Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the New gTLD WG call on Monday 27 August 2012 at 1300 UTC

Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/nhUQAg

Rudi Vansnick:hi everybody

Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello, everyone

Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone

Hong Xue:hi, good evening.

Silvia Vivanco:Heidi will not be able to join the call today. I will be taking the minutes

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, I'm here, but Silvia will be taking notes.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ICANN update : http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-20aug12-en

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:gTLD RG decisons regarding comments received by "book" application by Amazon EU : http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/newgtldrg/2012-August/000114.html

Heidi Ullrich:It is on the agenda of tomorrow's call.

Yaovi Atohoun:OK

Nathalie  Peregrine:Andrew Mack has joined the call

Rudi Vansnick:i'm not requesting full power for this issue, but we should certainly make our statement to protect the rights of the registrant being the individual internet user

Rudi Vansnick:i'm volunteering to continue on the message i launched directly after the brussels meeting and ask for support for this issue

Hong Xue:Rudi, you could take the lead on TMCH ussue if you kindly wish.. I'm happy to play a suppoting role.

Rudi Vansnick:Hong, i'll prepare a message that I will send you later today, maybe early tomorrow morning ..

Hong Xue:Thanks!

Alan Greenberg:Draft statement on URS: The ALAC is very concerned with the absolute lack of action related to the URS. The URS has been described as one of the mechanism the will provide TM owners with adequate preotection within the context of the new gTLDs. ICANN has stated that potential URS providers have stated that the current version of the URS is not implementable and ICANN has budgeted to address this issue, but to date no action is apparent. The ALAC advises the Board to take immediate action to ensure that ICANN is seen as moving forward with the URS.

Rudi Vansnick:how ICANN describes / defines "public interest" ?

Heidi Ullrich:Alan, would you like staff to add that draft text to a wiki workspace and put out a call for comments?

avri:Barns and Noble had had book.com for a while

avri:... have had ...

Alan Greenberg:Heidi, I think that it is within this group until this group decides to punt to the ALAC.  But I have no problem if this group says ok and passes it on now.

Andrew Mack:agree with Alan's point

Hong Xue:Alan, thanks for the draft on URS. But ICANN has been working with WIPO on this. It was WIPO that argued that the current fee schedule is not feasible.

Alan Greenberg:Hong, is that public knowledge? I have not seen any formal announcements.

Hong Xue:Not sure, but it was briefed at WIPO meeting.

Hong Xue:URS is like UDRP, generally should be implemented by the current 4 UDRP providers. But WIPO takes more than 85% of case load so its opition is most important.

Heidi Ullrich:Avri, sorry, but I think I misunderstood your question to staff re meeting scheduling.

Heidi Ullrich:was the question regarding Toronto Meetings?

Alan Greenberg:Hong, no disagreement. My concern is that ICANN is still listing the URS as one of the reasons we can survive in the new gTLD world, yet it is currently deemed to be not implementable and ICANN has budgeted money for community discussion. But no action.

Hong Xue:Yeah, that is a good point. Agree!

Rudi Vansnick:the 17th is next meeting

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all, bye

Nathalie  Peregrine:Thank you all!

avri:Bye and thanks

• No labels