Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Avri Doria:                              I can’t speak for everybody else but I do.

Wiki MarkupDev Anand Teelucksingh:              Okay, well then it’s being recorded.    So okay, well thanks for the comments on the last call which were quite thorough and with that I have already gone back and listened to the audio, and as I was making changes I decided to also redraft certain sections so that it flows better.    So now I hope we have done a proper introduction leading into overview, summary, and then trying to explain each \ [header\], and then moved to the appendix certain things like groundswell objection and who can file an objection to a gTLD application.

So I think it flows better and I think it incorporated all of the questions and changes that were mentioned in the last call.  It was mentioned, for example, that the titles from Figure 6 onwards was referring to three or four weeks to several months after ACP, and what I later decided was that okay, we really should call that the objection period.  So we have two clear periods – the application comment period, or the ACP; and the objection period.  And then I tried to explain that in the introduction, why we are doing it this way.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       Yes.

Wiki MarkupYaovi Atohoun:                      Yes, my question is on Paragraph #5.  It’s not very clear for me with reference to community grounds because it is ongoing as to what \[the term that ALAC has grounding to object in\], etc.  Am I (inaudible) ongoing, I don’t know when this is (inaudible).  It’s not clear to me because in the previous paragraph, it is here that ALAC has grounding to object on matters of public interest, but I’m judging that \[in the community we don’t have a decision yet\].  So it is not clear for me, if you could explain that Paragraph #5.\\Atohoun:                      Yes, my question is on Paragraph #5.  It’s not very clear for me with reference to community grounds because it is ongoing as to what [the term that ALAC has grounding to object in], etc.  Am I (inaudible) ongoing, I don’t know when this is (inaudible).  It’s not clear to me because in the previous paragraph, it is here that ALAC has grounding to object on matters of public interest, but I’m judging that [in the community we don’t have a decision yet].  So it is not clear for me, if you could explain that Paragraph #5.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       Okay, alright.  Shall I try to answer that, or I see Alan’s hand is also up.  I don’t know if he is trying to…

Avri Doria:                              I hear you, yes.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Okay, so it’s only to say that I agree with Alan on this, to put the text and the charts together.  And I think it is possible… I don’t know but I think it’s very possible to put the explanation next to the right chart so that it will be very easy to follow.  A \[cover letter\] can be lower, a cover letters so it gives us the \[flowcharts\], the cover letter and the document together.\\Jemaa:                    Okay, so it’s only to say that I agree with Alan on this, to put the text and the charts together.  And I think it is possible… I don’t know but I think it’s very possible to put the explanation next to the right chart so that it will be very easy to follow.  A [cover letter] can be lower, a cover letters so it gives us the [flowcharts], the cover letter and the document together.

Avri Doria:                              Tijani, I don’t think it’s that easy to get it done today unless I’m wrong and someone can speak up, to actually do what Alan was calling the interweaving and having the Figure 1 explanation, Figure 1 chart.  I do think that they can put the three documents appended to each other, and then after this review, before the final publication to do that full interweaving.  Does that seem okay to you, Tijani?

Okay, any other comments on this objection procedure draft at this time?  Okay.  Moving on: planning for upcoming meeting.  And so in some sense I see the planning for the upcoming meeting agenda as being very similar to our regular agenda.  How long do we have for that meeting, by the way – an hour?

Wiki MarkupHeidi Ullrich:                          Yes, one hour on \[Sunday\].\\Ullrich:                          Yes, one hour on [Sunday].

Avri Doria:                              Yes, I saw the agenda item; I just didn’t remember whether it was 60 or Avri Doria:                              Yes, I saw the agenda item; I just didn’t remember whether it was 60 or not.  So 60 means an effective 70 because unlike with phone calls where I can be rigorous and start on the minute, I know full well that in these meetings one does not actually start anything on the minute.  However, assuming we have an hour, I’m looking at basically the same agenda that we have in the meetings, the main part at this point being given to question and answer on the objection process.

Alan Greenberg:                      It should be speedy, it should be done quickly but I really think we can’t assume that everyone has memorized it going into that meeting.

Wiki MarkupAvri Doria:                              Well, certainly not memorized it but okay, I take your point.  They will have discussed it in RALO and already commented but yes, you’re right -- we could have \[null\] comments which means that no one read it and everyone agreed.  Okay, so there will be a quick walkthrough and an explanation of what has changed during that quick Avri Doria:                              Well, certainly not memorized it but okay, I take your point.  They will have discussed it in RALO and already commented but yes, you’re right – we could have [null] comments which means that no one read it and everyone agreed.  Okay, so there will be a quick walkthrough and an explanation of what has changed during that quick walkthrough.

Okay, anything else we should cover regarding this during that meeting?  Obviously what we understand to be ALAC’s next steps on it, etc.  Okay.  Then a discussion will come up, I guess if we follow the chart of this meeting I see three other major items and people may want to talk.  There’s then basically an update of what’s going on with the Applicant Support Program and there may be a few things to say about it.  I don’t know if it’s possible but I’ll try to find out, for example, whether we can get someone from the New gTLD Application Team to tell us if there have been any applicants for support yet, for example.

Avri Doria:                              Oh, you mean the problem that I posted, that I forwarded to the New gTLD list?  Yeah, well I believe though, I don’t know how much that’s a discussion for this group; or as I said in one of my responses, the JAS Group made a recommendation and essentially the Board accepted it.  Now, I understand that there are some who feel that they were asleep at the switch and therefore are going to make an issue with the Board.

Andrew Mack:                        Now wait a second.

Avri Doria:                              I wasn’t talking about you, Andrew.

Andrew Mack:                        Now wait a second.

Avri Doria:                              I wasn’t talking about you, Andrew.

Andrew Mack:                        Who feels who was asleep at the switch, Avri?  I think [there are] people who disagree about this.  I think we even brought it up on some of the calls.  I mean what- This is an evolving thing. Wiki MarkupAndrew Mack:                        Who feels who was asleep at the switch, Avri?  I think \[there are\] people who disagree about this.  I think we even brought it up on some of the calls.  I mean what\- This is an evolving thing.\\

Avri Doria:                              Andrew, please, please Andrew – as opposed to trying to shout over me if you had stuck your hand up I would have called on you.  What I was saying is in her mail I am almost quoting…  Oh God, her name is slipping my head at the moment.

Avri Doria:                              Well, they also talked about hiring other experts as needed.

Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    “As Jemaa:                    “As needed,” I see.    So I have seen on the mailing list that there is a \ [trend\] of a hybrid SARP, so it seems that it \ [was the real proposal\] of the JAS.\\

Avri Doria:                              You’re right.

Avri Doria:                              Okay, I see it.  I was looking in the wrong chat.  Ay!  I’m not doing so good today.  Okay, thank you.  Yeah, I was on the wrong page.  Okay.  Anything else?  I see a smile.  Anything else on this for now?  No?  Okay.

Wiki MarkupCintra Sooknanan:                   So as soon as I get all the comments for this then I can \[go ahead\].\\Sooknanan:                   So as soon as I get all the comments for this then I can [go ahead].

Avri Doria:                              Okay, great.  And then the last thing is the action items, and basically action items was Dev Anand to revise draft based on changes stated on call – that definitely happened, thank you again.  Then Cintra and Avri to send update on ASP and gTLD issues.  We didn’t send an update.  Cintra and staff created a Wiki page for collecting them and I basically talked about ASP issues, so I guess that sort of took care of those.

Avri Doria:                              Is that a problem because I know that there’s some people that really just attend one or the other?  Okay.  Hearing, right, so yes, that would be the 14:00 which is the earlier since this was the 21:00.  Okay, in which case I thank you all and now we have used up all the time.  So thank you all, and talk to you in two weeks if not sooner on some other mission.  Bye-bye.

Wiki Markup\[End of Transcript\]\\