Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building meeting on Friday, 26 September 2014 at 16:30  UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/vRXxAg

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Terri..  Good morning all

Yasuichi Kitamura (ISOC-JP):hi, all

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all. Heidi sends her apologies for today's meeting. I will be taking the Action Items today

Terri Agnew:Welcome Fatima Cambronero

Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone, sorry for being late

Terri Agnew:We have just started

Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Terri

Terri Agnew:@Oliiver, adigo is calling you back

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok I am back

Silvia Vivanco:I can read okay Olivier

Terri Agnew:Welcome Dev Anand Teelucksingh

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone. Sorry to be late

Fatima Cambronero:programmes like Fellowship, Mentorship, right?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ICANN Academy....

Fatima Cambronero:yes, I forgot, thanks Dev

Maureen Hilyard:Have we done an evaluation of the capacity building that has been done already?

Fatima Cambronero:maybe we need a survey to evaluate + a table to put the outcomes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:taking stock of Capacity Building is needed

Fatima Cambronero:agree @Olivier

Fatima Cambronero:exactly @Olivier, and also what programmes are included in "Capacity Building"

Terri Agnew:Welcome Siranush Vardanyan

Siranush Vardanyan:I am sorry for late arrival

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:can you hear me ?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:no

Terri Agnew:@ Dev, we are unable to hear you

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we cannot hear you Dev:-(

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hmm problem with mic

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:sorry will dial in

Fatima Cambronero:your mic is mute in the AC, @Dev

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:not yet

Terri Agnew:Welcome Ronald Ojino

Terri Agnew:Dev is on audio

Ronald Ojino:Thanks all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:right , ready

Fatima Cambronero:for example, our recommendation to the Board could include a point to ask more slots for At-Large members in the Fellowship Programme? (I am trying to understand, sorry)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:All At-Large

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes all At-Large

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We are looking at At-Large as a whole

Ronald Ojino:i find most lists dormant can we push each other so as to particiate more on the li

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:For our capacity sessions to be more accessible for future use by improving the production value of our sessions (this can be done by ICANN Staff - Communications Dept)

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Olivier.. how much do we add to  policy development ?

Ronald Ojino:for new comers i find alot needs to be done to guide us on participation

Fatima Cambronero:Agree, @Ronald. And the first contact of the newcomers is the RALO. In my opinion, we have to push the capacity building also at RALOs level

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Fatima.. RALO level is important.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:policy development history - perhaps capacity building wg (which includes RALO members) can help ensure policy background is good for At-Large

Maureen Hilyard:Olivier, is there a timeframe for responses from this group?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes. We need a first response by the Los Angeles meeting. So 2 weeks. The question is: what can we produce that would be helpful and be ready in time for the ALAC meeting with the Board in Los Angeles?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Ronald: you mention the dormant lists. You are absolutely correct. The Chairs of the lists should be keeping them alive :-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:?

Ronald Ojino:I agree Olivier, Personally i need more direction and can assist in  providing help in policy  development as a newbie... i got lost in the middle of everything and had no help

Fatima Cambronero:@Tijani, maybe regarding the recommendation #2 we can ask collaboration to each RALO. They can help us to remark what capacity programme was more relevant for them and why. Also we can have something to the next week

Fatima Cambronero:(sorry I cannot speak, Can someone read this? Thanks)

Fatima Cambronero:Thanks @Silvia!

Fatima Cambronero:some outcome

Fatima Cambronero:to analyze

Fatima Cambronero:maybe. It is only a suggestion to discuss

Siranush Vardanyan:I agree with Tijani here that ALSs provided their topics for capacity building for ATLAS II survey, can we go back to the answers for that questions? just checking

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Fatima -- do the Action Items for recommendation 2 reflect your suggestion?

Terri Agnew:Monday, 13 October Agendas: https://community.icann.org/x/GsPhAg

Yasuichi Kitamura (ISOC-JP):Thank you

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all AIs will be posted shortly

Fatima Cambronero:@Olivier, not really, I suggested to ask the RALOs about the past capacity building programmes in which they took part to taking the stock and evaluate them.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Will you follow-up on the mailing list?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:perhaps should the Action Items be posted onto the mailing list and you can pick up from there

Yasuichi Kitamura (ISOC-JP):i got it.

Yasuichi Kitamura (ISOC-JP):bye all

Siranush Vardanyan:bye all

Ronald Ojino:bye

Fatima Cambronero:thanks to all. Agree @Olivier

Maureen Hilyard:Bye everyone

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

Fatima Cambronero:bye

• No labels