Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome to the new gTLD WG meeting of 19 December 2011

Heidi Ullrich:The agenda is available at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/New+gTLDs+WG+Teleconference+19-12-2011

Evan Leibovitch:I would recommend Cintra for V-C but she's not on this call

Evan Leibovitch:Thanks for the good words, Tijani

Evan Leibovitch:Cintra is now aware of the appointment and is thankful for the support. She apologizes for her inability to be on the call but is swamped by (amongst other things) a deadline today related to the ALAC geo regions statement

Evan Leibovitch:I like the letter and would be acceptable to its transmission

Evan Leibovitch:The issue is timing.... if it is necessary to send sooner rather than later, then we should send it ASAP as this commitee

Sebastien:I suggest go to the alac if no success send it directly

Sebastien:the letter can wait 24 hours

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Cintra!

Sebastien:I have no go connection

Heidi Ullrich:Would you like a dial out, Sebastien?

Cintra Sooknanan:Thanks Heidi, Apologies for being late, I was working on some comments for the Geo Regions Draft Final Report

Sebastien:no the hotel I am in is not good either

Heidi Ullrich:What would you like us to do, Sebastien?

Sebastien:I can try to speak but nor sur it is good

Heidi Ullrich:ok. Do you wish to speak, Sebastien? I don't see your hand up.

Cintra Sooknanan:Heidi, could you please dial out to me.... being on this call is now of greater priority than those comments

Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Cintra, we're dialling out to you now

Cintra Sooknanan:thanks I am now on the call

Heidi Ullrich:One week of holiday!

Sebastien:Not enought Heidi, but have good holidays

Sebastien 2:drop and back

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Initial+Statement+on+Support+Implementation

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Dev.

Evan Leibovitch:In these days of electronic mail, the post office is happy to see ANYONE.

Heidi Ullrich:See Objection Process wiki page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+gTLD+WG+At-large+Objection+Process11.11|display/atlarge/At-Large+gTLD+WGAt-large+Objection+Process+11.11|\

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I can also do a flowchart on this

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Sure

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:volunteer for the writeup

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Seb. Have just seen your good wishes! Enjoy your holidays, as well!

Fouad Bajwa:Hi all

Fouad Bajwa:Thank you Avri

Cintra Sooknanan:hello Fouad\

Fouad Bajwa:Hi Cintra

Heidi Ullrich:Avri, is this an AI for At-Large staff ?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2011-December/005430.html

Fouad Bajwa:Please do share again the text of this motion

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:is Evan's statement

Evan Leibovitch:WHEREAS end-users and governments have only been invited to participate in the new gTLD program long after its foundation principles were determined;WHEREAS most of the problems identified by the ALAC in its Mexico City Summit declaration related to the new-gTLD program have not been satisfactorily addressed and indeed some have worsened;WHEREAS numerous complaints from governments, intergovernmental organizations and other bodies have indicated that law enforcement and public-protection measures in the current design of the gTLD program are insufficient;WHEREAS the ICANN Board, without explanation, has refused the cross-community endorsement of the Joint Applicant Support Working Group recommendations to reduce costs of new gTLD in developing economies independent of any fixed fund;WHEREAS the absence of a staggered release schedule or a fixed timetable for future rounds severely inhibits ICANN's ability to correct mistakes in the proposed application round;andWHEREAS ICANN has still not convincingly demonst

Fouad Bajwa:Thanks Evan, also reading Dev's link

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Here's Evan's statement : http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2011-December/005430.html

Fouad Bajwa:This just a personal thought, I want the new gtld program take some form but the way ICANN is handling the IDN single character issue etc. which really impacts the Asia Pacific region is not good at all

Fouad Bajwa:and it makes me feel Evan's suggestion to be of significant value if the ALAC/RALO community has similar concerns or thought

Fouad Bajwa:so maybe more input from the community

Evan Leibovitch:I don't have write access to the RALO mailing lists (except NARALO) so I am hoping that other community members will engage their own regions

Fouad Bajwa:Happy Holidays everyone!

Heidi Ullrich:Happy holidays!

Evan Leibovitch:Thanks all. And have a happy holiday season!!

Cintra Sooknanan:bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Season Greetings, everyone

CLO:Seasons  GreatingsTalk Again (and again and...)  next YEAR  

Avri Doria:or later this year if you are using a hebrew calendar.

Avri Doria:or later today if you still have meetings to do this year.

Cintra Sooknanan: Merry Christmas to all of you, thanks for the nomination and support for being vice chair

Cintra Sooknanan: also sorry about this morning, I am tugged in a few directions

Avri Doria: Cintra, thank you for taking it on.  lets talk at some point when we are both less stressed.