At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) Form
1) Please enter your Name:
Peter T. Knight, Ph.D.
3) Are you participating in the At-Large advisory process (including email and real-time discussions) as a representative of:
a) ALAC (if so, detail the region and term):
b) A Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) (if so, please detail the region, position and term):
Yes, NARALO as an individual member through participation in Skype chats and the listserv.
c) An ICANN-accredited At-Large Structure (if so, which one):
Capital Area Globetrotters
d) Any ICANN Committee, Constituency or Stakeholder Group (if so, which one(s))?
e) Any other company or organization, whether commercial or nonprofit (if so, please detail the organization and your position):
Advisory Board, Virtual School of Internet Governance (VSIG - https://www.virtualsig.org/)
4) Please identify your current employer(s):
Independent consultant on ICT4D and sustainability/sufficiency matters, Fernand Braudel Institute of World Economics (São Paulo); Coordinator, Sufficiency4Sustainabilty Network - https://www.sufficiency4sustainability.org/ - (unpaid)
5) Please identify your current position(s):
Independent consultant, but have worked as a member of a team with such consulting firms as Developing Markets Group, PTS Data Center Solutions, Astro Systems, and Hellerstein & Associates. Member of the Board of Directors, Fernand Braudel Institute of World Economics (https://www.site.braudel.org.br/?lang=en ). Coordinator and webmaster, Sufficiency4Sustainability network (https://www.sufficiency4sustainability.org/ )
6) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:
Consult with state ICT companies on matters related to statewide fiber optic and wireless networks; Write in-depth analyses of matters such as broadband networks, development banks for specialized publications; and edit and write books on ICT4D – ten published since 2004 (see my LinkedIn page (http://br.linkedin.com/in/petertknight ) for details.
7) Please identify your declared country of primary residence:
8) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:
9) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:
a) Do you, your employer, and/or sponsor have any type of material or financial interest in the At-Large advisory process and its outcomes?
If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the interest:
b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?
If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):
I have a consulting contract with a startup in the cryto-currency space, Intercoin (https://intercoin.org/). I do unpaid work for Income Movement (https://www.incomemovementfoundation.org/), the Sufficiency4Sustinabiity Network (https://www.sufficiency4sustainability.org/), and am (unpaid) Digital Content Manager for the Dartmouth College Class of 1962 (http://1962.dartmouth.org/ )
10) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):
ALAC Social Media Working Group ALAC At-Large Working Group on Future Challenges
ALAC Social Media Working Group
ALAC At-Large Working Group on Future Challenges
11) Additional information (optional):
12) Page last revised:
At-Large SOI Template v3 (Feb 2014)