ALAC Questions to the Board: (The Board has requested that the questions be listed in terms of their priority)
- In the chair's Blog: The Los Angeles Workshop Recap: Cherine Chalaby mentions that the Board discussed the challenges they are facing around deciding if something is in the global public interest. Could the Board provide the ALAC with more details about the topic and discuss the findings?
- Budgets are clearly going to be a subject of must conversation going forward in ICANN. Do Board Members have any thoughts on opportunities to increase revenue, and any thoughts or concerns on how budget reductions might endanger the multistakeholder model?
- We understand that SSAC has advised the Board on issues related to the KSK Rollover with SAC063 (11/7/13) and SAC073 (9/30/15). Can the Board comment on implementation of that advice. Furthermore, can the Board please comment on the effect of the KSK rollover on end users as SSAC recent research has focused on resolvers and not the end user experience.
Board Questions to the SO/ACs:
- What are your key goals in 2018? The Board is interested in this question to make sure that its own priorities are aligned with the community’s priorities.
- What are your most relevant longer-term goals? The Board is interested in this question because discussions about longer-term goals and strategic planning will commence soon between the community, the Board and ICANN org.