Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the ALAC and Meeting Strategy WG: the future of ICANN Meetings on Friday 9 August 2013 at 1400 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/VlV-Ag
  Ron Sherwood:Good morning, Julie
  Julia Charvolen:Hello Ron, I believe you heard me ;0
  Julia Charvolen::)
  Maureen Hilyard:good morning
  Julia Charvolen:Hello Maureen
  Sylvia Herlein:hello
  Sylvia Herlein:can you hear me Julia??
  Sylvia Herlein:please give me adigo code
  Nathalie  Peregrine:1638
  Julia Charvolen:Yes sure
  Julia Charvolen:1638
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry my phone switched off
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:restarting
  Julia Charvolen:sure thank you
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:just as you said hi Julia
  Julia Charvolen::) can we dial out to you know Olivier?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes ^lease
  Eduardo Diaz:Hola a todos. I am connecting in the process of connecting to the tel bridge
  Julia Charvolen:Adigo is dialing ou to you
  Yao:Hello everyone
  Leon Sanchez:hello everyone
  Yao:Yao is Yaovi.
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you
  Yao:"Vi" just means "Junior"  As my father's name is also Yao   . Born on Thursday
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All
  Sylvia Herlein:no, only English channel today
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large Durban agendas: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41878869
  Sylvia Herlein:agree
  Julia Charvolen:Sally Costerton joined the meeting
  sallycosterton:Sorry to be late.
  sa:Hi I might participate for a while.
  Sandra Hoferichter:sa=SAndra
  Sylvia Herlein:we are getting in touch with all constituencies in order to know their necessities
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you Sandra
  Sylvia Herlein:doing brainstorm with all the ideas
  sallycosterton:I am not on the adigo link
  sallycosterton:I am in adobe
  Julia Charvolen:Sally can we dial out to you if you wish
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Adobe's voice activated. Staff will work out with you how to use it
  Julia Charvolen:@ Sally:  to activate your microphone please click on the telephone icon on the top toolbar of the Adobe Connect room
  Yaovi Atohoun:I can hear you Sandra
  Winthrop Yu:Very clear, Sandra
  Heidi Ullrich:The EURALO General assembly in Lisbon had almost 90% of all EURALO At-Large Structures reprresented
  Yaovi Atohoun:A question for the option in favour of 2 ICANN meeetings:  2 ICANN meetings + 1 ICANN meeting per region?    or  2 ICANN meetings +  1/needed  AC/SO meetings per regions? Just to understand this OPTION
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:at the moment, as I understand it, it's all an open option
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so it could also be 2 ICANN meetings a year and 1 or 2 or 3 meetings of RALOs per year?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Or perhaps 2 more ALAC & regional leaderships per year?
  Yaovi Atohoun:OK
  Sandra Hoferichter:one GAC member proposed to have an open meeting with the community on thursday to discuss their comminique
  Sandra Hoferichter:on the othe rhand we have to respect their need to close the door sometimes
  Satish:Very sorry to be late...I had a family emergency...
  Julia Charvolen:Satish Babu joined the meeting
  Julia Charvolen::)
  Winthrop Yu:Location is liely a major factor  ... logistics aside, there's the matter of rotating the mettings across the geographical areas.
  Yaovi Atohoun:@all: So during the  WG discussion was there idea about  a global regional meeting per year? not only  for  AC/SO in the region ?
  Satish:Can you hear me?
  Heidi Ullrich:No, Satish
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:no Satish we cannot hear you
  Julia Charvolen:We cannot heear you Satish, is your mic on?
  Heidi Ullrich:are you on the Adigo bridget or the AC?
  Sandra Hoferichter:I have not the capacityto attend 4 meetings per year 3 globals plus one regional
  Julia Charvolen:Satish is on Adobe Connect only
  Satish:I was trying out the AC mic. It doesn't seem to be working, so I'll give my opinion on chat...
  Satish:First, I agree that three global meetings per year is the max we can do and the minimum we need. Second, the organization of the meeting has to reflect the priorities and preferences of the at-large community (for example, internal meetings vs inter-constitutency meetings)
  Satish:Third, the at-large community has limitations in terms of travel, visa etc that other constituencies do not have, and these need to be addressed
  Julia Charvolen:@ Satish Please let us know if your mic does not work if we can dial out to you
  Satish:The at-large community can of course use more local meetings, especially when coupled with capacity building.  
  Satish:@Julia, this is fine for now.
  Satish:In summary, the 'quantity' of the meetings can remain same, but the 'quality' (ie., the way the meetings are organized) needs to be enhanced.
  Yaovi Atohoun:@WG: need to be clear when you talk about regional meeting.  AC/SO regional meeting or ICANN regionl meeting? Thanks
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Adigo: Please  call me back
  Julia Charvolen:@ Satish, sure. Do not hesitate to let us know, thank you
  Julia Charvolen:we will call you back Yaovi
  Satish:Thanks Olivier.
  Sylvia Herlein:sorry, I must go now. See you!!
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you Sylvia
  Julia Charvolen:Yaovi is back on the phone brigde
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Julia: Thanks
  Julia Charvolen:thank you
  Eduardo Diaz:The answer is that the chicken does not have a head at that time (ja!)
  Julia Charvolen:Pastor Peters joined the phoe bridge
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:LOL Eduardo :-)
  Sebastien:Thanks to all the participants
  Eduardo Diaz:Very good meeting. Thanks you for arranging it..
  Sandra Hoferichter:bye bye all!
  Alberto Soto:Thanks all! Thanks for letting me participate
  Yaovi Atohoun:bye
  Satish:Thanks and good day!
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you everyone
  Maureen Hilyard:Very informative meeting thank you
  Maureen Hilyard:bye
  • No labels