Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the Finance and Budget Committee call on Wednesday 11 September 2013 at 2000 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/3AaMAg
  Julia Charvolen:yep
  Heidi Ullrich:ah, fond memories of English summers ;)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:lol
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)  my mouth is sipping coffee OCL
  Heidi Ullrich:better visual. Thanks, Cheryl :)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree Tijiani  this seems like continuous improvement(s)
  Wolf Ludwig:Questin: Regarding FY 14 RALO Special requests, how many of those were finally aproved?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We've already gone through the fast track requests in the past, so no need to address the fast track requests here.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:So it will be indeed interesting to look at the three requests of standard track
  Wolf Ludwig:From our EURALO experience in 6 years only one request was approved in this period!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Q: There have been various regional Strategy WGs (Latin America/Caribbean, Africa, Middle East) working on regional Strategies which include various outreach and engagement plans (with possible benefits to the At-Large community). How will the budgeting of such plans be handled?
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your mic if you are not speaking
  Silvia Vivanco:My point is "during the review process" we would like to have a chance to improve or tailor the requests so that they meet the criteria
  Silvia Vivanco:EXACTLY!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Earlier community input into the optimum TARGET within ICANN (the Corp) process will indeed help  yes Janice... But this change will take a while to get accross to and the support of the Community as there is (in the Finance area at least)  some negative experiences we all need to get beyond...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:THESE communication  meetings and sharings will of course help a lot with that...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:line dropped sorry eas trying to switch to headset and the handset batterry died :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:listening in AC until my connection is re=established
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:back
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:It was a fast track we thought yes for Bali  the APrIGF  one was not fast tracked
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks for the explaination for LACRALO, and are satisifed that the majority of the request can be handled within the core ICANN budget bucket
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and the Regional / and in many cases subb regional and National IGF's are predictable and more regular/Annual activities...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Ahhh  yes Rob  but (at this stage) Speakers from "Speakers Beurea" are *not*  Community leaders they are "traditional ICANN resources" AND  note all this  is BEFORE  any new Regional focussed Hubs and  more local engagement centres which "may or indeed May NOT effect the level of actual Community involvement "locally"...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sotty about typos  need more coffee (or is it ess ;-)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Q: There have been various regional Strategy WGs (Latin America/Caribbean, Africa, Middle East) working on regional Strategies which include various outreach and engagement plans (with possible benefits to the At-Large community). How will the budgeting of such plans be handled?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Good Q  Dev...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:If the Regional Strategy plans actually better engage Comunity  (or meet their needs)   this would also amealorate many of the types of requests  our Community has traditionally made....
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Well in some Reagons  that communication with VP's has previously been a challenge  I trust this is not to be the future case...
  Wolf Ludwig:From my perception - yes - it is *small*! And I am always asking myself by the time whether it makes sense to submit such requests as sort of routine.
  Darlene Thompson:I'm VERY sorry but I am now late to another meeting and must leave.  THANK  YOU so much to Rob and Janice for their time and their excellent explanations.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Correct  OCL
  allan skuce:Sorry my wifi ust kicked in.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry  spel name wrong  my bad
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Rob and Janice!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes we are in a clear effort of continuous improvement  which IS appreciated
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks, Rob and Janice, everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks  ALL...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye for now...
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye all
  allan skuce:Thks. I'll try to catch up.  bye
  Heidi Ullrich:Bye, All!
  • No labels