Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

The next call is scheduled on: 25 September 2014

25 September 2014Adobe Chat

Cloak
dashedbluedefrance1
  •   Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the Website Revamp Project on Thursday 25 of September at 18:30 UTC
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello Gisella, Kathy, hearing me?
      Kathy Schnitt:Dev I am not hearing you
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hmm, ok....
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Good, except for lack of mic. Hearing you good
      Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
      Ariel Liang:This is the document
      Ariel Liang:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdaImAVa_6wxuVfgLc/edit#
      Ariel Liang:Sorry pls try this link:
      Ariel Liang:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdaImAVa_6wxuVfgLc/edit?usp=sharing
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):yes
      Silvia Vivanco:I will write some questions as you speak
      Silvia Vivanco:not to interrupt so you can respond
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):I agree with Heidi
      Silvia Vivanco:- Can community members send articles and have we envisioned an interactive section?
      Ariel Liang:Please keep in mind that this is a working progress, so the structure you see right now is not final
      Silvia Vivanco:or if a community member would like to put his own blog could we link it?
      Silvia Vivanco:to this site?
      Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I agree with Heidi -- the events are actually the calendar of At-Large meetings and conference calls, isn't it? that's like 3 or 4 calls per day. That would be overwhelming if it was in a news feed. Real "news" would be lost amongst the fully of activity
      Heidi Ullrich:If we spell out At-Large Strcutures, we need to spell out RALOs...
      Heidi Ullrich:should Workign Groups be immed after ALAC?
      Olivier Crepin-Leblond:How much of this site is Static; how much is dynamic?
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I would say the Explore section is mostly static - the Discover section is more dynamic
      Heidi Ullrich:to me Explore and Discover are very similar. What about "Become Involved" or "How to get involved?"...
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The wording of Explore and Discover may need to change. Agree with Heidi
      Silvia Vivanco:@ Heidi correct, I think Explore and Discover can be confusing
      Silvia Vivanco:agree with How to get involved
      Heidi Ullrich:Sorry to focus on the wording, but "make a difference" normally is where you can donate funds...
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):I think ATLAS should be added under ALAC, as it presents and opportunity of the community's voice as a whole
      Heidi Ullrich:Agree with Anthony that there needs to be some area for the ATLAS and other big At-Large events
      Silvia Vivanco:Just call it Newcomers area instead of Make a Difference
      Silvia Vivanco:so that its consistent with ICANN 's terminology
      Silvia Vivanco:will this site be connected to ICANN's site? or linked to some of the tutorials and diagrams shown in that site
      Silvia Vivanco:We could connect with the  ICANNN main site which has lots of diagrams and infographics
      Silvia Vivanco:good point Ariel
      Silvia Vivanco:we can link it to the WIKIs
      Silvia Vivanco:the WIKis are interactive
      Silvia Vivanco:yes! excellent
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):draw on fund development techniques: think, feel and do to engage the audience
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):thanks Steve
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):+1 Heidi
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'm thinking "WHO We Are" or equivalent should replace "Explore"
      Silvia Vivanco:Some RALOs (APRALO) for example will engage with other ICANN groups for example APRALO-APAC HUB strategy
      Silvia Vivanco:I would like to show that strategy
      Silvia Vivanco:Agree with  the map and compliance has a wonderful map
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):that's were sponsorship requests will come in handy
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:classifying the work under the taxonomy as discussed before
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:?
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:To me Organizational Structure isn't "WHAT We Do"
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:also, the org structure is presented top down and not bottom up
      Silvia Vivanco:your approach Olivier means someone needs to constantly update the RALO section
      Silvia Vivanco:@ Dev what do you mean? how to make it bottom up?
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:start with At-Large, first is ALSes
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:then RALOS
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:then ALAC
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:not from the "top" - ALAC, RALO, ALSes
      Silvia Vivanco:ok so inverse the hierarchy
      Silvia Vivanco:ok got it
      Silvia Vivanco:very good approach Ariel
      Silvia Vivanco:I like this approach you are describing
      Silvia Vivanco:@ Ariel and Steve I will be happy to look at the contents of the RALO pages
      Silvia Vivanco:when you are ready
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):@Olivier that not always accessible
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):any pop outs cause confusion with screen readers
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):I like the idea
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yep +1
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:unfortunately, not all RALOs allow individuals to be recognised
      Silvia Vivanco:not yet Dev
      Silvia Vivanco:but the trend is that they will allow
      Silvia Vivanco:individuals
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I can think of one RALO that will resist
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Get Involved!
      Silvia Vivanco:Structure is good
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):the structure is a good step forward
      Ariel Liang:yes structure first
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Under WHO We Are - probably need to use a short explaination about ICANN and then point to the main ICANN website
      Gisella Gruber:Please note that Olivier is travelling next week, Wednesday onwards and I am not sure about his availablity and connectivity
      Gisella Gruber:And we have a heavy call schedule so if you need a call, please let me know ASAP
      Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Monday is exceptionally busy ;-)
      Anthony Niiganii (MBE):Thank you all for being flexible and so accommodating – great meeting and excellent progress.  Ekosi! Kinanaskomitinawa Anthony.
      Silvia Vivanco:very good call
      Ariel Liang:Thank you very much everyone! I will read through the comment in the chat as well.

Adobe Recording

Audio Recording