Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the joint ROP Working Group and Metrics Sub Committee call on Monday 9 July 2012 at 2100 UTC
  Silvia Vivanco:I hear you well g
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Can't hear anything
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hello
  Sandra Hoferichter:Hi, I can her!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I can hear now
  Sandra Hoferichter:sorry: hear
  Yaovi Atohoun:Hello
  Rudi Vansnick:hello every one
  sergio salinas porto:hi all!!!!
  Yaovi Atohoun:hello Sergio
  sergio salinas porto:hi yaovi!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi guys great to see you all and it is great that we are rotating times
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Cheryl is on her way to New Zealand for the Net Hui, that is NZ equivalent of the IGF
  Jacqueline A. Morris:So thaat's what messed up my schedule - I assumed it was still 3 pm my time...I'm supposed to be in dance rehearsal for a recital on the 21st, but had to cancel to make this...
  sergio salinas porto:Yes @Sala is cool!!!!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes Gisella, I can hear you
  Yaovi Atohoun:I can hear
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Good to see the Drafting Team for Definitions and section 1 here - Yaovi, Sergio and Sylvia
  sergio salinas porto:thanks for the effort Jacqueline!!!!!!
  Yaovi Atohoun:A train?????
  Gisella Gruber-White:Apologies - that is Cheryl at an airport
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:wow I've had to turn the sound way down because this has ripped my ears apart
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes Jacqueline good to see you here, yes it is the result of all frequencies being scrambled
  Rudi Vansnick:i've just made an appointment with my doctor ... to check if i'm not deaf ;-)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This certainly beats getting up at 2am
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the loud noise!
  Heidi Ullrich:Great, good audio Cheryl!
  Fatima Cambronero:hi everybody
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Flawless pronounciation Gisella :)
  sergio salinas porto:hello dev!ª
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:Yaovi is on the call
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please remember to mute your computers if you are both on the Adobe Connect and the audio bridge
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok
  Heidi Ullrich:Workteam Workspaces: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=34604374
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:sound not clear on my side
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Cheryl, my name was missing from the list of drafters on the Wiki
  Heidi Ullrich:Yaovi, we are looking into your audio issue
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Gisella can you dial me on +6799982851 so I can give my update
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sala - yes sure
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Alan - we have the notes
  sergio salinas porto:yes
  Gisella Gruber-White:these will be transcribed shortly
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Prague was a loooooong tunnel
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi Gisella, is someone dialing out to me?
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff will be posting the notes from Prague shortly.
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the delay.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sala
  Gisella Gruber-White:yes
  Heidi Ullrich:Matt had the flipchart papers with him on his post-Prague travels!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:where is this whistling coming from?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I am on the call and can update everyone after Alan
  Heidi Ullrich:We are looking for the source
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ ALL - please mute your speakers if you are not speaking
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Roberts Rules is pretty universal
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Rules+of+Procedure+Working+Group+-+RULE+1+-+DELEGATES+Workspace?focusedCommentId=34607769&#comment-34607769
  Heidi Ullrich:Roberts Rules: http://www.robertsrules.org/
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Well, since Alan referred to Latin America, I cannot speak for that, but seaking for myself, from the Caribbean, I'd prefer clear, simple and principle-based, as opposed to detailed rules covering all possible imaginaings of what could  happen.
  Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE say your names for the interpreters
  Jacqueline A. Morris:I agree w/ Alan here.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Yes Cheryl's call for aircraft overpowered Sala's report
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry unavoidable
  Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl, we're muting your line when others are speaking
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ok need to be quick on unmute
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:now
  Heidi Ullrich:yep, Adigo should be unputing you as soon as others stop
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yesbalan
  sergio salinas porto:Thanks @Sala
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:The Working Group 1 was tasked with definitions and ALAC
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Dev was in the group with Fatimata
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:as well as Rinalia
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Dev can give the update
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Alan there is no confusion as far as we were concerned; we were assigned this task prior to Prague during one of the calls and was confirmed at Prague
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Dev
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Cheryl, I propose that our Working Groups be given 14 working days to develop "Drafts"; "illustrations" and "options" for discussion with the broader group
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Working Group 1 - Yaovi, Fatima, Sylvia, Sergio and Sala T
  Darlene Thompson:Agree with Cheryl
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:For Meetings rules drafting you have many lawyers to help - Cintra, Natie, Fatima, Holly, Sala who can input their expertise in meeting procedures
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:things like speaking rights, veto powers etc
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:how meetings are to be convened etc
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:RALO consultation is critical in this regard
  Fatima Cambronero:yes, agree Sala
  Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl, is that an AI to suggest to the RALO officers to add this item re the UN rules to the next RALO agendas?
  sergio salinas porto:no agree
  Fatima Cambronero:no, agree
  sergio salinas porto:jfatima ja wrote both the same!
  Fatima Cambronero:yes :)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Suggested Action Point - An Information Paper to be sent to the RALOs seeking input and consultation
  Jacqueline A. Morris:I agree - we should spend time working oon these rules, not the UNGA, givn tht we agree to dump the UNGA language
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I agree with JAM
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:I am loosing the audio sometimes
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Yaovi, there is discussion going on about whether the UN rules are to be dumped and open to suggestions etc
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:Thanks. The signal came back and was able to hear the question and answer from Fatima/Cheryl
  Jacqueline A. Morris:In order to do that in a timely manner, we should ask RALOs specific questions in the document  Sala suggested
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes agreed
  Sandra Hoferichter:+1 Alan
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:That way we also cover our bases and no one say that there is no consultation
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Also things like vetos
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Checks and balances and corporate governance
  Jacqueline A. Morris:yep. If we put out all the rules as is, we'd need  loads of transations, discussions about what somethng means in English vs French, etc. We should get input on the principles.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I think that we need to look at all potential scenarios within At Large that are already happening and see if there are provisions that address them and also forecast situations etc
  Gisella Gruber-White:Andrew Molivurae joined the AC room
  Alan Greenberg:Sala, to the best of my knlwledge, we have never had nor had to have an rules on vetos. At the moment, no one  has a veto since we work by general consensus or barring that, majority vote.
  sergio salinas porto:@CARLTON did not understand what the 2%
  Jacqueline A. Morris:I agree w/ Carlton...  but some things might need more.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:For example the power to veto a decision by the ALAC
  Alan Greenberg:@Sala, veto by who??
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Sergio - the exceptions that currently go to the UN GA rules are fewer than 2% of the things that happen at ALAC
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:like the president of the US - the power to veto is a check and balance mechanism
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:by the people
  Sandra Hoferichter:I agree we can not cover any possible situation by making rules, but we should have a procedure how to facilitate such a unforseen situation.
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Sala, the veto is the Board! LOL!
  sergio salinas porto:OK agree tks jacqueline
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes the rules can even be annexed in a schedule
  Alan Greenberg:Anyone can disagree with us and the ICANN Board can choose to ignore nay advice. Not sure we need more thanthat.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ JAM, lol
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yippee! Lovely bedtime reading
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:The rules should be very simply drafted and organised and the detailed things like meetings, etc can be annexed
  Jacqueline A. Morris:I like Robert's Rules as our backstop
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:hand up
  Gisella Gruber-White:Happy Birthday Olivier! :-)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:also decisions can be categorised into policy, At Large Administration, logistics etc
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:but too early to speak yet until the groups have robustly discussed
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Happy Birthday Olivier!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro::)
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:@Gisella, Where is the GATEAU ?
  sergio salinas porto:Happy Birthday Olivier!!!!
  Gisella Gruber-White:We will just have to sing to Olivier instead ;-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond::-) thanks
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:Happy birthday Olivier!!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Happy Birthday, Olivier!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:We will keep an open mind
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes I would like to say that it is important to keep an open mind when reviewing the rules....and if there are instances where RRules needs adjustment
  Sandra Hoferichter:Great start of a birthday, right? My best wishes to you Olivier!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I don't think that we should confirm anyting now...
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Olivier did you get the virtual cake
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks for all your good wishes
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:We would like to continue with Definitions and ALAC
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Gracias!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Fair comment
  Heidi Ullrich:I think this is a ES version of Robert's Rules: http://www.constitution.org/rror/translations.htm
  Gisella Gruber-White:Roosevelt disconnected - we are calling him again
  sergio salinas porto:Tks heidi!!!!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Alan it is precisely because we are a diverse group is that we don't put it to consensus but get feedback from the Consultations with the RALOs
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:otherwise we are in danger of being accused of being dictatorial
  Fatima Cambronero:agree with Sala
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:our job as drafters is not to tell At Large what to do but rather let At Large tell us what to do
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Yep, but we have to kind of agree on principles that we can putin the document for RALO disucssion...
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Principles should be framed more neutrally
  Jacqueline A. Morris:if we don't put in some basic stuff, then the discussions will be all over the place
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:(1) Consultations are needed from the RALO with respect to how meetings are to be convened. What are some suggestions for Rule Improvements. What are the RALO views on UN rules and are there alternatives that they would like to suggest
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:hand up
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:The information paper can be a page 1
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:http://www.americancenterfrance.org/front/36-10-1-Politique
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes, we set the rules but it has to have regional input which means time must be given to consult our RALOs
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:This is the link (in French) raising cultural questions about Robert's Rules
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:but not make a decision straight away
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks for link Olivier
  Jacqueline A. Morris:One important point - some of our rules are really repeating the ICANN bylaws, like  rule 1.1, and maybe we should simply refer to those bylaws instead
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I thought it would be important to consider for all fairness
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:correct Alan
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree Alan
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The article in French raises questions based on cultural differences. I think that in our case, it is good to understand those differences which may extend the time needed by non anglo-saxons to understand them. But I also believe that we need unified back-drop rules and that Robert's Rules are the right way to go.
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Alan - +1
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I would suggest an Information Paper be sent to the RALOs after it is agreed upon. Then Draft Working Groups can be tasked to draft within 14 working days and publish on the Confluence Workspace for cross pollination from other groups and broader At Large community; another 14 days to revise and then publish to AT LARGE to give feedback on Second Draft
  Jacqueline A. Morris:LOL - Carlton, true dat!
  sergio salinas porto:`@Carlton was not my intention
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:lol
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Cheryl for precisely the reason that the ALAC is consituted by the RALO reps and NomCom, it is important that RALOs are consulted.
  Alan Greenberg:@Sala, not in specific regard to this issue, if their own ALAC members do not  consult with them, that is a regional problem.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This also points to diverse perceptions of the governance model is it governed top down or region up or both
  Fatima Cambronero:hand up
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:or cross engagement (this is what we meant when we were presenting the illustrations)
  Yaovi Atohoun 2:Drafting teams at https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Rules+of+Procedure+Drafting+Team+Workspaces  ?
  sergio salinas porto:yes
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Sala, I think that the WG MUST come up with a first draft BEFORE RALO input on text. I think we can  get input on principles before, but no way can we reasonably expect to open this up to the entire At Large and get this working.
  sergio salinas porto:each list defines its rapporteur
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Yep Fatima. Exactly!!!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:It is interesting that my name is not in the Drafting team list
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I am not complaining
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Did I get put off the draafting team? I was in group 1
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I was put off the drafting team too
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Alan what is not important to you may be important to someone else
  Jacqueline A. Morris:I'm still on the sub page, but taken off the team on the main pag.e. I could live with that  - it's summer! I can go to the beach instead of drafting!!!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:it's all about power and control
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Rules of Procedures =good governance =structure, checks and balance
  Jacqueline A. Morris:LOL!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:;)
  Alan Greenberg:@sala, I am delighted if someone else wants to make a suggestion regarding which rules we use...
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Alan, that's excellent
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Working in cultural diverse groups require IQ+EQ+CQ
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:breathing space sounds fantastic
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ok, Cheryl
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I am enroute to NZ on Thursday
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:and leaving for Cooks on Mon but will be online
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Cheryl
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks for chairing, Cheryl! Thanks for everyone's participation!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Staff
  Darlene Thompson:Thank you Cheryl - ntcu all!
  Sandra Hoferichter:Bye bye
  sergio salinas porto:bye to all
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks to all
  Fatima Cambronero:bye
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks Alan and all
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thank everyone, bye all
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Thanks all. Adios!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:happy dancing Jacqueline
  Jacqueline A. Morris:Too late now. Rehearsal ends in 20 mins, and it is 10 mins away
  Jacqueline A. Morris::(
  Jacqueline A. Morris:but I will go for the rest of the week
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:good
  Jacqueline A. Morris:byeeee
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:byeee

• No labels