Nathalie  Peregrine: Welcome to the Duties and Metrics Drafting Team on Thursday 16 August 2012 at 1800 UTC

Nathalie  Peregrine:Draft Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/WQceAg

Alan Greenberg:Nathalie, the document that should be up in the window is the one pointed to in the agenda.

Alan Greenberg:Are there summary mintes from the last meeting.  Not posted on the agenda - no transcript either. https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ROP+Duties+and+Metrics+DT+Meeting+24.07.2012

Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Alan, thank you for this, I'll get the document posted now.

Nathalie  Peregrine:No transcript received yet from previous meeting.

Heidi Ullrich:Hi Alan, the chat for that meeting is available at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ROP+DMDT+24.07.2012+AC+Chat+Transcript

Alan Greenberg:yes. But weren't minutes taken during the call. That is what shows up in summary minutes I thought.

Heidi Ullrich:I don't believe any notes were taken during this call. Apologies

Heidi Ullrich:There were staff bandwidth issues.

Yaovi Atohoun:Salut a tous

Heidi Ullrich:Hi Yaovi.

Heidi Ullrich:The two penholders, Alan and Eduardo, have been given hosting rights

Rudi Vansnick:bonsoir Yaovi

Heidi Ullrich:We will review, Alan.

Yaovi Atohoun:Bonsoir Rudi

Eduardo Diaz:I was

Heidi Ullrich:It won't anymore!

Heidi Ullrich:no

Eduardo Diaz:no

Rudi Vansnick:officers is the most common naming as far as i see in icann

Nathalie  Peregrine:Dev Anand Teelucksingh haas joined the AC room

Eduardo Diaz:CAn you give an example?

Rudi Vansnick:ssac

Yaovi Atohoun:I have a comment when we reache "Staff". (My hands may take time to come up on time)

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, the transcript from the 24 July DMDT call is being posted on the 24 July DMDT agenda page.

Rudi Vansnick:if i'm not wrong the members in the SSAC are not called liaison

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we have an SSAC liaison. She was appointed by the SSAC as a full member of the SSAC

Nathalie  Peregrine:Darlene Thompson has joined the call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:in the context of ICANN Liaisons are non voting delegates / members of something

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:GNSO WOrk Group liaisons are the exception as they can hold the power to vote in a poll or call for consensus

Yaovi Atohoun:thank you

Heidi Ullrich:Appreciated, Alan ;)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So Non-liasion appointees in a ICANN WG/body have the same priviledges as other members in that WG/body?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes as do ALAC liaisons to a WG... BUT there are mandated rolls and expections in association with such an apointmemt defined by WG external to ALAC definitions already

Darlene Thompson:I think that's appropriate

Eduardo Diaz:Does that include the Chair?

Rudi Vansnick:we have only 5 officers so no reason to redefine

Carlton Samuels:I will have to leave the Adigo audio bridge but will follow here.  Need to multitask; I have to sit in on a faculty meeting

Heidi Ullrich:Yaovi dropped. Adigo is dialing him back.

Rudi Vansnick:that are nomcom rules

Carlton Samuels:Please let Adigo know I will deliberately drop off in 2 mins.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton, Adigo are informed

Carlton Samuels:Thakns Nathalie. Much obliged

Nathalie  Peregrine:My pleasure!

Rudi Vansnick:do we have to realign our wording to the respective other constituencies (NomCom for instance) ?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we need to avoid clashes where we are aware of them

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the Rule re ALAC Chairs and NomCom service is unique to us

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hand up

Darlene Thompson:Rather than just saying SOI you should also include the wording COI

Darlene Thompson:I like the way that the paragraph defines SOI, including conflicts of interest

Rudi Vansnick:so far i have not seen for nomination and election in RALO's as a ALAC member the SOI requested

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:putting SoI and CoI in the same bundle Conflict being an Actual issue  the Statement being just a more general explanation terms comon use terms

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:for a job or indication that you want to be considered for a roll we should use Expression of Interest. EOI  as should ICANN

Darlene Thompson:It can also be a pen holder

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Darlene indeed

Rudi Vansnick:i consider each alac member being a leader as they have been chosen to represent a RALO for instance

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:++++ to OCL on this point

Darlene Thompson:++++ too for Olivier

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:heat hear tp Darlene

Darlene Thompson:"Actively participate" won't work.  You will have people saying "Well, I showed up to EVERY meeting and commented."  How do you refute that?  We need to be more specific.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactlyDarlene this is where expectations need to be clear for all parties and for metrics

Darlene Thompson:+++ CLO

Eduardo Diaz:It will be in the transcript, eventually.

Silvia Vivanco:I am taking the minutes

Rudi Vansnick:is this call recorded ? i do not see the red bullet

Darlene Thompson:Say it again and again to hammer it home

Darlene Thompson:I have the red bullet

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@rudi: recorded on Adigo

Rudi Vansnick:ok

Darlene Thompson:I didn't get that.

Darlene Thompson:I don't agree

Rudi Vansnick:so we are now only talking about Leadership in WG not in other context ?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Active Engagement?

Rudi Vansnick:@Darlene : +1

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:active engagement?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and those people who are working very hard taking a leadership role in a WG are not even funded to go to ICANN meetings! So they work hard and can't even Chair their own WG meeting in person at an ICANN meeting.

Rudi Vansnick:EXACTLY Olivier

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I think it is very unfair to those people who are not ALAC, to see people on the ALAC doing a little a possible while they really are the ones doing the hard work.

Eduardo Diaz:@Olivier: +1

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Darlene +1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ALAC should never be "dead wood"

Heidi Ullrich:the categories as set out in the ICANN Outreach Initiative are: observer, contributer, leader, ambassador

Darlene Thompson:Its NOT "the leader"  It can be rapportear or pen holder

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:wow - I was dropped from the call

Heidi Ullrich:See Outreach initative meeting: http://prague44.icann.org/node/31795

Rudi Vansnick:thank you to Alan, very good work

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:listening via ADIGO. No need to call me back for this.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:heidi will those of us in the next planning meeting. just stay on this call / AC room? ..

Nathalie  Peregrine:No Cheryl, an operator will dial out to you once this call closes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ok noted

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks everybody

Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2:Thanks everyone

Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2:bye

Rudi Vansnick:bye

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all

Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/_a819976787/rop-wg/

Heidi Ullrich:for the next call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:links are not live in AC for Mobile apps

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks for the link.

• No labels