Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Eric Brunner-Williams:           Thank you, Evan.  I’m following up on Jean-Jacques reference to our purpose in the extension of human rights and dignity.  We did not know, Amadeu and I when we conspired to create .cat what would happen. We did not anticipate in the slightest the explosion in Catalan writing that would occur in the next almost seven years now since we first met at Rome and thought of this.

So the Catalan language has experienced enormous growth as a body of text online, and this appears to be driving a growth in Catalan text in print as well.  Not that there’s been an explosion in that area as well but it came after the growth of Catalan in online texts. Waiting are [Cre], [Denai] or Navajo, Arabic not restricted by its nationalisms and not filtered by local elites; and also languages and subnational minorities and cultural identities.  Wiki Markup                                                So the Catalan language has experienced enormous growth as a body of text online, and this appears to be driving a growth in Catalan text in print as well.  Not that there’s been an explosion in that area as well but it came after the growth of Catalan in online texts. Waiting are \[Cre\], \[Denai\] or Navajo, Arabic not restricted by its nationalisms and not filtered by local elites; and also languages and subnational minorities and cultural identities. \\

What concerns me about the pursuit of hypothetical blocks, yes – it’s likely that .gay will be objected to by some cretinous religious-obsessed government.  But these are still hypothetical blocks yet we have the complete block of everything now except Catalan where we’re looking to extend literacy or the exercise of literacy as a human right and as a condition of human dignity.

Evan Leibovitch:                     Hey, I apologize.  Okay, then if that’s the case then let’s wrap this up right now.  We’ll see you all on the email list and we will open up a Skype room so that we can do some more conversations in real time.  Thanks very much, okay.  Thank you and we’ll see you on the mailing list.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

\[End of Transcript\]