Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the Capacity Building meeting on Thursday 28 March 2013 at 1800 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/5Z5wAg
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everybody
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome everyone
  Oksana Prykhodko:hi, everybody!
  J:I am
  Gisella Gruber-White:J is no doubt Juan Manuel Rojas
  J:Juan Manuel ROjas....
  J:thanks Gisella. ;)
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you Sala
  J:Hello Everybody
  Heidi Ullrich:We are still doing dialoutss, Sala
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff will inform you when we have everyone that we expect
  Yaovi Atohoun:Sorry  my Internet link is not stable today
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala, I've added the proposed agenda for the Beijing meeting
  Heidi Ullrich:as the agenda has been developed weeks agao
  J:I wont need call.. I will try to follow by AC
  J:thanks
  Fatima Cambronero:Why do not we have interpretation to Spanish anymore in this WG?
  J:We had Spanish interpretation before.. What happened?  Dear @staff
  J:I have no comments either
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi Fatima and Juan, we require a minimum of three requests for interpretation.
  Fatima Cambronero:HI @Heidi, thanks, I understand now
  J:@Sala, Why do we need to know how many ALS are? It is not clear for me.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:now connected to the AC room
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello everyone, sorry for joining late
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your line if you are not speaking
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Correct, Tracy and Olga in the GAC
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:correct, tijani - it was meant for outreach
  Fatima Cambronero:The LAC Strategy is including objectives related to the outreach and capacity building as well
  Heidi Ullrich:There is a recording and there will be a transcript within 48 hours
  Julia Charvolen:The meeting is being recorded
  Adela Danciu:no comment here
  Oksana Prykhodko:@Tijani +1 and also Diplo, EuroSSIG (and ather SSIG) and ICANN fellows
  Siranush Vardanyan:+1 Tijani.
  Fatima Cambronero:yes, +1 Tijani
  J:What we are focusing here? What CB are we looking for?
  Adela Danciu:+1
  Adela Danciu:@Tijani
  Siranush Vardanyan:Sala, I am late and see the list here again does not include the new ALSs, meaning after 169, there are now about 9 or 10 ALSs more. I have updated the list from my side related to the new ALS for Armenia at least. Are u going to include them in the list. I think we need the updated one.  
  Fatima Cambronero:At Large has several material focus on outreach
  Oksana Prykhodko:consultation with ALSes, which represent "interested or affected" local Internet community. It means that each such ALS has to receive direct e-mail from ICANN At-Large Staff with information, that IANA received any request for redelegation. In case, if ANY of such ALSes will object to such redelegation, this objection has to be considered on the level of corresponding RALO and the result of this consideration has to be reported to ALAC. In case if ALAC will find such objections reasonable, the decision of ALAC has to be submitted to the Board.
  Heidi Ullrich:There is an exiting new online education platform that ICANN is gong to develop
  Heidi Ullrich:Tijani will be discussing this new online education platform shortly
  Heidi Ullrich:and the role of this WG in helping developing the content of the modules for this platform
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Regarding usability of the wiki, there is call for questions ALS have when using the wiki :http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/lac-discuss-en/2013/007743.html
  Adela Danciu:my line dropped
  Heidi Ullrich:Dialing you back, Adela
  Adela Danciu:thank you Heidi!
  Heidi Ullrich:Adela, Adigo is getting no answer
  Adela Danciu:I'm in
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome back!
  Julia Charvolen:Olivier Crepin Leblond joined the meeting
  Heidi Ullrich:A great LACRALO initiative! :)
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Heidi!
  Heidi Ullrich:LACRALO capacity building wiki page:https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/LACRALO+CAPACITY+BUILDING+ACTIVITIES
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I got dropped out of the call
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Please dial out to me again
  Julia Charvolen:We will dial out to you now
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Julia
  Oksana Prykhodko:we need to develop on-line educational platforms in different languages for different political cultures
  J:Agree Oksana
  Fatima Cambronero:yes, agree @Oksana
  Adela Danciu:interactivity of the e-learning platfrom is very important
  J:But also depends of e-learning platform.
  Adela Danciu:when is the meeting with Matthew scheduled? within the scheduled WG meeting?
  J:yes Dev
  Heidi Ullrich:Matthew Shears will be presenting the online platform to the capacity building WG in Beijing
  Heidi Ullrich:He very much looks forward to getting the input from this WG on the needs of At-Large
  Siranush Vardanyan:I think we on't need to create a new bycicle, Diplo has excellent e-learning platform, which is very interactive and user friendly, which can be used for capacity building purposes
  Heidi Ullrich:Yes, Adela
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I agree Siranush
  Heidi Ullrich:the agenda for Beijing is:
  Heidi Ullrich:Proposed agenda1.  At-Large Capacity Building WG Activities Update (Moderator: Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro) (10 mins) 2.  ICANN Online Education Platform and the role of the At-Large Capacity Building WG - Discussion with Matthew Shears (40 mins)3. Next Steps (Moderator: Capacity Building Steering Committee) (10 mins)
  Heidi Ullrich:So a good discussion with Matthew
  Heidi Ullrich:Matthew knows many of the At-Large community and others within the internet eco-system
  Adela Danciu:Thanks Syranush and Sala! :)
  Heidi Ullrich:but it will be up to At-Large to let him know the content of these modules
  Heidi Ullrich:The content is entirely up to the Community
  Heidi Ullrich:J, *7 to unmute
  Siranush Vardanyan:yes, we can here
  Fatima Cambronero:I also know the Diplo plattform, I was tutor of Diplo for the ISOC NGL last year, and it is friendly and it is already developed..
  J:It seems doesnt work
  J:I am on AC
  Heidi Ullrich:Juan is on AC only
  Adela Danciu:We need to keep in mind social media for crowdsourcing and add it in the curricula: how to effectively use it
  Heidi Ullrich:Great, Fatima! That will be great input for Matthew
  Siranush Vardanyan:I do not have dial out, so can type here only, and I have mentioend
  J:We can add How to use Social Media to improve ICANN impact from everyone of ALS and ICANN.
  Siranush Vardanyan:about the existing platform, nothing to add at this moment
  J:like a subject.
  Heidi Ullrich:Also, in terms of online collaboration, ICANN has a new Vice-President for  Online Community Services - Chris Gift
  Adela Danciu:@Juan - exactely, tools are developing constantly and many (me included :)) don't know how to use it to the full potential
  Heidi Ullrich:Chris will be in Beijing and will be speaking with the At-Large community on Sunday, 7 April and will be participating in the Technology Taskforce Meeting in Beijing
  J:@Adela, I have been working on that.. Maybe we could develop something
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@agree also Oksana, but ultimately one of the capacity building objectives is to have persons that can understand a topic (e.g WHOIS, gTLD, etc) able to participate in the ICANN Policy process related to these topics - to understand the policies and offer suggestions/recommendations in the interest of individual internet users
  Adela Danciu:@J - would be happy to! talk in beijing!
  Oksana Prykhodko:for successful online social media campaign it's necessary not only to translate ready materials in different languages, but link them to priorities of local community
  Heidi Ullrich:@Adela and Juan - Chris Gift will be happy to discuss this with you. He is very much aware of the technological needs for developing countries.
  Adela Danciu:+1
  Adela Danciu:@oksana
  Heidi Ullrich:Senior policy director for ISOC - Matthew
  Oksana Prykhodko:absolutely, Dev!
  J:@Adela and @Heidi, I wont go to Beijing! But I will interested on it.
  Oksana Prykhodko:Adela, let's talk in Beijing!
  Fatima Cambronero:I join @Adela :)
  Heidi Ullrich:There will be remote participation for all At-Large meetings. We could also ask Chris to join this WG during a call post-Beijing.
  Heidi Ullrich:A room can be found once we are in Beijing.
  Adela Danciu:looking fw to it ladies!
  Oksana Prykhodko:i will
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I will be there
  Fatima Cambronero:I will be there
  Heidi Ullrich:Most will
  Siranush Vardanyan:me too
  Adela Danciu:me too
  Heidi Ullrich:OCL, Tijani, Adela, Dev, Darlene, Siranush, Fatima, Oksana,
  Siranush Vardanyan:YES
  Siranush Vardanyan:I guess Sala is not in adobe space :)
  Oksana Prykhodko:sorry, have to leave(
  Heidi Ullrich:@Sala, we can send a doodle for the best time for an informal meeting
  J:I will be remote
  Adela Danciu:we'll miss you Juan :)
  J:I know. I will be too missing you. ;)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I agree OCL
  Adela Danciu:+1 @OCL
  Siranush Vardanyan:+1 OCL
  Darlene Thompson:Great call - thank you all
  Heidi Ullrich:Carlos will be in Beijing, so will be able to get to know you!
  Heidi Ullrich:ATLAS 2 organizaing comittee is also preparing a survey to the ALSEs
  Heidi Ullrich:so this WG could work with them on adding questions regarding capacity building needs
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you Sala!
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you Sala
  J:Yes, Heidi, but ATLAS Survey is different
  Adela Danciu:thank you all!
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks for excellent moderation and interesting call. Bye all
  J:Bye to all
  Fatima Cambronero:bye, thanks to all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye all
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Goodbye everyone
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Happy Easter to everyone! Have an excellent weekend.
  Siranush Vardanyan:Happy Easter
  • No labels