You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Next »

• Aug 07, 2012  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro: You are right Darlene, and thanks for picking that up. I have made the suggested amendments to the Text. In my hurry to do as Yaovi suggested, I had forgotten to make those changes. What you see now as  paragraph 1 was initially paragraph 3.

• Aug 09, 2012 Eduardo Diaz: Sala: I do not know where to add the definition assigned to me since the table is part of a comment and not part of the wiki. In any case here is a first draft definition for RESOLUTION: "A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as ALAC" - ed 

• Aug 09, 2012 Eduardo Diaz: Sala: I saw that you added my comment in the table. Thank you. However, the best way to do this is to put the table outside the comment area so people can add their assigned definitions directly into the table. -ed

• Aug 09, 2012 Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro: Unfortunately, I still do not know how to put the table outside the comment area so that people can input directly. Hence, my telling them to send it to us and we'll input for them. 

• Aug 13, 2012 Anonymous:  My comments for "rough cosensus" are as follows: "Rough consensus" does not require that all participants agree although this is, of course, preferred. In general, the dominant view of the group shall prevail. (However, it must be noted that "dominance" is not to be determined on the basis of volume or persistence, but rather a more general sense of agreement.) Consensus can be determined by electronic mail, online balloting, written balloting, or any other means deemed convenient and accurate by the group. Note that 51% of the group does not qualify as "rough consensus" and 99% is better than rough. It is up to the Chair of the ALAC to determine if rough consensus has been reached. (This definition of "rough consensus" is substantially similar to that found in paragraph 3.3 of RFC 2418).

• Aug 13, 2012 Anonymous: Oh, and this comment ws made4 by Darlene Thompson

• Aug 25, 2012 Alejandro Pisanty: How close can we get to an IETF "hum" in defining rough consensus? How does it work online and offline? When is the timestamp applied to a "rough consensus" decision? Face-to-face meeting or electronic - email, forum, etc.?

• No labels