Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Metrics Working Group call on the 07th November 2013 at 1300 UTC

Nathalie  Peregrine:Agenda page:https://community.icann.org/x/dxCfAg

Maureen Hilyard:yes I can sense irritation :)

Darlene Thompson:Could somebody PLEASE buy Cheryl a computer that WORKS!?!?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Adobe's losing our confidence... a note to Adobe from ICANN is probably warranted soon before the software becomes completely unusable

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:been asking for that for ages OCL

Maureen Hilyard:I haven't been able to schedule skype calls I haven't yet been able to schedule skype calls but I have appreciated the email feedback I have had from Tijani, Fatimata and Baudouin

Nathalie  Peregrine:Tijani has just asked to be called by Adigo, he will be joining shortly

Nathalie  Peregrine:Tijani has joined the call

Nathalie  Peregrine:Darlene just dropped

Nathalie  Peregrine:Darlene is back on the rbridge

Darlene Thompson:Sorry - I just got dropped.  Speaking of how things work, I really tried to respond to Maureen's comments a couple of times but the editor would not allow me to.

Oksana Prykhodko:@Maureen You did great jod, but it would be great to separate inputs and outputs. I mean contributions, which did not receive support. I think we have to analyze what is the reason for it?

Maureen Hilyard:I've had occasional problems with the editor as well Darlene..

Maureen Hilyard:Great idea Oksana.. I will check how we can do this to keep comments separated.

Oksana Prykhodko:thank you

Maureen Hilyard:Oksana - my private chat has been disabled by the host..  I also lost adobe connect and have lost all my earlier chat record

Maureen Hilyard:But Metrics is for ALAC , ALSes and RALOs etc

Oksana Prykhodko:my question to Maureen: Maureen, I have another very imposrtant question for me - is this Metrics only for ALAC members or for RALO officers also?

Nathalie  Peregrine:Maureen, the AC chat will be posted on the wiki page, so you will be able to retrieve Chat content

Alan Greenberg:I has allowed me to do private chat with both.

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Nathalie.. bandwidth could be an issue

Nathalie  Peregrine:I understand Cheryl,, sorry for that Maureen

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:if you log in again, you can retrieve your old chats if nobody else hase deleted them.

Maureen Hilyard:Good idea Cheryl.. I 'll do that from what I have received

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I appear to have been dropepd by the phone.... :-(

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but I am hearing you on Adobe

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes we are on the right track

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:can't speak immediately. Terrible techology.... :-(

Nathalie  Peregrine:dialling you back

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am back on the call

Maureen Hilyard:yes Tijani.. we definitely need to get together

Oksana Prykhodko:the best motivation is to see practical results)))

Oksana Prykhodko:for example, what about initiative to create Working Group on Cyrillic IDNS, which was launched in Kiev in October 2013? How to push this idea forward?

Silvia Vivanco:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Metrics+Sub+Committee

Silvia Vivanco:    Members in standby status:    lose their voting rights    are removed from the quorum needed for voting on motions and elections    Cannot be elected as representatives in or from the ALAC    Lose their travel funding slot    Should be notified of the status change    May regain their “less active” status and even their “Active” status    If within the next 6 months

Silvia Vivanco:Definition of the ALAC Member status:        Active        Less active        Standby

Silvia Vivanco:Definition of the criteria of involvement and participation:        Meeting: attendance of:                      i.     ALAC conference calls and any other virtual or face to face meeting                                                           ii.     Conference calls and any other virtual or face to face meeting of the RALO of the member’s region        Contribution: to                                                            i.     the ALAC discussions through mailing lists or wiki pages                                                           ii.     the ICANN policy development through mailing lists or wiki pages        Vote: Voting in the                                                            i.     elections of ATL members including its chair and liaisons or representatives within and on various ICANN constituencies        ii.     any other kind of vote (ratification of statement, survey, etc.)

Oksana Prykhodko:@Alan +1! Trust is a key element!

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed it is

Oksana Prykhodko:@Alan - what are the reasons for these people, who participate, but are not active? maybe they need some help?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:they are public

Maureen Hilyard:yes I can hear it as well

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'm thinking for meeting attendence in a WG, yes, that information is already publicly noted

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:some people go forum shopping -- being on as many working groups to list them on their CV

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I don't hear the noise

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am muted

Alan Greenberg:Oksana, I do not have a degree in psychology, but I suspect that there are people who like the status and benefits are not sufficiently interested or motivated to put any real effort into things. Or in their mind they they ARE working (but invisible to the rest of us).

Oksana Prykhodko:not always

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I realise some people have technical issues in being on calls but in general they're neither active on calls nor on the mailing lists BUT they insist they wish to be on the WG

Alan Greenberg:Certainly not always. Some people need more help and mentoring. But those tend to leave after one term and don't want to stay!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:What's worse, the seeming "silent" members on a WG that seem to disappear off the earth makes it harder for the few that are active in a WG

Silvia Vivanco:Good discussion. 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:an aggregation of all of those results onto a big spreadsheet would indeed be very interesting.

Oksana Prykhodko:hot topick, as I see)

Silvia Vivanco:Looking forward to seeing you soon in Buenos Aires!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:it would be really easy to identify the WG hoppers :-)

Maureen Hilyard:Travel well everyone. Looking forward to seeing you in BA

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks all!

Oksana Prykhodko:have a great time in BA!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all

• No labels