10:33:56 From Yesim Nazlar to Everyone : Welcome to the ALAC Monthly Call taking place on Tuesday, 26 January 2021 at 08:00 UTC.
10:34:07 From Yesim Nazlar to Everyone : Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/2QhACQ
10:48:04 From Captioner - Bonnie to Everyone : Hello! The captions are all set. :)
10:48:18 From Yesim Nazlar to Everyone : Hi Bonnie - welcome!
10:56:26 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : Just a quick reminder that I have to leave this meeting after an hour
10:57:00 From Yesim Nazlar to Everyone : Thank you for the heads up Holly.
11:06:37 From Yesim Nazlar to Everyone : Real time transcription (RTT) link: https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN
11:07:10 From Herb Waye Ombuds to Everyone : Greetings from the Office of the Ombudsman… Salutations du Bureau de l'Ombudsman
11:07:37 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Time to party like it’s 2019!
11:08:34 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Yes, where do we start!
11:09:33 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Is it just my audio or is @Maureens voice coming and going just a little? I have maxed the volumr on my headset
11:10:01 From Roberto to Everyone : Here as well - I am following the RTT instead
11:10:10 From Vrikson Acosta to Everyone : Greetings everyone
11:10:18 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Hi Herb -- 3am for you too -- thanks for coming
11:10:31 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : Thanks Maureen!
11:11:09 From Herb Waye Ombuds to Everyone : Likewise @Marita
11:13:42 From Olivier Crépin-Leblond (Internet Society UK England) to Everyone : I have no connectivity problem with Maureen - I can hear her loud and clear
11:14:15 From Gregory Shatan to Everyone : Good morning, etc., sorry to be late!
11:15:02 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Just kicking off @Greg
11:15:28 From Gregory Shatan to Everyone : Please don't kick me off!
11:15:42 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : LOL Literalist!!!!
11:15:55 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : Update from NomCom: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2021-01-25-en
11:16:35 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : Great to see you Greg.. That makes a full quota from NARALO ALAC as well. Thank you.
11:17:50 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Day / night -- not much difference these days. That makes it easier
11:20:10 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : Were the ALAC comments on Operating Design document discussed?
11:20:58 From Marita Moll to Everyone : I don't recall a notice about that public session.
11:21:23 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Was that circulated?
11:22:12 From Nadira ALARAJ to Everyone : @Marita, I’ve seen it on At-large Skype group
11:23:18 From Marita Moll to Everyone : @Nadira -- oh, not my usual hangout. I guess there is a recording somewhere
11:23:58 From Priyatosh Jana to Everyone : sorry for being late
11:23:58 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : @Marita you may wish to follow the following page? https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/2021-board-meetings
11:24:26 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : You have the link to thee recording of the Board meeting
11:24:52 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Thanks @Seb. Got it.
11:26:13 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Very interested in the global public interest item
11:26:23 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Can we see the matrix?
11:26:40 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : Agree with Marita - very much an ALAC issue.
11:30:06 From Marita Moll to Everyone : No @JZ -- not on the zoom screen
11:30:34 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : How does that fit with the review and prioritizing of review recommendations?
11:33:04 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : How does the community engagement fit with the operational design recommendations?
11:35:29 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Does at large have a formal liaison to such meetings? How much of the strategic review process was public?
11:35:47 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Thank you León
11:35:58 From Justine Chew to Everyone : Thank you Leon.
11:36:14 From Lianna Galstyan to Everyone : Thanks Leon
11:36:29 From Nadira ALARAJ to Everyone : Thank you León for this informative presentation
11:36:33 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : Thank you Leon
11:36:45 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : Thanks you!
11:36:51 From Jaewon Son to Everyone : Thank you!
11:40:40 From Chokri Ben Romdhane to Everyone : Thank you Leon did the time-line to implement ATRT3 recommendations still applyable or the Board will modify these time-line due to the pandemic impact?
11:42:46 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : Thanks Maureen!
11:42:56 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : Thanks everyone for your questions
11:43:13 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : Holly, Cheryl, happy to answer your questions in the chat
11:44:47 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : I have to leave this call in 12 Minutes so need to give an update in that time.
11:45:20 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : Holly, the review and prioritization of review recommendations is something that will be done by the community itself. Once that prioritization is performed, then the Board will act accordingly adjusting it’s operational priorities as needed. In other words, operational priorities are more a way of organizing the Board’s works rather than the communities activites
11:45:41 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : Thanks for that Leon
11:46:22 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : @ Maureen - May I go next pleae
11:46:38 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : yep
11:46:55 From Justine Chew to Everyone : Private auctions and Closed Generics
11:47:14 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : In regard to the ODP, engagement will happen through specific sessions. There is no specific mechanism designed now as the ODP still needs to be discussed with the community and org needs to gather input to factor it into the design of the ODP
11:48:05 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : @Cheryl in regard to ATRT3 recommendations I would need to touch base with Avri and the OEC to get their input in regard to the timeline
11:48:28 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Thanks for reminder , Justine!
11:48:34 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : But as you rightly say, the timeline will most likely be impacted by the pandemic
11:51:45 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : As GNSO Liaison I would like to draw the attention of the ALAC and interested At-Large Community Member to two Resolutions from the Jan GNSO Council Meeting these are Motion - GNSO Council Input on Recommendation 7 of the Expedited Policy Development Process (EPDP) on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data Phase 1 Final Report and Thick Whois Transition Policy and Motion - Approve the Recommendations from the Phase 1 Final Report of the GNSO Policy Development Process (PDP) on the Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in All gTLDs, covering RPMs applicable to gTLDs launched under the 2012 New gTLD these can be found now in advance of the Minutes at my Reporting Page => Program.https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GNSO+Liaison+Reports
11:52:37 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : Thanks for the Update @Cheryl
11:53:46 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : When it is time I would like to give an update on Euralo
11:56:18 From Justine Chew to Everyone : Thanks Yrjo for your update.
11:57:34 From Marita Moll to Everyone : I can feel the warm pacific breeze rattling some curtains as Cheryl is speaking.
11:57:50 From Holly Raiche to Everyone : Sorry but I need to leave the meeting now - and will read the transcript for the rest of the meeting.
11:58:31 From Justine Chew to Everyone : The RPM recommendations which Cheryl reported on in respect of Phase 1 of the PDP. Phase 2 work has yet to begin. Thanks for the update Cheryl.
12:00:15 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : No laggy COnnection
12:00:46 From Justine Chew to Everyone : Thanks Sebastien, nice update.
12:00:58 From Marita Moll to Everyone : Never mind @Cheryl Illusions work as well. It is 10 below zero here!
12:01:02 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : OK thanks Cheryl
12:01:50 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : @Justine Thanks
12:04:03 From Justine Chew to Everyone : Would anyone be able to provide an update on the status of the Expert Survey under Capacity Building please?
12:04:30 From Marita Moll to Everyone : @Cheryl -- sounds like work we should be documenting as part of our work on the evolution of the MS system
12:05:01 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : @Justine Thank you for precisicing that at the intersessional SubPro meeting, we heard the thinking of the GAC Leadership and topic leads, not yet of the full GAC
12:05:13 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Yes it is quite a task
12:06:23 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : I will leave the call now. Thanks everyone for having me again!
12:06:30 From León Felipe Sánchez Ambía to Everyone : Talk to you all soon!
12:06:37 From Justine Chew to Everyone : Ciao Leon.
12:06:42 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : Thank you so much for coming Leon.
12:06:53 From Sarah Kiden to Everyone : Thank you, Leon!
12:06:55 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : And for your participation, as always
12:06:58 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Bye León Thanks for making time
12:07:35 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Staff is working with AK to finalise the preparation of the Expert Survey. It has been translated and is now on a Google Forms doc awaiting final approval from AK.
12:08:21 From Justine Chew to Everyone : @Heidi, thanks.
12:11:30 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : The O/E SC will be using the regional lead similar to the Social Media WG. Lillian, the O/E Regional lead is taking on the activities in the run up to ICANN70.
12:12:16 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Excellent!
12:13:18 From Gisella Gruber to Everyone : ICANN70: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN70+-+March+2021%3A+Community+Forum
12:13:27 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) to Everyone : thanks Gisella
12:15:36 From Gisella Gruber to Everyone : LAC GA: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=LACRALO&title=LACRALO+ICANN+70+Virtual+General+Assembly+-+Asamblea+General+virtual+de+LACRALO+ICANN+70
12:16:34 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : A total of 4 sessions: 1) LACRALO virtual GA; 2) LACRALO Training; 3) LACRALO roundtable and 4) Social event
12:20:33 From Justine Chew to Everyone : @Maureen, an AOB - Just querying the naming convention of a Subcommittee vs a working group to better distinguish between FBSC and OFB-WG. The notices for FBSC has "Working Group" added to its name. Could FBSC just be referred to as FBSC and not FBSC-WG please? Thank you.
12:22:27 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : Thank you Justine. that is totally confusing and the WG and the SC are two completely different groups.. so we need to remember to keep them separate. FBSC will fade away after Friday...until next year.
12:23:36 From Justine Chew to Everyone : @Maureen, right. so something for staff to note for 2022 when FBSC starts up again then. Thank you.
12:25:14 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) to Everyone : @Sebastien The NomCom 2021 Announcement was published yesterday here: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2021-01-25-en
12:25:48 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) to Everyone : the application period remains open till 18 March 2021
12:26:06 From Sébastien Bachollet to Everyone : @Hadia II already put this link at the top of thee discussion
12:27:44 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) to Everyone : @Sebastien great - I was only on the phone at the beginning of the call, I logged out and logged in again so I did not see what you put in the chat.
12:29:09 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : @Maureen, all are updated excepted the LACRALO request
12:29:14 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Bye for now everyone!!! Stay Safe!!!
12:29:23 From Sarah Kiden to Everyone : Thank you everyone!
12:29:25 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) to Everyone : Thank you Maureen
12:29:30 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Thanks everyone!
12:29:33 From Justine Chew to Everyone : @Heidi, when can FBSC members expect the poll to start please?
12:29:34 From Herb Waye Ombuds to Everyone : Take care everyone… stay safe and be kind
12:29:46 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) to Everyone : Thank you all - and bye for now
12:30:03 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) to Everyone : bye
12:30:06 From Lianna Galstyan to Everyone : Thanks everyone
12:30:07 From Barrack Otieno ccNSO Liaison to Everyone : Thank you Maureen, apologies i have had to listen in from another meeting in my day job
12:30:10 From Barrack Otieno ccNSO Liaison to Everyone : bye
12:30:17 From Vrikson Acosta to Everyone : bye

• No labels