Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/PsTbAQ

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi there

sergio salinas porto:hi all!

sergio salinas porto:hi cheryl and Gisella!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Ho9la  Sergio

Gisella Gruber-White:Reminder: if you are on the audio bridge, please MUTE your computers as we have AUDIO on the Adobe Connect room (English Channel)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry  typo

Gisella Gruber-White:Ola Sergio - welcome!

sergio salinas porto:lol speaking spanish..great!

sergio salinas porto:I just finished my English class! jasjajja

Gisella Gruber-White:Congratulations Sergio

Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/PsTbAQ

Sylvia Herlein Leite:Hello everybody!

sergio salinas porto:tks gisella, im reemember my promise to speek english in praga...but I think ... maybe if I can get to canada

Jose Arce:Hello al

sergio salinas porto:hi Sylvia 6 Jiose

Andrew Molivurae:Hi everyone

sergio salinas porto:sylvia & Jose

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sergio - and me Spanish in Toronto ... :-/

sergio salinas porto:yeaaaaaaaaaaa

Matt Ashtiani::-)

sergio salinas porto:;)

Sylvia Herlein Leite:Great!!!! Gisella

Carlton Samuels:Hiya All

Carlton Samuels:I will be on the a/c bridge

Rudi Vansnick:hi all, sorry been a bit late

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Maureen Hilyard:Hi guys.. just been able to connect my audio. Good morning

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Maureeen

Carlton Samuels:Thanks for the recognition Gisella

sergio salinas porto:hi Dev!

Darlene:Yay for full turnout!

Sylvia Herlein Leite:.doc

Darlene:I would like them in both pdf and doc

Roosevelt King:Hi everyone! I am getting sound here. Wondering how necessary the call out is. Will this be reliable?

Darlene:I do!

Darlene:Yes, Alan - please send them around

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Alan!

Gisella Gruber-White:@ CLO - yes

Heidi Ullrich:Must do page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Must+Do+Activities

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Roosevelt - audio is reliable as long as your internet connection is

Heidi Ullrich:Should do page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Should+Do+Activities (including ALS Should do)

Heidi Ullrich:Could do page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Could+Do+Activities

Heidi Ullrich:The links are also on the links pod to the left.

Darlene:Could Rule 21 please be put up?

Darlene:Ah, OK

Gisella Gruber-White:Audio - I hope everyone can hear clearly via the Adobe Connect room

Maureen Hilyard:Loud and clear audio, Gisella

Roosevelt King:before leaving this page, there are some observations I would like to make with regards the text

Matt Ashtiani:@darlene - rule 21 - https://community.icann.org/x/2rbbAQ

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Roosevelt - your audio is not clear for interpretation. It may be best to dial-out to you

Darlene:3.1 is especially ambiguous.  What are officers?  Is that the chair and secretariat or are we talking about officers of the EXCOM?

Heidi Ullrich:Apologies on the Spanish channel. We understand the interpretors are having difficulty hearing Roosevelt and therefore interpreting him.

Sylvia Herlein Leite:tks, Heidi

Heidi Ullrich:Alan and Carlton will be having a call with Staff this week to discuss the ALAC SOI questions.

Roosevelt King:should I try the computer next time I speak. I used the telephone just now.

Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you Roosevelt

Darlene:To me SOIs and COIs are totally different

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:SOIs will need to include COI declaration

Carlton Samuels:AFAIK, Rule 21 has a congenital defect wrt 'qualitative commitments'!

Andrew Molivurae:can't hear Carlton

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Matt can you put  Rule 21 up please

Gisella Gruber-White:Carlton - bad audio for the interpreters

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Carlton is refering to that  21.3

Matt Ashtiani:@clo - yes

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Spanish Channel - apologies, Carlton's audio is poor and we had difficulties interpreting

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:should we have quizzes at the end of the monthly ALAC conference call? :-)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:count the number of words posted in forums and wikis?

Maureen Hilyard:lol

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:as a first method to try to determine the quality of comments? a majority of comments like "I agree" or "Me too" should score poorly

Darlene:I agree, Cheryl, and it should also apply to appointed officers

Gisella Gruber-White:Sergio - over to you

Carlton Samuels:Please bear with me.  I'm getting a very slow response from my a/c connection

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sergio - we are not able to interpret you as we can't hear you?!

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sergio - please put your comments/questions here

Alan Greenberg:We need feedback from interpreters that they are in process of listening to other language. (not applies to this case but in general)

Silvia Vivanco:I am skyping him

sergio salinas porto:Ii`m out

Heidi Ullrich:Did you drop, Sergio?

sergio salinas porto:1) I think it certainly should be rules for der-mm excommunicated and I firmly believe should be composed of members of ALAC only.2) there must be someone to do this monitoring and should be out of Ex-comm

Roosevelt King:rules 21.3 to 21.8 should be sub paragraphs of rule 21.2???????

sergio salinas porto:in the room ...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We would be welladvised to look at some geberal Super rules  then subsets

Carlton Samuels:@CLO: On super set of rules +1

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Why the quantitative requirements mentions "3/4 of ALS accreditation votes in any 6 month period" - why ALS accreditation votes only?

Roosevelt King:21.3 to 21.8

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Yes Roosevelt, it appears that the formatting is incorrect there

Maureen Hilyard:There  has to be some consistency across the ALAC - and I agree with a subset of rules for RALOs

Alan Greenberg:@Roosevelt. I agree.. But that was not the format chosen wen this document was put together.

Roosevelt King:ok

Alan Greenberg:And it is even more confusing in the Wiki version where we have numbered items and thenbulles them as well.

Alan Greenberg:(lack f formating capabilities in Wiki)

Roosevelt King:should never bullet rules otherwise any reference to them can be cumbersome.

Darlene:Adobe Connect isn't working for me AT ALL right now so I'm just hoping that you can all see what I am typing!

Sylvia Herlein Leite:I do darlene

Darlene:Precisely, Cheryl, NARALO has had examples of liaisons who has forwarded their own personal agenda rather then the RALOs POV.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Not just NARALO  Dar;ene  but  yes we need to be dilegemt on this...

Silvia Vivanco: 1) I think it certainly should be rules for der-mm excommunicated and I firmly believe should be composed of members of ALAC only.2) there must be someone to do this monitoring and should be out of Ex-comm (COMMENT BY Sergio Salinas Porto)

Silvia Vivanco:I just posted that comment on behalf of Sergio Salinas Porto

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thank you Silvia

Roosevelt King:Carlton's point support the observation that rules are not clear and leaves too much room for ambiguous interpretation.

Sylvia Herlein Leite:@Darlene Did you talk about Naralo ou LACRALO??

sergio salinas porto:I'm not understanding whit Carlton what it says on the RALOS

Sylvia Herlein Leite:or was Carlton who was talking rithg now??

Carlton Samuels:@Sylvia: Yes

Carlton Samuels:@Alan: Yes, it was shorthand!

Silvia Vivanco:Sure

Darlene:Darlene is on the list of people who wish to speak!

Jose Arce:@Carlton You have to  be careful what you says about LACRALO, and not generalize and give/have proof of yours words

Carlton Samuels:@Jose Arce:  I'd be happy to point to the record!

Sylvia Herlein Leite:agreed with Jose

Gisella Gruber-White:Sergio has been reconnected and should have a better line

Gisella Gruber-White:Sylvia has disconnected

Carlton Samuels:Or, you can see the transcripts and listen to the audio from San Jose

Sylvia Herlein Leite:in the room again

Silvia Vivanco:Creo que debe de haber reglas minimas para el funcionamiento del ex comm y debe de haber alguien que haga el monitoreo de esto por fuera de ALAC

Roosevelt King:Jose, you should ask for the evidence rather than trying to caution anybody about what they speak. Carlton is supposed to be responsible enough for his comments. I would think that he has cause to say what he said biut if you disagree, you should askhim to explain.

Silvia Vivanco:I am re-writing the comment by Sergio as follows:  " I think there should be minimum rules for functioning of the EXCOM and there should be someone who can do the monitoring outside the ALAC

Darlene:HAND UP!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:What did Cheryl say? I wasn't listening. :-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:onlie kidding.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:only  kidding. but yes -- that happens

sergio salinas porto 2:querida Darlene, yo no estoy de acuerdo con darle el poder de expulsar a un alac member desde ALAC. Los alac member deben de ser expulsados por su region y no por ALAC. ALAC deb de enviar informes de gestion al presidente y secretario de la region. esos informes deben de salir desde las metricas

Carlton Samuels:@Jose Acre: Here's something to help you.  http://costarica43.icann.org/meetings/sanjose2012/transcript-lacralo-general-assembly-3-15mar12-en.pdf - Transcript from Thursday GA Session in Costa Rica

Silvia Vivanco:Translating Sergio's comments

Silvia Vivanco:Dear Darlene: I disagree with having to expell an ALAC member from the ALAC. ALAC members shall be expelled by their own region and not by the ALAC. ALAC should send reports to the president and secretary of the region. These reports should come from the metrics

Darlene:Arrrrrgggghhhhh!  Cheryl, when we were in Costa Rica and the others were zip lining, you told me to start this group yesterday!

Darlene:But I'm happy to do it whenever

Fatimata 2:Please call me back

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:happy to help, Darlene

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Fatimata - we are calling you

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Fatimata - please speak louder - it is difficult to hear you

Darlene:Luv ya, Dev!

Gisella Gruber-White:Next Meeting for 90 minutes on Monday 28 May

Darlene:Fine enough for me, as per times

Gisella Gruber-White:Monday 28 May at 1800 UTC for 90 minutes

Gisella Gruber-White:Monday 11 June at 2100 UTC for 90 minutes

Darlene:Poooooor Holly!  LOL

Gisella Gruber-White:An email confirming these dates and times will be sent to the mailing list shortly

Holly Raiche:Thanks Darlene - I'll mnage

Darlene:LOL Holly - Luv ya!  Sorry!

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Cheryl I have enjoyed listening to the contributions this morning

Holly Raiche:Thanks - and talk soon

Cintra Sooknanan:bye bye

sergio salinas porto 2:chauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....!

Andrew Molivurae:Thanks Cheryl

Rudi Vansnick:bye bye to all

Maureen Hilyard:Bye Hollie

Andrew Molivurae:bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye  All

Fatimata 2:Bye All

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye all

Darlene:Bye all!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Staff can we push for transcript on this call  love to haver iot pre tyhe prep meeting at the end of yhr week

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Cheryl - will send this through in the next couple of hours

• No labels