Dear all, 

Please kindly review and comment on the At-Large Social Media Strategy proposals. 

The first proposal is the Draft At-Large Social Media Strategy ("Overall Strategy"), which has been co-developed by the Technology Task Force and Ariel Liang from At-Large Staff. The Overall Strategy has been presented at the ALAC Monthly Teleconference on 29 April 2014 and is likely to be formally adopted at the ALAC Monthly Teleconference in May. Please review their ES and EN versions below. 

The second proposal is tailored for ATLAS II. It follows the general guideline from the Overall Strategy and expands on the specific tactics to suit the needs for ATLAS II. This proposal has incorporated inputs from Sergio Salinas Porto, Eduardo Diaz, and At-Large Staff. Please review its EN version below. 

Sergio Salinas Porto, Eduardo Diaz, Ariel Liang, and Silvia Vivanco have discussed both proposals intensively over teleconference calls and reached consensus on them. Please kindly submit your comments on the workspace using the comment functions by 19 May 2014 23:59 UTC

NEXT STEP: Communications WG members who would like to help implement the At-Large Social Media Strategy for ATLAS II are welcome to join the At-Large Curation WG. Please indicate your interest by contacting staff@atlarge.icann.org

Best Regards,

Sergio Salinas Porto & Ariel Liang 

• No labels

4 Comments

1. Congratulations for the work, it is excellent and complete (both docs for At-large & Atlas II).

Among the social medias, I was wondering, if Instagram is not going to be used.

I think this tool is usefool, specially during the Atlas II, to show the human side and get to know the participants.

I don´t know if it can be used with hashtags or an accont managed by staff as the others social medias accounts.

I read that translations into spanish and french are considered for the future. I was also wondering if the LAC strategy can be linked to it, to share what the ALS in the region are working and share their work and experience. There is also the outreach with CROPP.

Natalia

1. Hello Natalia,

Thank you very much for reading both strategy proposals and your excellent suggestions! 

Since Facebook is a very good platform for visual-driven content, we will be mainly testing the receptions of pictures among our target audience on Facebook at this stage. Instagram is very good tool for publishing "behind the scene" type of picture content (with hashtags) targeting younger audience, so we will explore the potential of this platform for the future. After we gain more understanding about *who* like *what* types of pictures on FB, we will be able to effectively roll out to Instagram and use its image capabilities to promote At-Large. 

It is a great idea to share the LAC Strategy, the work and experience of ALS in the region, and the CROPP outreach! This would effectively deepen our target audience's understanding about RALOs and ALSes, as well as build momentum for RALO General Assemblies. Please feel free to send us links, key documents, or other sharable content that reflect the work of LACRALO on social media. Please also let me know if you would like to be added to the Curation WG mailing list. 

Thank you Natalia!

Ariel 

2. Ariel, The Social Media strategy looks okay with me. Thanks to the team for the good work. I just have a few comments to make. I agree that we should start with Facebook and Twitter. Instagram is not as popular. Document 1: Page 4: Please list the types of presence on Facebook below the first sentence as you have done for all bulleted points. Page 9: Please list the At-Large channels below the first sentence as you have done for bulleted points. Page 10: Small typo - At-Large 'has' not 'is'. Document 2: This is a general comment about acronyms and abbreviations throughout the document. We should define them at least once to help especially new comers. In this document, it is ALS under target audience.
    1. Ariel, Yes looks very good to me as well.  great work. thanks