At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) Form

1) Please enter your Name:

Pastor Peters Osawaru OMORAGBON

2) Picture/Image:
(Instructions: Click in the field to the right to open up the text input window. Then click the <Insert> menu button, select <Image>, then choose (or browse) to locate an image file (e.g., JPG, PNG, BMP) from your local computer to upload. After insertion, please click on the picture and adjust the size to no larger than 200 pixels). 

3) Are you participating in the At-Large advisory process (including email and real-time discussions) as a representative of:

a) ALAC (if so, detail the region and term):

AFRICA. ALS since 2010 ICANN Fellow 2010 and 2011 Atlas 2 and 3 Alumnus

b) A Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) (if so, please detail the region, position and term):

AFRALO

c) An ICANN-accredited At-Large Structure (if so, which one):

Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-A UN Ecosoc NGO

d) Any ICANN Committee, Constituency or Stakeholder Group (if so, which one(s))?

Atlas2 Planning Committee Work Group, ATLAS 3 , planning Committee, VC AFRALO ROP WG, Member ALAC ALS MOP WP, AFRALO ICANN 80 Planning Committee, AT Large Consolidated Policy Working Group, communications WG

e) Any other company or organization, whether commercial or nonprofit (if so, please detail the organization and your position):

President, Nurses Across the Borders Director for International Liaison Nigerian Nurses Charitable Association-UK, President, Diaspora Nurses Association of Nigeria Board Member-Conference of NGOs in Consultative Status with the UN-CONGO (2011-2017) UNFCCC Designated Contact Person Permanent Representative to the United Nations General Secretary, Civil Society Network on Climate Change in Nigeria Fellow Open Society Institute Budapest

4) Please identify your current employer(s):

Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative Inc (USA and Nigeria Healthcare Today LTD President Diaspora Nurses Association of Nigeria Director for International Liaison for Nigerian Nurses Charitable Association-UK Chairman, Health Committee Nigerians in Diaspora Organization Europe Permanent Representative to the UN UNFCCC Designated Contact Person

5) Please identify your current position(s):

Executive President/.CEO Nurses Across the Borders President Diaspora Nurses Association of Nigeria Director For International Liaison Nigerian Nurses Charitable Association UK Fellow ICANN 2010/ 2011 Fellow Open Society Institute Budapest

6) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:

Executive administrative and managerial functions

7) Please identify your declared country of primary residence:

Nigeria

8) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:

None

9) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:

a) Do you, your employer, and/or sponsor have any type of material or financial interest in the At-Large advisory process and its outcomes?

No

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the interest:

b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?

No

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):

10) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):

I have actively played so far in  AFRALO,  ALAC ALS MOP WP, AFRALO ROP WG, ATLAS II PLANNING COMMITTEE WG, CAPACITY BUILDING WG, AFRALO ICANN 80 PLANNING COMMITTEE WG, ALAC CONSOLIDATED POLICY WG, AFRALO-AFRICANN 80 STATEMENT DRAFTING COMMITTEE,  ICANN UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE EAI WG, UA, ATLASS II & III ALUMNI COMMUNICATION WG  since I obtained the ICANN Fellowship in 2010 and 2011 respectively,  and became emboldened to take more than a passing interest in the ICANN.ORG structures and activities. The leadership trainings provided by ICANN as an ALUMNI of ATLAS II & III Helped in no small measure in broadening my understanding of organisational performance assessment and audits and governance effectiveness, and principle of accountability applicable to organisations broadly similar to ICANN.

11) Additional information (optional):

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AS A VOLUNTEER TO THE PILOT HOLISTIC REVIEW TEAM

My Dear Esteemed ICANN/AFRALO Family.

I am respectfully soliciting your support and endorsement to serve in the above committee.

Starting with my knowledge of and familiarity with the ICANN Review process and ICANN Structures which are better buttressed by the roles I have actively played so far in  AFRALO,  ALAC ALS MOP WP, AFRALO ROP WG, ATLAS II PLANNING COMMITTEE WG, CAPACITY BUILDING WG, AFRALO ICANN 80 PLANNING COMMITTEE WG, ALAC CONSOLIDATED POLICY WG, AFRALO-AFRICANN 80 STATEMENT DRAFTING COMMITTEE,  ICANN UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE EAI WG, UA, ATLASS II & III ALUMNI COMMUNICATION WG  since I obtained the ICANN Fellowship in 2010 and 2011 respectively,  and became emboldened to take more than a passing interest in the ICANN.ORG structures and activities. The leadership trainings provided by ICANN as an ALUMNI of ATLAS II & III helped in no small measure in broadening my understanding of organisational performance assessment and audits and governance effectiveness, and principle of accountability applicable to organisations broadly similar to ICANN. A summary of both my academic credentials, work experience, offices and positions occupied in both local, national, regional and international organisations as follows is a testament of my experience and knowledge of recognised frameworks for organisational excellence. These roles and my academic credentials include but not limited to:  1. Registered Mental Health Nurse since 1983

1. Registered General nurse since 1994
  2. Post Graduate Diploma in Pastoral Theology 1999
  3. Higher Certificate of Education from Coventry University UK 2021
  4. MBA in International Relations and Diplomacy, Cumbria University UK 2024
  5. Permanent UN Representative to Nurses Across the Borders since 2005
  6. First United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change UNFCC Designated Contact Person from Nigeria since 2004
  7. Board Member Conference of NGOs in Consultative Status with UN ECOSOC ( CONGO) 2011 to 2017 the BODY responsible for over 10 million civil society groups registered with the United Nations.
  8. Secretary to the African Regional Committee in Conference Of NGOS 2011 - 2017
  9. Treasurer, Central Association of Nigerians in the UK-CANUK 2013 -2015
  10. Financial Secretary CANUK 2015-2017- CANUK is an umbrella body of all the Nigerian socio-cultural groups, academia, youth organisations, professional groups in the UK working with the Nigerian High Commission.
  11. Director for International Liaison, Nigerian Nurses Charitable Association UK since 2010
  12. President Diaspora Nurses Association of Nigeria since 2009
  13. Chairman Health Committee, Nigerians in Diaspora Organization UK since 2023
  14. In 2003, 2015 contested for the Nigerians House of Representatives and in 2016 and 2020 contested as Governor for Edo State Nigeria.
  15. A fellow of the Open Society Institute since 2007

Since my Fellowship in 2010 and 2011 respectively, and with the registration of my ALS with/in AFRALO, I have been committed to all the various WG and WP within ICANN that I have been involved in. These include but not limited to the followings:  AFRALO,  ALAC ALS MOP WP, AFRALO ROP WG, ATLAS II PLANNING COMMITTEE WG, CAPACITY BUILDING WG, AFRALO ICANN 80 PLANNING COMMITTEE WG, ALAC CONSOLIDATED POLICY WG, AFRALO-AFRICANN 80 STATEMENT DRAFTING COMMITTEE,  ICANN UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE EAI WG, UA COMMUNICATION WG  and ALUMNI OF ATALS II & III.

At these events, I have not only demonstrated my knowledge on issues and understanding of the process but have also played a team role by supporting the leadership and being strong voice and advocate for the standards of the ICANN Bye-Laws and principles. I have an amiable and infectious personality with good communication skills. I have strong analytical skills when making my presentations. A case in mind was ICANN 80 Policy Forum where I made very concrete contributions to both the Regional and global policies in Kigali.

You cannot take away my commitment to the ICANN Values. I am very punctual and respect the importance of timing to organisational growth and development as could be discerned from all my engagement within the ICANN Ecosystem.

My vast exposure to global politics and issues especially as a Permanent UN Representative has broadened my capacity for diplomacy and parliamentary procedures. To sharpened the above skills that I had to study for my MBA in International Relations and Diplomacy at one of Britain's prestigious universities-University of Cumbria.

I pledge to commit my time to the entire proceedings and procedures of the PHR if selected.

I am apt to learn and be taught. My quest for new ideas and knowledge are insatiable which explains my various roles and activities in my global engagements as mentioned earlier above. Since 2010 that I became involved with ICANN.ORG, I have been able to not only respect and value its multi-stakeholder principles but has been a strong advocate for this process. The ICANN Staff can attest to my commitment in time and participation to every group of ICANN I have been registered to be a part of since 2010

As a member of the Board of Trustees of the Conference of NGOs in Consultative Status with the United Nations (with over 10  million NGO/civil society groups, from 2011-2017, demonstrated my qualities as a good team player, with the consensus seeking attitude to deal with the diversity inherent by the millions of NGOs we represent.

If there is anything you cannot take away from me, is my boldness and frankness when it comes to contributing to issues. It shows my passion and commitment.

I can analyse issues and situations and present them to an understanding perspective for all.

Section 1.2.(a)iv, ICANN Byelaws states: Employ open, transparent and bottom-up, multi-stakeholder policy development processes that are led by the private sector (including business stakeholders, civil society, the technical community, academia, and end users), while duly taking into account the public policy advice of governments and public authorities. These processes shall (A) seek input from the public, for whose benefit ICANN in all events shall act, (B) promote well-informed decisions based on expert advice, and (C) ensure that those entities most affected can assist in the policy development process;).

The above section of the ICANN Bye-Laws is the motivation behind all that I believe in and do with/in ICANN since 2010.

I believe in the rule of law and due process which is the bedrock for transparency and accountability. In all the contributions I have made within ICANN  since 2010, they are premised on the above-always proposing positive and democratic changes to the usual ways things are done in ICANN. No wonder I am still actively involved with the ICANN AFRALO ROP WG and actively participated in the ALAC ALS MOP WP that reviewed the ICANN ALAC ALS engagements within ICANN.

To the above, I am bringing my wide range of experience and knowledge of the United Nations workings, and my global exposure as a professional mental health and general nurse with over 40 years of experience both in Africa and Europe, with my MBA degree in International Relations and Diplomacy together with my activism as a civil society leader that has held several positions can help the committee with the review at hand. As an Internet end-user, and my background as enumerated above I shall be very comfortable serving in the Accountability and Transparency (ATRT) Review Team because my experience, exposure, and requisite knowledge and academic background in international relations and diplomacy has prepared me with the following ability Knowledge of performance assessment and audits.

o Expertise in good governance and board performance.

o Understanding of performance measurement.

o Knowledge of process improvement.

o Knowledge of recognised frameworks for organisational excellence.

o Understanding of principles of accountability applicable to organisations broadly

similar to ICANN

The committee will benefit from my above experience as above if selected

I come with the following credentials in summary:

1. Registered Mental Health Nurse since 1983

2. Registered General nurse since 1994

3. Post Graduate Diploma in Pastoral Theologgy 1999

4. Higher Certificate of Education from Coventry University UK 2021

5. MBA in International Relations and Diplomacy, Cumbria University UK 2024

6. Permanent UN Representative to Nurses Across the Borders since 2005

6. First United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change UNFCC Designated Contact Person from Nigeria since 2004

7. Board Member Conference of NGOs in Consultative Status with UN ECOSOC ( CONGO) 2011 to 2017

8. Secretary to the African Regional Committee in CONGO 2011 - 2017

9. Treasurer, Central Association of Nigerians in the UK-CANUK 2013 -2015

10. Financial Secretary CANUK 2015-2017

11. Director for International Liaison, Nigerian Nurses Charitable Association UK since 2010

12. President Diaspora Nurses Association of Nigeria since 2009

14. Chairman Health Committee, Nigerians in Diaspora Organization UK since 2023

15. In 2003, 2015 contested for the Nigerians House of Representatives and in 2016 and 2020 contested as Governor for Edo State Nigeria.

16. A fellow of ICANN (twice, 2010 & 2011)and an Alumnus of the ICANN ATLAS Leadership Forum since 2010 UK to Quebec in 2019.

Distinguished brothers and sisters, at this stage of International dynamics in world politics, AFRALO needs a bold, intelligent Pan Aficanist to represent it within ICANN. 

I promise to dedicate my time for the duration of the review team if selected. 

I maybe too Frank to a fault, but no one can take away my passion for AFRICA and AFRALO. 

I will continue to passionately support ICANN Vision, values and principles.

Thank you and God bless you all as you cast your votes for me.

Yours in service to humanity,

Pastor Peters Osawaru OMORAGBON

12) Page last revised:

20-Jun-2024

===========================

At-Large SOI Template v3 (Feb 2014)