Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the new gTLD WG call on the 16th April 2012.

Hong Xue:Hi, Tijani.

Cintra Sooknanan:hello everyone

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi Hong

Tijani BEN JEMAA:How are you now?

Hong Xue:Trying to call in.

Hong Xue:It sounds very noisy.

Yaovi Atohoun:Hello everyone

Heidi Ullrich 2:Hello!

Hong Xue:Shall we start on time?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Good morning everyone!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:or good day, I should say

Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

Hong Xue:Yes, please.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Draft+prototype+gTLD+Review+Dashboard

Alan Greenberg:very bad sound

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:wow - echo

Heidi Ullrich 2:The link is in the weblinks pod to the left.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Can all computer speakers be muted for those connected via Adigo, can those connected via the AC room please mute their microphones. Thank you!

Alan Greenberg:Still garble sound

Hong Xue:I can hardly hear Dev.

Alan Greenberg:Or Tijani

Yaovi Atohoun:Please Dev could you also make it a bit slowly?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:there's actuallt an echo and the echo cancellation cancels Dev's voice rather than cancelling the echo

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:also -- I see the application status table and it appears to work. Can you see it?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/x/o7fbAQ

Gisella Gruber-White:Andrew Mack has joined the call

Gisella Gruber-White:Andrew Mack joined

Alan Greenberg:Someone still has computer sound on and live mike.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:can staff please check where the echo comes from? Is this from an Adobe, or from an Adigo line?

Nathalie  Peregrine:It is from an AC connection

Alan Greenberg:MUCH better

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes a bit improvement

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thx

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/.astringbyanyothername+_EP

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/x/QbPbAQ

Heidi Ullrich 2:Correct, Dev. The ALAC will have a review of the dashboard tomorrow.

Yaovi Atohoun:thanks

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Yes Alan, that's what I suggested.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and a note that anything ourside those comment threads will be ignore

Yaovi Atohoun:Please have the operator call me back

Heidi Ullrich 2:ok

Gisella Gruber-White:Yes Yaovi

Yaovi Atohoun:Thank you

Alan Greenberg:It says Tijani's mike is on.

Heidi Ullrich 2:thanks to Dev and Roman for making "the magic happen: :)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks to Roman for his confluence "hacking

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:skills ;-)

Roman Pelikh:not a problem

Cintra Sooknanan:1. whilst a hint is given as to the term length, it is not clear, incase the current set of applications is segmented into severalsub-rounds. I therefore suggest a term length of "First Round, up to themaximum length of one year, renewable".2. Having spent some time thinking about this, it occurred to me thatall appointments have to be ratified by the ALAC -- and not solely theALAC Chair. The RG is the "At-Large new gTLD Review Group". The soleratifying entity for appointment to such an operational function of theALAC is the ALAC itself.3. Quoting Cintra's message:*gTLD RG Composition*The ANgWG had determined that, at least initially, the gTLD RG be composedof:- 2 members to be picked by each of the RALOs- 1 ALAC member volunteer from each Region, as determined by the ALACThe way this is worded makes it sound like the pick of the RALO isfinal. In fact, if this is the wish of this group, the RALOs can maketheir selection and send their recommendation to the ALAC, but it is theALAC that will make the

Yaovi Atohoun:I am also suggesting that the call doc mention the time commitment.  Please need to devote their time if they want to volunteer

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:It might turn some people off to volunteer for many years on this group

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:especially if there is so much work

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and yes Yaovi, there is an upper limit about time commitments to be asked from volunteers

Andrew Mack:Sorry all, need to jump off for a meeting.  All the best, Andrew

Cintra Sooknanan:bye Andrew

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agreed, Alan

Yaovi Atohoun:OK

Yaovi Atohoun:Thanks

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes, two calls per months

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thank you!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks   Bye all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks all!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye

Alan Greenberg:I think the consenss sis: RALOs each nominate/recommnd two names. ALAC either ratifies those or reject. ALAC names 1 additional person per region. No rules regarding affiliation of any of the those named except for being from region.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:+1 Alan