The JAS working group has now completed its Final Report which can be downloaded from the links below.
- A copy of the JAS WG Final Report in English can be downloaded here.
- Une copie en français du rapport final du groupe de Travail conjoint SO/AC pour les candidats aux nouveaux gTLDs ["Joint Applicant Support" (JAS)] peut être téléchargée ici.
- Una copia española del Informe Final del Grupo de Trabajo Conjunto de Organizaciones de Apoyo/Comités Asesores (SO/AC) para Apoyo a los Solicitantes de Nuevos Dominios Genéricos de Alto Nivel (gTLDs) [Joint Applicant Support (JAS)] se puede transferir aqui.
Proposed ALAC Resolution Regarding the JAS Workgroup Final Report
The ALAC Resolution Regarding the JAS Workgroup Final Report is a proposed motion put to the ALAC for discussion, comment and debate online from 28-Sep-2011 18:00 UTC to 04-Oct-2011 18:00 UTC. It was prepared by the ALAC ExCom as a result of discussion on the JAS-WG Final Report at the ALAC Meeting of September 27th.
This Resolution was proposed by Evan Leibovitch and seconded by Cheryl Langdon-Orr.
Vote credentials were sent to all ALAC members entitled to Vote on this Resolution via email. At-Large Staff will directly follow up with ALAC Members who have not voted by 29-Sept-2011 18:00 UTC to determine if they were unable to vote due to their involvement in the IGF or due to other matters. At-Large Staff will also ask those who have not voted if they wish to register their vote through our proxy, paper ballot system.
WHEREAS the ALAC has long supported the requirement of reducing barriers to Top Level Domain (TLD) creation in developing economies; and
WHEREAS the ALAC has co-chartered the Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS WG) and welcomed the participation of many At-Large members in its activities; and
WHEREAS the ALAC has reviewed and endorsed earlier milestone reports of this Working Group; and
WHEREAS the JAS WG has produced a Final Report for consideration by the ICANN community that has been reviewed by At-Large;
RESOLVED THAT the ALAC endorses the Final Report of the JAS Working Group and urges the ICANN Board to implement its recommendations; and
RESOLVED THAT the ALAC thanks the community volunteers and ICANN staff whose work contributed - and continues to contribute - to the advancement of the JAS WG mandate.
- Comments from the At-Large community may be added through the comment function on this wiki page.
- As the ALAC will be discussing the JAS WG Final Report during its meeting of 27 September 2011, please submit your comments prior to that date.
- Comments will be accepted in English, French and Spanish.
With 14 out of 15 ALAC Members having voted on the ALAC Resolution Regarding the JAS Workgroup Final Report, we can confirm that the result is quorate.
Question: Do you support the ratification of the ALAC Resolution Regarding the JAS Workgroup Final Report for communication to the ICANN Board?
Number of voters: 14 · Group size: 15 · Percentage voted: 93.33
Yes: 14 (100.00%)
No: 0 (0.00%)
Abstain: 0 (0.00%)
- We can confirm that the following ALAC members voted in favor of the Resolution: Oliviér Crepin-Leblond, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Carlton Samuels, Evan Leibovitch, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Ganesh Kumar, Mohamed El Bashir, Gareth Shearman, Dave Kissoondoyal, Sylvia Herlein Leite, James Seng, Sandra Hoferichter, Jean-Jacques Subrenat, Sergio Salinas Porto.
- We can confirm that the following ALAC members did not participate in the balloting: Edmon Chung
- You may review the results independently under: http://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=2016D7SSSbcKiFKwnavvJRmt
- All closed ALAC votes may be reviewed under: https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=20036LdcLHALuiZknQ7Fni4p