Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on the Transition of US Government Stewardship of the IANA Function call on the 05 March 2015 at 15:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/Jg4nAw

Murray McKercher:Good morning from Frosty Toronto

Murray McKercher::)

Seun Ojedeji:Hello everyone

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Terri, you don't hear me?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I cannot hear you Tijani

Eduardo Diaz:Good morning from sunny Puerto Rico.

Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone

Alberto Soto:Hola a todos, Hello everyone from Buenos Aires!

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):hello everyone

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):Glad to do so

Loris Taylor:Good morning

Terri Agnew:@Olivier your audio is breaking up

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Olivier, your audio breaking up in little segments

Seun Ojedeji:my audio dialout is breaking

Seun Ojedeji:oh.....good i am not alone

Seun Ojedeji:so it seem its from Olivier

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Very bad audio from Olivier

Terri Agnew:Review of Action Items from the meeting of 26 February 2015: https://community.icann.org/x/WgknAw

Terri Agnew:IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group Issues Proposal Assembly and Finalization Process and Updated Transition Process Timeline: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-01-07-en

Terri Agnew:Welcome Joily MacFie

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am back on with a new line

Seun Ojedeji:welcome back :)

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:yes better

Gordon Chillcott:much better

Loris Taylor:Much clearer

Seun Ojedeji:@JJ a few more questions were sent to the numbers community, have you recieved any response and if not, is there any deadline to receiving their response. How is the ICG seeing both proposals entirely?

Terri Agnew:Welcome Christopher Wilkinson

Seun Ojedeji:Okay...thats fine thanks

Terri Agnew:IANA CWG Meeting #25 (3 March): https://community.icann.org/x/PwsnAw

Terri Agnew:IANA CWG Meeting #26 (5 March): https://community.icann.org/x/RQsnAw

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Design Teams List: https://community.icann.org/x/qgwnAw

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Seun, @ your earlier question: on the Transition page, I don't see that anything new has been published since https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/icg-archives-2014-07-31-en .

Terri Agnew:Welcome Beran Gillen

Beran Gillen -ALAC:thanks Terri hello everyone

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Seun: but you can read the transcript of the audio here, https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/transcript-chat-icg-25feb15-en.pdf

Loris Taylor:Moving to audio only. 

Beran Gillen -ALAC:losing audio

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sound is fine here

Beran Gillen -ALAC:it's back

Seun Ojedeji:lost audio

Terri Agnew:@Seun, calling you back

Seun Ojedeji:Thanks

Fatima Cambronero:understood. Thanls

Fatima Cambronero:*thanks

Christopher Wilkinson:I agree with Olivier on that question. We need to set priority DTs and organise volunteers.

Danny Younger:I'll volunteer to participate in the activities of Design Team D (Authorization Function)

Terri Agnew:@Tijani, we will dial back out to you to see if we can get a better line

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Danny: understood. We'll see when that one moves forward....

Alan Greenberg:@danny, if you are volunteering, it must be formally at the CWG and not here.

Danny Younger:@alan, understood.  Need to understand the relationship between Design Team efforts and the language currently in the CWG Draft Transition Plan V.2.0, updated.

Terri Agnew:Welcome Tom Lowenhaupt

Terri Agnew:@all, finding the line

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:there's an alarm beep...

Leon Sanchez:do all of you listen to a beep in the line¿

Beran Gillen -ALAC:yes @leon

Fatima Cambronero:in the Spanish channel I am listening a dog, @Leon :)

Leon Sanchez:Thanks @Beran. Thought I was beginning to listen voices :P

Leon Sanchez:@Fatima LOL!

Murray McKercher:This was not me as I disconnected my audio

Alan Greenberg:FIRE ALARM - EVERYONE VACATE THE PREMISES!

Beran Gillen -ALAC:beep is gone!!!! yaaaay!!!

Terri Agnew:@Jean-Jacques, we are unable to hear you

Seun Ojedeji:yeah thats the word...."frontrunner" ;-)

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:I agree with all of Alan's remarks. In addition, my point is that ALAC should focus on the areas where it can bring added value, and that is THE USER PERSPECTIVE. Many other aspects are being discussed in multiple groups, so we can and should concentrate on the users.

Fatima Cambronero:agree with you @JJ, it is a good answer to my question

Seun Ojedeji:Yes utilizing the time is really my concern. @Olivier

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Olivier, since there still seems to be an audio problem on my side, see my remarks above. Thanks.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Jean Jacques: I will read it to the record. Thanks

Terri Agnew:CCWG Accountability: https://community.icann.org/x/IIMHAw

Murray McKercher:@JJS Thank you for your response, I agree that IANA is important but agree and support  your perspective

Seun Ojedeji:okay thanks....and the point is like i said people like myself commits vacation times that will soon get exhausted and it will be good to be sure the meeting is worth it

Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Olivier, all. I have to work (back to work)

Seun Ojedeji:cheers @Fatima

Fatima Cambronero: @Seun :)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@seun: I have real concerns about this too. This needs a real push and at the moment I feel the CWG Leadership is taking this quite nonchalantly - or at least it looks like it

Fatima Cambronero:(I will stay in listen mode only)

Terri Agnew 2:@Fatima, good bye

Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Terri

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Question to Leon: among the law firms having expressed interest, and among the short-listed, what are the nationalities/headquarters?

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:(Sorry Leon, I can't put the question by audio)

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Olivier, would you be so kind as to read my question for Leon? Many thanks!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Jean-Jacques - yes, if Leon does not notice your question in the chat

Olivier Crepin-Leblond::-)

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:thanks OCL.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:thank you Leon.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Leon and All: if time still allows, may I suggest that the international experience (outside US) be one of the criteria for the final choice?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@JJS: I think I understood that was the case

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:perhaps not as a "criterion" as such, but certainly as a desired characteristic

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: I mean an EXPLICIT criterion, in a proper priority position.

Terri Agnew 2:@all, Murray had to go

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Leon: rather than "replacing or changing" the jurisdiction, I suggest we use the expression "creating additional offices in other jurisdictions". This was a sticky point in our report of the President's Strategy Committee, and my formula was accepted.

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):That is a great suggestion @Jean-Jacques!

Seun Ojedeji:why creating additional offices solve the concern those asking for a change in juridiction?

Seun Ojedeji:why=will?

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Leon: I understand and share that wish (change of jurisdiction), but I'm just saying it does not seem likely to be acted upon. Hence my suggestion about "creating additional offices in other jurisdictions".

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):Understood @Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Tijani, I agree with your remark, including this in the by-laws may not be the most effective way.

Seun Ojedeji:+1 to that as well

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Sébastien: yes, but when those hired elsewhere have to work in the US, there is a visa problem.

Danny Younger:Question for AoB:  Having submitted a proposal to the ICG-Forum (it replaces the oversight role of NTIA with oversight to be performed by the IAB), I'd like to know if there is a process by which the at-large will consider/evaluate such independent submissions.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Sébastien, the problem deserves to be viewed in 2 perspectives: 1) sovereignty (domaine régalien in French), and I'm afraid ICANN Board and Washington are not prepared for that; and 2) practical aspects, such as HR management, hiring, visas, some contracts, etc.

Seun Ojedeji:I actually have not read/seen strong disadvantage of maintianing the current juridiction. Is it because of tax requirement or what?

Alan Greenberg:Shame we will run out of time without discussing some of the other accountability issues where we really need At-Large input.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Seun: the will to maintain ICANN in the US jurisdiction is political, first and foremost.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Interpreters have kindly agreed to extend for another 15 minutes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:+1 Leon - indicating wishing to change ICANN's home BEFORE IANA Stewardship Transition is adding more spice to a dish that's already red hot

Seun Ojedeji:@JJ yes thats correct.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Leon: agreed; but the fact remains that, even above that, the motivation is firstly political.

Terri Agnew:Welcome Carlton Samuels

Sébastien:It is a little late to ask but can we have an At-Large meeting in f2F in part of the day in between ccwg and cwg (even if I know that Leon will be in meeting ccordination with other VC)?

Carlton Samuels:Howdy all, I had competing interests for most of the scheduled time

Carlton Samuels:@Supermajority: Most if not all boards of a public American corporation would likely reject this if it devolves power to a group!

Carlton Samuels:That kinda thing is for closely controlled family-owned corporations

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):@Sébastien yes, a f2f meeting of At-Large in Istanbul would be a good idea. I'm in

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Alan +1.

Carlton Samuels:@Alan: Most would push back on wholesale Board removal as disruptive and desatabilising. So then the issue is on what grounds? I submit you will not likely get a threshold on that from this kind of disparate community interest.

Seun Ojedeji:@Alan about removing individual board member, i think there should be care about this otherwise board members will start acting representatively within board.

Alberto Soto:I'm sorry, I must leave the meeting. Greetings !!

Terri Agnew:good bye Alberto

Carlton Samuels:Now there is the possibility of recall.  And that is a different construct...and the process via whihc this happens is a lot longer but more manageable

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:May I suggest you all coordinate between each other what time you guys are arriving in Istanbul & then arrange for a couple of hours to see each other? Perhaps a dinner or a coffee ir a breakfast?

Carlton Samuels:Because that speaks to some parochial interest of a certain group

Gordon Chillcott:Agree with Carlton here - this seems rather more realistic

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):@OCL good idea

Danny Younger:Question for AoB:  Having submitted a proposal to the ICG-Forum (it replaces the oversight role of NTIA with oversight to be performed by the IAB), I'd like to know if there is a process by which the at-large will consider/evaluate such independent submissions.

Seun Ojedeji:I think the email was sent in the past

Alan Greenberg:@Danny, I presume that the ICG will forward the proposal back to the three communities for their input.

Seun Ojedeji:I saw something related to that sometime ago

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):Plus Olivier always speaks a lot and that makes it difficult to stick to 45 mins :P

Carlton Samuels:@Danny: The At-Large [with standing in CWG] would have to consider and adopt this as our own

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Bye all!

Seun Ojedeji:thanks a lot

Seun Ojedeji:bye

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):Thanks everyone!

Carlton Samuels:bye all

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):Good call

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC):Have a great day!

Joly MacFie2:Woof!

Gordon Chillcott:Thanks, all

Christopher Wilkinson:B'ye eveeryone. CW

• No labels