Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building meeting on Thursday, 11 September 2014 at 1900 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/VgzxAg

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Judith Hellerstein:HI All

Terri Agnew:Welcome everyone

Glenn McKnight:Hi  All

Judith Hellerstein:There is no audio now is that because no one is spekaing

Glenn McKnight:I am not connected  by audio yet

Judith Hellerstein:Thanks

Heidi Ullrich:We are waiting for Tijani . We have contacted him

Judith Hellerstein:Tijani is now here

Narine Khachatryan:Hello, everyone!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Links are on the agenda page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Capacity+Building+Working+Group+2014-09-11

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we can gain the temperature of the participation in he capacity building program :-)

Maureen Hilyard:The timing of some of the webinars would have affected attendance as well

Maureen Hilyard:in a particular region's zone

Terri Agnew:Welcome Darlene Thompson

Darlene Thompson:ty - sorry for my tardiness

Glenn McKnight:Hi Kathy can you lower down to see the NARALO attendance?

Maureen Hilyard:Sorry.. I accidentally pressed the wrong key and disconnected myself

Kathy Schnitt:The 0 was an apology

Terri Agnew:Maureen has lost audio, we are dialing back out to her

Glenn McKnight:Terri or  Kathy  I can't  see the full  list

Terri Agnew:@Glenn, is that better?

Terri Agnew:Maureen has rejoined audio

Maureen Hilyard:Back again.. thanks Terri

Glenn McKnight:I  can  scroll down now

Judith Hellerstein:It is attached to the agenda which was sent out. the files download when you click on the agenda

Glenn McKnight:Oliver  can't hear you

Glenn McKnight:I can see it  fully now.   I attended some of these

Terri Agnew:Pastor Peters has disconencted from audio, we are dialing back out to him

Glenn McKnight:really low

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry I have been dropped :-(

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:My question is what do the red boxes mean in Otunte Otuene's line?

Terri Agnew:@OIiver we are dialing back out to you

Maureen Hilyard:I have the same colouring in two of my boxes and I am trying to remember what it might have been

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I can hear through Adobe

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:back ion

Glenn McKnight:Did you have  a poll on  viewer  satisfaction.  Adobe has   polling ability

Terri Agnew:Olivier has rejoined audio

Maureen Hilyard:Yes it is better sound now Olivier

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:well orange boxes more than red

Terri Agnew:Welcome Evan Leibovitch

Evan Leibovitch:G'day

Evan Leibovitch:Lurking only.

Maureen Hilyard:Are the webinars still available? If we take the list back to our RALO meeting - can we tell them where to find them if they want to?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:they should be available , along with transcripts as well

Maureen Hilyard:Great can the links be sent to us please?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I would like to see the Webinars linked from the At-Large Capacity Building page for newcomes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we need a one stop WIKI page with all of the links to our past Webinars

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Pre-ATLAS+II+Capacity+Building+Webinars

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Dev that's not a one stop shop for ALL capacity building. That's just ATLAS II

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Dev.. but I like Olivier's idea about a webinar page for all webinars that we've run

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, do you mean both the At-Large briefing webinars AND the Capacity Building webinars?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yup

Heidi Ullrich:that is easy to do :)

Heidi Ullrich:AI for that?

Glenn McKnight:Not  just  the fellows and newcomers but all the new  ALS's

Glenn McKnight:We have  9 new  ALS

Glenn McKnight:with Naralo  and  the learning curve is steep

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Oh indeed, a consolidated Webinar page would be useful

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:which subjects, Tijani?

Heidi Ullrich:@Tijani/All, on this consolidated workpace for webinars, should we also add the AFRALO capacity webinars that were produced prior to the Durban meeting?

Maureen Hilyard:Perhaps the webinars could be identified according to when they were produced and by whom, for what group?

Heidi Ullrich:Tijani, I meant the Durban ICANN  meeting last year

Heidi Ullrich:there were several capacity  building webinars for AFRALO prior to that

Glenn McKnight:The  Webinars  should  use some graphics and  core deliverables in the  description to amp  up the  look and feel of the  pre-promotion

Heidi Ullrich:@Maureen, so perhaps a table with At-Large on the top and then each RALO

Glenn McKnight:A  simple flyer-stock  could be made.  Look at  Edwardo and my Atlas  2  reports  using more creativity in reporting

Heidi Ullrich:We could also have community members produce LEARN courses that go with the webinars

Heidi Ullrich:Monday, 13 October 2014At-Large Capacity Building Working GroupTime:16:00-17:00

Glenn McKnight:@Heidi  it  is a  direct  connection from webinar to LEARN courses

Glenn McKnight:@Heidi  it  is a  direct  connection from webinar to LEARN courses

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, the courses could also have interactive aspects

Glenn McKnight:Indeed, this  is the trend for online learning

Terri Agnew:Monday, 13 October Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/GsPhAg

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, I believe he is asking about the agenda

Maureen Hilyard:@Heidi  A table yes.. .but we want them to be available to all, but perhaps which ones are in different languages,... are there any not in English only

Glenn McKnight:You need to sell the SIZZLE  and not the steak sometimes. ( sorry  vegans in the group)

Maureen Hilyard:LOL Glenn :)

Glenn McKnight:It would be nice to a flyer of the seminars, times  etc  for the Outreach table

Glenn McKnight:If I have the schedule  I can   mock something up in ADOBE  ILLUSTRATOR

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Several recommendations came from the ATLAS II declaration re: capacity building

Glenn McKnight:Only suggestoins.  Survey scare people

Glenn McKnight:Colllate the  list  and break it down to  areas of interest, tied to subject matter experts  etc

Evan Leibovitch:There needs to be a balance between the skills people want to know and skills for which we have volunteer experts able to terch. Sometimes it is hard finding topics for whoch we have both interested students AND capable teachers.

Heidi Ullrich:List of ATLAS II Declaration recommendations and observations: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/Post-ATLAS+II+Activities+Workspace

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:YES please! :-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Sept/Oct/Nov are the bes ttimes

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Glenn

Judith Hellerstein:When is that program scheduled to be held

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The post-IGF webinar is a good one to promote and to give us more breathing room

Judith Hellerstein:Who is hosting that webinar?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Judith, usually I host it

Judith Hellerstein:OK ISOC DC is hosting a session as well on Monday that we will be webcasting on the ISOC Chapter list serve

Judith Hellerstein:4-6pm eastern time

Judith Hellerstein:http://new.livestream.com/internetsociety/igf2014debrief

Heidi Ullrich:We might also invite the ALSes that are serving as Hubs to be on the call

Heidi Ullrich:so anyone close to them will be aware of where the hubs are

Judith Hellerstein:everyone is welcome to listen in remotely to the ISOC DC one and ask their questions

Maureen Hilyard:Nothing from me.. but I like the ideas that have come up for future webinars

Gisella Gruber:Doodle for week commencing 22 September

Heidi Ullrich:@Tijani, we need the agenda for the LA meeting by 19th Sept, please

Heidi Ullrich:@Tijani, do you wish to have a Doodle for the next meeitng, or on the 25th at the same time ?

Judith Hellerstein:so September 17 or 18

Maureen Hilyard:I probably won't be available during the week of 22-26

Judith Hellerstein:II will not be available 24-26 because of Jewish Holidays

Evan Leibovitch:Sorry, got to leave.

Terri Agnew:Goodbye Evan

Maureen Hilyard:thanks everyone, I'm off to work now :)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

• No labels