Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Gisella Gruber-White: Welcome to the New gTLD call on Monday 9 April 2012 at 2000 UTC
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Hello everyone
Matt Ashtiani: Hello, Dev!
Alan Greenberg: Avri, you are fading...
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: agenda all god from my POV incl new AOB
avri: http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/gtld-wg/2012q2/000770.htmlImage Removed
Gisella Gruber-White: Cintra Sooknanan is on her way in
Gisella Gruber-White: Avri - roll call ready to be done when you are ready
Gisella Gruber-White: @ All: please remember to state your names when speaking
Evan Leibovitch: hi all. just testing Adobe Connect on a new tablet.
Heidi Ullrich: Seems like it is working, Evan! 
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: Alan even if we have not estimated time  We should indicate in letter should indicate CONSIDERABLE commitments is expected
Evan Leibovitch: GG was *much* louder than Avri, btw. Almost like TV adverts.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: :-) 
avri: I apologize Evan I am speaking quite loudly.
Evan Leibovitch: np :-) 
Alan Greenberg: #CLO, Yes, that is what I was trying to say.  However, since workload weill depend on the number of comments/issues contributed, actual workload may vary from zipp to large.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: hand up
Evan Leibovitch: hand up
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: :) :) :-)  @Evan
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: we could ban them from midnight WG calls :-) 
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: True Avri that RISK to reputation is important thus the public nature of the S/D/C of I
Heidi Ullrich: Didier, Adigo has muted your line due to the noise. 
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: Forbthevrecord I ALWAYS prefer Material Interests  AND  'reasonably ' "family"partners etc.,   And yes I wondered it the Review of conflict that could be an independent  "gate
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: hand y
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: up
avri: are there specofic recommendations to the lagauge:
avri: Members of the gTLD RG will be asked to make a declaration concerning the fact that have no Conflicts of Interest (COI).  This will be defined as having no involvement,  within the past 3 years, current or anticipated, in any way with a New gTLD Applicant or any other party that is involved in any manner whatsoever with an applicant or the proposed registry. Members of the gTLD RG will also be asked to guarantee that they will not take any sort of job or advisory position with any applicant or new Registry for at least 1 year after the end of the New gTLD Objection period; i.e. if the Objection Period ends in October 2012, they would promise to not join, in any role whatsoever, any new registry or company with a relationship to a new registry until after October 2013.  These statements will be kept on line as part of the history of the gTLD RG.
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: If someone ison the SARP can they also beon the RG?
Joly MacFie: I worry about hard COI rules having a chilling effect on participation generally
Evan Leibovitch: I still think asking for a "guarantee" of intent is impractical and unenforceable. outside that I'm comfortble with avri's wording. 
avri: so how would you reword that sentence?
Evan Leibovitch: I'd personally just eliminate it. I understand its intent but think that almost any wording constitutes "thought police" visions. I'm drawing a blank coming up myself with a reasonable limit on a (currently) volunteer role.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: YES Alan
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: Alan I would argue that the deliberations  and outcomes be 'able to be LATER published (this later also allows for "discretion")
Alan Greenberg: @avri, I can easily live with making such conflicts (ones deemed to be unimportant) be made public. 
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: but even "decret' records can be called for and they MUST BE RARE like hens teeth rare
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: hand up
Rudi Vansnick: i agree with Alan
Alan Greenberg: How many time zones does APRALO represent?  Must be close to 10 hours!
Rudi Vansnick: no objection
Heidi Ullrich: Thanks, All! 
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: thank YOU Avri
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: Thanks all
Rudi Vansnick: thanks and bye 
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: bye all
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: Staff I am out of office rest of day but on smart phone
Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: I know we have WG "stuff" to do