Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the Metrics Sub Committee call on Monday 30 July 2012 at 2100 UTC

Gisella Gruber-White:Draft Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/JBkQAg

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi Gisella

Nathalie  Peregrine:Hi Tijani, Gisella will not be on this call today, i'll be running it. Ca va?

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi Heidi and Nathalie

Heidi Ullrich:Hi, Tijani

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Oui, ça va Nathalie

Tijani BEN JEMAA:tu es gentil, merci beaucoup

Nathalie  Peregrine:Tijani, tu préfères être connecté sur l'AC ou par le téléphone

Tijani BEN JEMAA:gentille

Nathalie  Peregrine:Merci :)

Tijani BEN JEMAA:l'Adobe marche bien pour le haut parleur, mais pas pour le micro

Tijani BEN JEMAA:donc, il me faut le téléphone

Nathalie  Peregrine:et quel numéro?

Tijani BEN JEMAA:+216 53 337 114

Tijani BEN JEMAA:+216 98 330 114

Tijani BEN JEMAA:+216 23 330 114

Nathalie  Peregrine:Lequel tu préfères?

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Sofirst number, it's 52 337 114rry, for the

Yaovi Atohoun:Bonjour a tous

Tijani BEN JEMAA:sorry again

Tijani BEN JEMAA:here is the number

Tijani BEN JEMAA:+216 52 337 114

Nathalie  Peregrine:ok thank you

sergio salinas porto:hello all!

Holly Raiche:Just to let everyone know I must leave the call at 5 minutes before the hour as I have to participte in a telecnference with the AustA-G Department on copyright in this country

Sylvia Herlein:hello everybody

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello, everyone

Darlene Thompson:We need to all chip in and buy Cheryl a new computer.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:or tablet

Darlene Thompson:LOL

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:add Olivier Crépin-Leblond please

Heidi Ullrich:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Metrics+WG+Summary+Minutes+EN+11-06-2012

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Unable to raise hand, but the wiki page doesn't appear to show the correct minutes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The page is completely wrong

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:It shows the new gTLD RG minutes

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:it shows the gTLD WG minutes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:RG or WG? This looks like RG to me

Nathalie  Peregrine:We're looking into it.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Sorry, gTLD RG minutes, you're correct, Olivier, looks like the first gTLD RG meeting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Matt can you bring that list up that Alan circulated  last month please into the shared screen

Alan Greenberg:Setting mettric at 100% I think will require too much manual examination. We all have reasons that we cannot make all meetings.

Alan Greenberg:Seems I was channelling for Cheryl there.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

Alan Greenberg:Annoying echo

Heidi Ullrich:WE are looking itno the source of the echo

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I'm hearing a faint echo here

Nathalie  Peregrine:Can all participants mute their lines/ pc microphone to avoid background noise and echoes? Thank you!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Except me of course on my headset ;-)

Nathalie  Peregrine:Cheryl exempted :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:see exemptions  DO work ;-)

sergio salinas porto:agree alan!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:good idea, Holly

Alan Greenberg:Apologies are fine, but if someone never shows up but always apologieses, it is still unacceptable.

Darlene Thompson:An apology doesn't mean its been accepted - I think that we have to be very careful how many apologies we "accept"

Holly Raiche:I agree with Alan- there should be a metric for those who don't show with a reason which maybe differs from a person who apologises

sergio salinas porto:ok , but there must be also the item "license for many meetings"

sergio salinas porto:who replaces that member?

sergio salinas porto:who replaces that member?

sergio salinas porto:who replaces that member? an alternate member? we should choose an alternate member?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:if it is a NomCom appointed ALAC Member then we need to  call for replacement from NomCom as was done for NARALO last term  IF it is a RALO appointment then the RALO would  need to 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Alternates would need specific  work on  how they influence bith concemsus and or any votes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and we also need to look to regional balance and  numbers available

Darlene Thompson:Agree with Yaouvi - we need to educate potential leaders

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the ZRationale  for ALAQC meeting to be open  is to allow  for all to know  what is going on  so any one else gets a roll can just step up  and further that they are preared to do a job

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: now if we use the opportunity for Proxy as oppossed to Alternates per se

Holly Raiche:Go Olivier-

yaovi Atohoun 2:Sorry  my computer is taking time to lower my hand because of my bandwidth today

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  did it for you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Happy to talk percentages  and lets discuss more on this as well from an expectations  point iof view

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:after Alan

sergio salinas porto:Cheryl, I can not get into the rules of com Nom, but from the "Regions" there must always be representation of two representatives elected by the RALOS

sergio salinas porto:lolololo

sergio salinas porto:@Alan i´m understand your position, good point

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I was of course only using an example

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes Darlene  appointment is linked with trust and expectations

Holly Raiche:Hi Everyone.  Sorry to leave you all, but I do have to join my other teleconference.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree totally  Tijani  though all need to be delt with they are seperate

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  as attendance  can just be  being there NOT contributing and making a difference etc.,

yaovi Atohoun 2:I am disconnected

Heidi Ullrich:We are checking re Yaovi

Heidi Ullrich:Dialing back

Nathalie  Peregrine:we're dialling him back

Nathalie  Peregrine:he's back

Heidi Ullrich:We arelooking for the source of the echo.

Darlene Thompson:It won't let me clear my status!  If someone could kill my hand, I would appreciate it.

Darlene Thompson:That's what I signed up for, too

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Aim to pen  an appendix  or suplimnt document style

Matt Ashtiani:https://community.icann.org/x/gwgQAg

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Yaovi, do u want to be on this group?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'll like to make an attempt at this, as well.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Excellent  Dev  so noted...

Alan Greenberg:Just think about the EC without rules!

Nathalie  Peregrine:All, please remember to state names before speaking for the interpreters

Heidi Ullrich:Who did Tijani suggest make the starting document?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:As a FYI, an article I found on the web : Avoiding false metrics : http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2012/05/avoiding-false-metrics.html

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, all!

Darlene Thompson:See you all!

sergio salinas porto:bye all!!!!

Sylvia Herlein:bye,bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye all THANKS !!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Add Dev to pen holders to wiki work please

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and  note  Darlene  and OCL  are to find  people  form their region Darlene and Alan are in edit  not write mode

Nathalie  Peregrine:Will do

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Thabks  Veroinica  and David  :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: bye  for now  then....  =>  Coffee  :-)

• No labels