Page: At-Large New SOIs Workspace
Labels
Global Labels (2)
Time Editor  
Apr 25, 2022 19:56 Denise Hochbaum View Changes
Apr 24, 2022 15:09 Denise Hochbaum View Changes
Apr 24, 2022 15:08 Denise Hochbaum View Changes
Apr 24, 2022 15:04 Denise Hochbaum View Changes
I have a genuine interest in working with ALAC/AT-LARGE in this position. I am an individual member of North America Regional Organization since 2018 and from there, I have followed NARALO monthly meetings and participated in different tasks, such as the approach of UASG to the NARALO community. I also joined, during this time, various workgroups or sub-workgroups for specific initiatives. Recently, I attended the Consolidated Policy WG and Operation and Budget WG, which have been basic to better understand ICANN's organization process. I have collaborated as co-chair at North American Social Media with Eduardo Diaz, developing the campaign for the engagement of participants to ICANN 72 and ICANN 73. This work generates a lot of enthusiasm! My connection with ICANN started in 2016 at ICANN 55. Since then, I have become gradually familiar with this complex organization. Traveling by my own funds  in order to understand Internet issues, I followed seminars, attending NASIG 3 times:  San Juan, Montreal and virtual training in 2020/21 organized by Glenn McNight and Alfredo Calderon. In addition, I attended the Universe Acceptance Training Series organized by Daniel Fink in both the Latin American and North American versions. Since the internet is the heart of our communicative/intelligent life, no matter if we are inside internet organizations or not, I believe that everybody must be attentive to the ways that regulate the information across the world. It is an honor to serve ALAC, indeed, I feel enthusiasm in dedicating my time toward this commitment.
Apr 24, 2022 14:21 Denise Hochbaum