You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Current »

At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) Form

1) Please enter your Name:

Dr. Andrey Shcherbovich

2) Picture/Image:
(Instructions: Click in the field to the right to open up the text input window. Then click the <Insert> menu button, select <Image>, then choose (or browse) to locate an image file (e.g., JPG, PNG, BMP) from your local computer to upload. After insertion, please click on the picture and adjust the size to no larger than 200 pixels). 

3) Are you participating in the At-Large advisory process (including email and real-time discussions) as a representative of:

a) ALAC (if so, detail the region and term):

b) A Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) (if so, please detail the region, position and term):

c) An ICANN-accredited At-Large Structure (if so, which one):

d) Any ICANN Committee, Constituency or Stakeholder Group (if so, which one(s))?

e) Any other company or organization, whether commercial or nonprofit (if so, please detail the organization and your position):

4) Please identify your current employer(s):

McGill University

5) Please identify your current position(s):

IIE-SRF Research Fellow in Residence

6) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:

Legal research on issues related to Internet Governance in Russia and in comparative perspective

7) Please identify your declared country of primary residence:

Canada

8) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:

9) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:

a) Do you, your employer, and/or sponsor have any type of material or financial interest in the At-Large advisory process and its outcomes?

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the interest:

b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):

10) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):

11) Additional information (optional):

Graduated from the National Research University Higher School of Economics, Faculty of Law (Department of International Law) at 2008.

Completed Postgraduate studies at the National Research University – Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia); Faculty of Law (Department of Constitutional and Municipal Law) at 2011.

2008 - 2010: affiliated as a project coordinator in the Non-Governmental Organization ‘Inter-regional Library Cooperation Centre’, working body of the UNESCO Information For All Programme.

2011 - Present: Lecturer, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Faculty of Law (Department of Constitutional and Municipal Law).

In 2019 I have been CyberBRICS research fellow and visiting professor at FGV, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Professional Interests: Internet Governance; Human Rights; International Public Law and Procedure; Constitutional Law; Information Law; International Organizations; United Nations; UNESCO.

In period of 2011 – 2020 I have been a lecturer, then associate professor at the Department of the Constitutional and Administrative Law, Law Faculty of the National Research University Higher School of Economics in Moscow. In September 2013, I completed my Candidate of Legal Sciences (PhD) degree with dissertation entitled “Constitutional Guarantees of the freedom of speech and right to access the information on the Internet”. My professional interests are related to the Russian public law (constitutional and human rights law) with special regard to international principles of the Internet Governance. Among others, I teach a special Master’s degree course on human rights of Internet users. Also, at the university I performed the following courses for graduate and undergraduate students, both in English and in Russian languages.

Since 2010, I am consistently participating at the UN Internet Governance Forum, firstly as individual researcher, then as a part of the delegation of the University. Since 2012, I have been a member of the Interfaculty Working Group on Internet Governance.

The result of this work was an international scientific project in the field of political, legal and technological aspects of Internet governance, as well as expert cooperation between the Higher School of Economics and the Forum on Internet Governance.

The Internet Governance Forum (Forum website: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/) holds annual international conferences around the world. The conferences aim at creating and improving Internet governance mechanisms that take into account internationally accepted norms and principles on human rights. The conferences are open to the participation of all stakeholders involved in the global Internet governance process.

Also, I perform translations of international sources in that field from English into Russian, like the commented version of the Charter of the Rights and Principles for the Internet.

Being an author of scholarly monographs and articles on internet governance and human rights on the Internet, I plan to research the current trends of the Internet regulation in Russia. Legislative activities together with restrictive law enforcement measures and unclear case law of the Russian courts, faced criticism of international experts from the point of view of realization of human rights of the Internet users in Russia. 

12) Page last revised:

===========================

At-Large SOI Template v3 (Feb 2014)

• No labels