Fatima Cambronero: (22:09) I am not sure that "ICANN membership" could be the correct answer...
  Beran Gillen: (22:09) @Alan yes I am aware I was talking with regards to Accountability and the CCWG which was the topic we were on.
  Alan Greenberg: (22:09) On members, although a number of people are supporting that, they have quite different ( and not compatible) views as to who those members should be.
  Leon Sanchez: (22:09) @Evan yes but I have some concerns that changing ICANN into a membership organization might leave out many groups
  VANDA: (22:10) + 1 Leon
  Beran Gillen: (22:10) @Leon thats my fear too..... those who are not necessarily that tough could easily be drowned out in the noise or muscled out by the bigger guys
  Alan Greenberg: (22:10) Proposals for members have ranged from the AC/SOs to every gTLD registrant.
  Glenn McKnight: (22:10) Membership  slogans  pending
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (22:11) I've "kinda been' on those calls as well OCL  ;-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (22:11) Cheryl - I only mentioned "members" of the WG. sorry :-)
  Leon Sanchez: (22:11) @Beran or existing members could capture the organization and prevent new members from joining if they had confronted interests
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (22:12) ...and of course I stand corrected that Alan was not a member: But he's the ALAC Chair so he's allowed to be mentioned :-)
  Beran Gillen: (22:12) @Leon.... true
  Evan Leibovitch: (22:12) This is the email I am referring to:
  Evan Leibovitch: (22:12) https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2015-January/000863.html
  Evan Leibovitch: (22:13) This offers a vision of membership that offers a very interesting starting point
  Siranush Vardanyan: (22:13) it is 2:15am my time :(
  Leon Sanchez: (22:13) @Evan it does. We're continuing discussion on Jonathan's points
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (22:13) I'v been meeting at that ime since 2007 Siranush ;-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (22:14) Several alternatives: conduct regional ALAC meetings back to back & have Alan repeat himself. :-)
  Siranush Vardanyan: (22:14) I know that, Cheryl:)
  Beran Gillen: (22:14) laughs @OCL
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (22:14) I only took family dinner time  to 'If needs be'
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (22:15) We can perhaps  still rotate between 2 'prime times'  but we shall see
  Evan Leibovitch: (22:15) Sshh
  Alan Greenberg: (22:17) @OCL, I hope we will get to the point where the meetings are not just people listening to me.
  Ariel Liang: (22:17) ATLAS II Recs to Board Attention: https://community.icann.org/x/PBnxAg
  Ariel Liang: (22:19) No.16, 26, 27, 40, 41, 42 are the ones that we will present to the Board
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (22:19) Would suggest preparing recommendations for Staff  - directed at Fadi (they may be in the position to do something even without Board engagement/acceptance because it would fall within their work).
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (22:20) @Rinalia: good point. I'll see if we can work on any recommendations for staff
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (22:20) cool
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2: (22:20) @Rinalia: the current problem is time. We have little time.
  VANDA: (22:20) true
  Heidi Ullrich: (22:21) At-Large/At-Large Review Workspace: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=51417943
  Glenn McKnight: (22:21) I need to go to another meeting.
  Glenn McKnight: (22:21) vye
  Glenn McKnight: (22:21) bye
  VANDA: (22:21) safe trip to Singapore Glenn
  VANDA: (22:22) welcome to take pictures at DNS women.... 7AM monday... kisses
  Heidi Ullrich: (22:22) At-Large Review Workspace: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=51417955
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (22:23) no permission to read it - guess its for the ALAC only ;-D
  VANDA: (22:23) I can help on this CLO / Holly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (22:24) Excellent Thanks Vanda  (note this please staff)
  VANDA: (22:24) will do
  Heidi Ullrich: (22:24) There will be a brief update on Tuesday by Holly and Cheryl (see: At-Large Review Working Party - Holly Raiche and Cheryl Langdon-Orr (11:00-11:20))
  Leon Sanchez: (22:25) will step away for a moment to take care of fatherhood really quick
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (22:26) :) Leon
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (22:27) wow
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (22:27) Take care all
  Heidi Ullrich: (22:27) See you in Singapore!!
  Maureen Hilyard: (22:27) Well done Alan!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (22:27) Excellent  :-)  Thanks all
  Holly Raiche: (22:27) Well done Alan
  Siranush Vardanyan: (22:27) by all, safe travels and see you soon
  VANDA: (22:27) just remember LAC SPACE will be Monday from 10:30 to 12:00
  Heidi Ullrich: (22:27) Please let At-Large staff know if you have any concerns re travel info and per diems
  Beran Gillen: (22:27) safe travels
  Murray McKercher naralo: (22:27) enjoe the trip see you in internetland
  Beran Gillen: (22:27) see hyou
  Maureen Hilyard: (22:27) Bye all.. see you in Singapore
  Ariel Liang: (22:27) bye all! see you in Singapore. safe travels
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (22:27) Bye  safe travels
  Beran Gillen: (22:27) bye
  Amal: (22:27) Thank you !
  Julie Hammer: (22:27) Bye!
  VANDA: (22:27) safe travels to all
  Roberto Gaetano: (22:27) Bye
  Fatima Cambronero: (22:27) thanks all. See you soon. Bye
  Amal: (22:27) See you in Singapore
  Silvia Vivanco: (22:28) Bye bye  safe travels everyone and see you soon!

• No labels