Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on the Transition of US Government Stewardship of the IANA Function on Thursday, 11 September 2014 at 14:30 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/2AvxAg
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Vanda!
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:Gisela, I understand I can just listen to the call, right?
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:hi Jean Jacques, how about you?
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hello All!
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:hi Olivier
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:thank you
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:I was talking but probably none is hearing
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:lovely, light-hearted whistling...
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:HI Fatima
  Roberto:Hi, all. I am afraid I will be unable to stay for the whole conference
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:I also can leave in 40 minutes
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone
  Glenn McKnight:Greetings
  Fatima Cambronero:hi Vanda
  Heidi Ullrich:Hello, All
  Gisella Gruber:MOhamed is joining the call on the audio bridge
  Gisella Gruber:Mohamed is only able to join the call for 30 minutes
  Gisella Gruber:Evan Leibovitch has joined the call
  Evan Leibovitch:Hi all.
  Gisella Gruber:Seun has joined the call
  silvia.vivanco@icann.org:Hello all
  Evan Leibovitch:Is the active GAC member from Iran the same person who was also so active at Netmundial? He was not very supportive of the multistakeholder model and seemed to be supportive of a simple multilateral model.
  Gisella Gruber:Yasuichi Kitamura has joined the call
  Yasuichi Kitamura (ISOC-JP):sorry for my delay.
  Glenn McKnight:JJ  just  ignore the noise
  Glenn McKnight:@ staff  perhaps  mute  the line  that is noisy
  Evan Leibovitch:I agree with Milton on a number of things in this matter. Where we differ is in the role of actors outside industry in governance going forward.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Staff: under "action items", please correct Step 8 to read "30 September 2014, approval or reaction by NTIA"
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:2014? 2014 you mean
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:2105
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:2015
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:(I'll get there)
  Gisella Gruber:@ Olivier/JJS - have added - do I delete date of 28 September?
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier, yes 2015 of course.
  Evan Leibovitch:I don't have voice, into the call. My question to JJS is about the GAC. If there was such a push to expand the number of GAC members but so far they have been ineffective (save one individual), this works badly for both sides. What can be done so that there is a more ... satisfying ... level of participation from governments?
  Glenn McKnight:Do we have  a written document summarizing  JJS  and Mohamed's  comments?
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:JJ Evan has a question to you could be good
  Seun:@Glenn +1 that may be useful
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Gisella, yes delete 28 Sept., the indicated date is 30 September.
  Glenn McKnight:Sorry  I need to drop off  back asap
  Seun:que: has it been discussed within the ICG how they intend to handle the proposal submission with the external secretariat as at today?
  Seun:has it been discussed within the ICG how they intend to handle the proposal submission without the external secretariat as at today?
  Gisella Gruber:Cheryl has joined the call
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:welcome Cheryl
  Evan Leibovitch:My concern is that the single GAC member has expressed hostility to the MSM
  Seun:second que: what is the level of discussion about how the ICG view the current ICANN accountability process....was their any discussion in that direction?
  Avri Doria:soory am late, was in another call.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:me too
  Seun:without
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Avri and Cheryl
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Seun, with respect, could you please type out your question/remark about accountability? It did not come out well in audio.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Mohamed, could you speak closer to the mic?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Jean-Jacques: I think that the question was: *Has the ICG discussed the issue of the ICANN accountability process?*
  Glenn McKnight:I am back, Mohamed is very low
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: as already mentioned, "accountability" popped up several times, but was not a stand-alone topic on the agenda.
  Gisella Gruber:Fatima - apologies for any issues wiht the audio - Mohamed's audio is not good on the English channel but hopefully you are getting full interpretation
  Fatima Cambronero:no problem @Gisella
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: not ALAC specifically, but all communities.
  Glenn McKnight:Who is the lead?
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:(someone is humming in his mic)
  Seun:hmm...mohamed i think ICG somehow states in the rfp that they are expecting proposals from the 3 communities
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:(NSA guy sleeping)
  Seun:although they said they welcome inputs from everyone (which is not so clear)
  Glenn McKnight:What is the details of the  RFP?
  Glenn McKnight:Need to look at the deliverables
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: you're sure it's not GCHQ? ;-)
  Glenn McKnight:Yes, someone is snoring
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:I undesrtood from JJ they will CONSIDER other inputs
  Seun:https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2014-09-03-en
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:meaning, not a formal demand, but they will consider if some other input came
  Seun:cleared...sorry. Thanks JJ
  Glenn McKnight:Interesting   RFP  studying the  details
  Evan Leibovitch:Very faint Avri
  Evan Leibovitch:A little better
  Seun:Thanks JJ....but this section of the rfp is what i was particularly referring to "The IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) seeks complete formal responses to this RFP through processes which are to be convened by each of the “operational communities” of IANA (i.e.,those with direct operational or service relationsh ips with the IANA functions operator, in connectionwith names, numbers, or protocol parameters)"
  Avri Doria:never mind
  Evan Leibovitch:Avri, just talk. if everyone else is quiet we can hear you
  Avri Doria:what is the situation with the fact that pther submissions will be offered.  will they be ignored?
  Seun:nevertheless i agree with you that Atlarge should propose something and lets see if its denied
  Gisella Gruber:@ Avri - please send me your number and we will call you
  Avri Doria:i can call in if i want to.  thanks anywya.  funny this worked for the last call i was on.
  Avri Doria:i tryped in my qustion, that is good enpough for me
  Avri Doria:i know of group sthat are planning on submitting a cross silo solution in the primary submission time frame.    Will it be ignroed since it isn't from one of the holy 3?
  Avri Doria:thanks for the reply
  Seun:sorry JJ, i am finding it difficult to hear you (i know it may be from my end) could you kindly type the response here
  Evan Leibovitch:OK, topo loud now
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Seun, difficult to type answers, I'm busy listening and responding.
  Seun:okay i understand...thanks
  Avri Doria:too loud, too soft, never just right
  Glenn McKnight:better loud
  Glenn McKnight:My hearing is  getting  bad
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:I will need to leave as I have informed at the beginning of this call. Thank you JJ and Mohamed for the excellent explanation about the work already done.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Vanda, you're welcome!
  VANDA SCARTEZINI:thank you Staff and Olivier to allow my participation. all the ebst to all.
  Evan Leibovitch:Welcome Avrilocks.
  Gisella Gruber:Mohamed has left the call
  Evan Leibovitch:Not too loud. Not roo quiet. Just right.
  Glenn McKnight:Yes  Evan  the  three bears  story
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/x/OYThAg
  Avri Doria:ok, that should be good enough then.
  Evan Leibovitch:What is outside our mandate?
  Avri Doria:the coffee Fadi serves in the cafeteria
  Fatima Cambronero::)
  Evan Leibovitch:Participating in other groups by At-Large members is WELCOMED. Doing so *as* ALAC probably is ooutside scope.
  Avri Doria:i exect the only people who can represent ALAC are the ones ALAC assigned that role and repsinsiblity to.  same for RALO representation.
  Seun:okay i think i am going to ask to be permitted to leave...i practically am not getting the audio anyway :( Thanks for the discussion and i look forward to further discussions on the mailing list. By the way, i like to be part of the CWG as an Observer. Thanks
  Fatima Cambronero:LACNIC mailing list?
  Avri Doria:i follow them all
  Heidi Ullrich:Mailing lists are on the Workspace for this WG: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function
  Fatima Cambronero:Just saying I am in that mailing list
  Gisella Gruber:For the person typing close to their microphone, please go on mute
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry I do not have time to do this JJS
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Cheryl, then we're in the same situation.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:COUNT me out of that
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Cheryl: same here.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:also many of us are in other ISOC etc lists as well
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: cut-and-paste would be good.
  Avri Doria:writing an synthesis of some of these lists might be a risky proposition.
  Avri Doria:me to.  watching brief.  i like that.  i am doing that to.
  Fatima Cambronero:same here @Cheryl
  Avri Doria:me too, i mean.
  Avri Doria:i will sound alarm if i see something alarming
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly. @avri
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you have my response JJS
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Cheryl, Avri: good, thanks.
  Gisella Gruber:Jahangir Hossain has just joined
  Avri Doria:i have file folders, lists unmlimited.  the question is how oftern i read those folders.
  Jahangir Hossain (ISOC-BD):Thanks Gisella for permit to join this session
  Gisella Gruber:This WG is meeting on Tuesday 14 October from 17h00 to 18h30
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:my Tue will be focussed on NomXom visiting constituencies etc., so not sure about my availability for the WG meeting her
  Heidi Ullrich:There will be an At-Large Webinar on the IGF next week. Please join!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all ta
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:until next week
  Yasuichi Kitamura (ISOC-JP):bye
  Glenn McKnight:bye  everyone
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks to everyone. Bye
  Jahangir Hossain (ISOC-BD):bye everyone
  Gordon Chillcott:Thanks.   Bye for now

• No labels