Terri Agnew: Welcome to the At-Large Ad-Hoc New Meeting Strategy Drafting Team on Thursday 03 September 2015 at 15:30 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/i5pCAw

Satish Babu:Do we have audio in Adobe Connect?

Terri Agnew:Hi Satish, yes we will establishAdobe Connect line in approx 5 minutes. The call will begin in 20 minutes

Terri Agnew:Adobe connect has been established

Satish Babu:Thanks Terri! I'll come back after the call starts...

Terri Agnew:Please make sure to sign into adobe connect with your first and last name.

Beran Gillen:Helloe everyone

Satish Babu:There is a bit of echo...

vanda:hi everyone!

Satish Babu:Hi Vanda!

Beran Gillen:Hi Vanda

Beran Gillen:good to have you

Dave Kissoondoyal:Hello All

Eduardo Diaz:Hola a todos

vanda: hi Satish..

Satish Babu:Hola Eduardo!

Eduardo Diaz:@satish - hi!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Heidi Ullrich:Action Items: https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/At-Large+Ad-Hoc+New+Meeting+Strategy+Working+Party+2015-08-20+Action+Items

Terri Agnew:Action items 20 August 2015: https://community.icann.org/x/L5BCAw

Terri Agnew:Welcome Sandra Hoferichter

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:There will be a meeting of this subgroup later today at 2000 UTC

sandra hoferichter:sorry for beeing late, my computer (an old one) started to update itself

Sébastien:I will be on the call with the sub-goup about the next LAC meeting next June tonight

sandra hoferichter:and Adobe still does not work propoerly on this computer

Heidi Ullrich:That has been completed

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: subgroup B, also intend to bring it up with the Outreach and Engagement SC call next week Tuesday

vanda:thank you Sebastien I BELEVE YOU HAVE A LOT TO CONTRIBUTE DUE YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS REGION ( SORRY THE CAPITAL...

Alan Greenberg:Not understandable

vanda:impossible to hear

Terri Agnew: 2016 Schedule Planning: https://meetings.icann.org/en/2016-schedule-planning

Dave Kissoondoyal:Audio is very bad

Eduardo Diaz:I updated the strawman schedule for meeting B with the comments from Vanda/Maurren here:  https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-Hoc+New+Meeting+Strategy+Drafting+Team

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hearing you Nick

Alan Greenberg:a bit late...

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:indeed this is a public meeting in that the recording is posted and transcribed

vanda:sebastien is right NICk. we already know it

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:we can go in camera perhaps towards the end of the meeting

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:someone's mic is on

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ok, altough I'm hearing you clearly, Nick

Terri Agnew:Welcome Niran Beharry

Niran Beharry:Good day all

Beran Gillen:Welcome Niran

Niran Beharry:yes i can hear a bit of an echo

Niran Beharry:though

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hearing you, Heidi and Nick allbeit with a bit of echo

Terri Agnew:We will be able to remove the city name from the recording and transcription

Eduardo Diaz:BAd, bad connection

Rodrigo de la Parra:Can you hear Nick well?

Eduardo Diaz:Yes

Beran Gillen:thats great @Terri

Satish Babu:Yes, very well

Rodrigo de la Parra:If you have a question, please write it in this space

Heidi Ullrich:Thansks, Terri

Rodrigo de la Parra:we are having trouble listening to some of you

Rodrigo de la Parra:thanks

Rodrigo de la Parra:Please do type the question

Heidi Ullrich:Vanda, we're not able to hear you

Heidi Ullrich:please type your question

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Q for Nick : so the fellowship will start when for Meeting B? On the Sunday as they do now with ICANN F2F meetings ?

Rodrigo de la Parra:we know Vanda is asking something but we are unable to hear her

Nick Tomasso:the meeting will begin on Monday for all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:that was Rodrigo repeating my question

Nick Tomasso:we will have a monday morning session for the outreach delagates

Nick Tomasso:after that meeting, the outreach delegates will join the so/ac/sg/c's in their meetings.

sandra hoferichter:I cannot connect audio

Rodrigo de la Parra:@Nick just replied to Dev in the Chat

sandra hoferichter: I dont have the full panel bar, it is my old computer the new one is out of order

Nick Tomasso:please use chat ...

Heidi Ullrich:Please type your question

Rodrigo de la Parra:Sebastien... you are breaking a bit

Heidi Ullrich:we are hearing only every other word.

Heidi Ullrich:Apologies

Eduardo Diaz:Sebastien: I can hear you well. Heidi and the rest sound that they are in a conference room

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Q: Followup - so there is no opportunity to have a session on a Sunday with interpreters to do a sort of preliminary first meeting with local outreach candidates? Especially since there is no opportunity to do any "outside" outreach

Beran Gillen:Sebastien : I told the group that the idea of the meeting strategy working group for outreach was for everyone to go outside and reach out to the community

Alan Greenberg:Seb, FOR THE FIRST MEETING, just in Conv Ctr

Beran Gillen:Sebastien: Nick just told the group that the outreach will be in the meeting rather than outside. i am a bit concerned

Eduardo Diaz:Can we decide to go outside in any cae?

Sébastien:Thanks

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Eduardo - the challenge of course is who can be there on the ground earlier

Eduardo Diaz:Only the one's in Istanbul

vanda:i hope , since may represent costs  for them and agenda issues too

Eduardo Diaz:@Dev: Global engagement can ghelp with that

Eduardo Diaz:Is my presumption

Beran Gillen:@Dev no doubt it will be important to have a preliminary meeting with outreach group but we could also perhaps look at doing ground work prior to the meeting

Beran Gillen:perhaps that will take care of this sunday meeting you may not/cannot have

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Q: special session on Monday Nick mentioned - this would be geared for ALL outreach stakeholders (Govt, At-Large, GNSO etc) ?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hearing you good Heidi

Eduardo Diaz:I do not see why  we can not have an informal meeting with locals Sunday nigth. This will could be outside the premises.

Sébastien:I think it is a good idea to reschedule

Sébastien:We will have the input of the sub-group

vanda:yes, I believe it will be great. after our meeting today we can have data

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Eduardo - informal meeting, yes, if language challenges can be overcomethe proble

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Eduardo - informal meeting, yes, if language challenges can be overcome

Niran Beharry:@agree with dev

vanda:thank you Heidi. everybody is agreeing

Eduardo Diaz:@Dev: oops! forgot about that. We need to figure out that one.

Satish Babu:Thanks and bye!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Eduardo - yes, that why I was asking if interpreters could be available on the Sunday

Eduardo Diaz:@Dev: that I doubt it will happen

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Eduardo - Indeed, but it looks like that won't happen re: interpreters available on Sunday

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:there was a followup question Res:special session on Monday Nick mentioned - would this be geared for ALL outreach stakeholders (Govt, At-Large, GNSO etc)?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:where's the link, Eduardo ?

Eduardo Diaz:Here: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-Hoc+New+Meeting+Strategy+Drafting+Team

vanda:thank you eduardo. will help!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks

Eduardo Diaz:Chneged only meeting B

Eduardo Diaz:@VAnda: any time.

Niran Beharry:thanks eduardo

Eduardo Diaz:We can also plan to go outside like Sebastian mentioned. My guess is that there will be no $$ to support this if the direction is to do it everything inside

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:you've sumarrised it well, Beran

Eduardo Diaz:Monday is a holiday in the states

Sébastien:If possible avoid Monday will be great

Dave Kissoondoyal 2:Thanks and Bye

sandra hoferichter:by all

Satish Babu:Thanks and bye!

vanda:thank you all

Beran Gillen:thanks bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks Beran, take care all

Niran Beharry:take care all

• No labels