PositionCurrent Holder of PositionNomineeNominated ByDate Accepted

Statement of Interest

ResultsTerm to Serve

ALAC Member

(RALO)

Marita Moll

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Marita MollGlenn McKnight

I believe that the voice of At Large, on behalf of Internet end users, is a crucial part of ICANN's structure and it is a role that needs to be strengthened. This is why, during my first term as NARALO rep. to ALAC, I have led discussions and written At Large responses to ICANN's 5-year strategic plan, especially the evolution of the multistakeholder system. But it is also crucial to ensure that the voice of end users flows up through the RALOs and into At Large responses to policy and administrative issues. In order for this to happen, information about ICANN decisions and processes must also flow down to end users in ways that are accessible. I think this will be an important part of our work over the next two years. I hope to have your support to continue in the role as your representative for another term.

2020 AGM - 2022 AGM

ALAC Member

(Selected by the NomCom)

Javier Rua

(Eligible for re-selection)

NANANANA
2020 AGM - 2022 AGM

NARALO

Chair

Eduardo Diaz

Eduardo Diaz Glenn McKnight

I graciously accept this nomination for Chair, and I hope my strength and commitment to the region are a testament to my faithfulness and ability in helping move NARALO forward. 

In the past two years we have been focused in engagement, education and policy awareness and contributions.  We have had many achievements, among which are the first North American School of Internet Governance (NASIG 2018) held in in Puerto Rico, followed by another one in Quebec in 2019.

We have also able to use most of our time during our monthly meeting on educating our membership in ICANN current issues. In the past two years we had 24 monthly meetings, 7 snippet webinars, celebrated NARALO’s 10th anniversary and increased our membership by 15% (at a rate of 7% a year).

Looking forward, I propose that we focus in four major areas:

[1] Policy: Establish a working framework to increase regional participation in policy development through policy discussions in NARALO and participation in the Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) and others spaces as necessary , [2] Outreach & Engagement: Advance our O&E strategic plans and support the 2021 and 2022 North American Schools of Internet Governance (NASIG 2021 &NASIG 2022), [3] Education:  Continue to provide snippet webinars to maintain the region informed of issues and policies related that affect the stability and security of the global Internet's systems of unique identifiers and coordinate NASIG 2021 & 2022 [4]Membership: Coordinate the 2021 NARALO General Assembly. Maintain and/or increase our membership roll by a rate of 7% increase.

I look ahead to the contributions to the end-user community and beyond that together will make through NARALO.

2020 AGM - 2022 AGM

ALAC Delegate

to the NomCom

Glenn McKnight 

Glenn McKnightMcKnight self Self-nominated

April 9th, 2020

Currently a NOMCOM member, the NOMCOM has become a much more complicated process that needs a two year cycle to be fully productive. The first year is more of a learning experience and the second year involves more leadership taking on specific committee roles and functions.  I think it's critical that anyone seeking this position it should be deemed a two year commitment.  I am willing to stand for an additional year. 
2020 AGM - 2021 AGM