Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Ad-Hoc New Meeting Strategy Drafting Team on Thursday 20 August 2015 at 15:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/LJBCAw

Yasuichi Kitamura:hello

Kimberly Carlson:Hello

Kimberly Carlson:Welcome everyone, we're still gathering

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Maureen Hilyard:Any further ideas for the think tank, anyone?  https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-Hoc+New+Meeting+Strategy+Drafting+Team

Beran Gillen:Hello Everyone

Alan Greenberg:Still on quarterly Stakeholder Call that is running late. Will move here once it is finished.

Maureen Hilyard:Hi Beran

Beran Gillen:hi Maureen

Sébastien:I am still in the ICANN Quarterly Stakeholder Report like Alan. Not easy

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Have no idea of Vanda's subgroup on LAC Meetings B

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):@ Maureen  I didn't get what she said

Maureen Hilyard:Sorry about that - my point was that it is important tht Vanda and Eduardo are present because of their roles with regards to the preparation of the meeting

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Terri, Sorry, I have to online, the call has been very poor.

Terri Agnew:@Remmy, thank you for the update

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):Thanks Dev I can hear u clearly

Alan Greenberg:On now.

Maureen Hilyard:I can hear everyone really clearly,  I am sorry that others can't hear me

Heidi Ullrich:Here is the link to the Meeting B schedules currently submitted: https://meetings.icann.org/en/meeting-b-schedule-planning

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):Whatever plan we have must include a deliberate plan to involve the media if we truly want to achieve great result because  media is a key stakeholder in reaching out.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Q: So will the Fellowship and NextGen programs that takes place at the ICANN F2F meetings continue to happen at the New ICANN Meeting A, B, C?

Kimberly Carlson:@Nkem, I sent you a private chat

Beran Gillen 2:@Dev that is a great question but I think a lot will become clearer after the meeting to be held in Istanbul. A lot of these question will be hopefully be answered. But then again perhaps staff already have an idea???

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):@Maureen I still didn't hear well

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Certainly can work with Vanda

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Dev.

Heidi Ullrich:More information on Meeting B and outreach plans from GSE will be announced in September

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):a genealogy outreach structure will be oke

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule-full

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-atlarge-capacity

Heidi Ullrich:@Dev, could you please send these ideas to the list?

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):a general outreach structure I mean is ok

Terri Agnew:2016 Schedule Planning: https://meetings.icann.org/en/2016-schedule-planning

Heidi Ullrich:There will be an internal discussion on Meeting B in early September. These suggestions would be very helpful.

Heidi Ullrich:We can get Meetings Team staff to comment on them during the 3 September call.

Maureen Hilyard:@Dev so what you are saying is that there needs to be a little more information needs to be added to these pages?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yes

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Heidi Is there specifics you or the secretariat is expecting?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Another example : https://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/thu-alac-regional-wrap-up-i  - "This is the ALAC Wrap-Up Session which features reports from the RALO leaders and Liaisons. The ALAC also conducts policy and process issues as necessary."

Terri Agnew:finding the line

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Heidi whethet it should be per a particular meeting?

Maureen Hilyard:The "during the week" suggestions also includes "tours" similar to the Fellowship programme for any locals who may wish to attend the meeting

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:You're correct Alan, but this is missing from many of the At-large sessions

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Maureen The idea of tours is an encouraging way of not being burnout with several meetings

Maureen Hilyard:This may require a team who make themeslves available during the week to followup on the Outreach Day..

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):I agree  with  Alan

Alan Greenberg:However, I am not at all sure that a few brief sentences are going to sufficiently indoctrinate someone into our arcane world.

Maureen Hilyard:ccNSO Council meeting this morning decided to talk to their community about Meeting B while they are in Dublin

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:A challenge in doing outreach at outside events on the one day would be the language - if the territory chosen for the LAC Meeting B is a LA country, then the persons doing outreach would have to speak Spanish

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:or possibly Portuguese or French

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:depending on the territory

Maureen Hilyard:Correct Alan

Maureen Hilyard:It is a think tank suggestion.. but only as part of the ideas building.. but we have focused on ONE DAY outreach as proposed

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms) 2:@Maureen for the explanation on number of days for the outreach.

Maureen Hilyard:@Alan.. the language issue has been discussed, and vanda believes that we will be able to get spanish speaking supporters  to work with the outreach teams

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):Every country  usually hv a a generally  accepted  language

Alan Greenberg:There may well be practical answers to the language question. I am just saying that we need to consider it.

Maureen Hilyard:@Nkem.. I agree, there are ways we can get around any anomolies

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:To overcome the langauage challenge, then if the Languages Services are ready on Monday, then we work to invite persons to come to the ICANN venue to have an outreach session

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:with interpretatoin

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:interpretation, sorry

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):@Dev, not a bad idea to engage the locals

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:In any case, we will have to work to identify potential stakeholders to invite them beforehand

Maureen Hilyard:thank you Beran you raised what I was goig to say.

Sébastien:We may work with the local organizer (includiong possible ALSes), ccTLD and Gov rep.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and GSE

Maureen Hilyard:@ Seb and Dev - YES

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):@ Sebastian

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I should mention the LAC Strategy has explored several ideas on this on a communication plan for outreach to all stakeholders so for eg : identifying and documenting possible marketing/advertisingopportunities in each country to alleviate the gaps in stakeholderrepresentation. Examples include newspapers, radio, ICT events in each country.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Here's a presentation on the https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/42732859/ICANN-48-Project2-Communication-Plan-update.pdf

Maureen Hilyard:@Dev can you put this on the Think Tank page please

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@maureen - sure

Terri Agnew:@Remmy, let me know if a dial out on telephone is is needed

Maureen Hilyard:Terri... can you arrange with Vanda as to when she wants to hold her subgroup meeting?

Maureen Hilyard:So that we can attend?

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):Well, what I wanted to suggest is that in the event of strategy, we may adopt a pre-event media session for locals and potential media benefactors to give them a headup on ICANN and its activities, at least a day before the main public meeting commences.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Here's a presentation on the LAC Communications Plan 2: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/42732859/LAC-Strategic-Plan-Project2-Communications-Overview-2013-09-13.pdf

Terri Agnew:@Maureen, yes, will contact Vanda for subgroup

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Slight echo

Maureen Hilyard:@Remmy.. we won't be able to get an extra day... but the local team might be able to organise something like this

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):That way we will be building a mass mobilisation outreach for ICANN. Many at times we tend to think that everyone in the media knows about ICANN.

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):@Maureen, the one-day you earlier spoke about, who and who are we expecting to participate or is it just generic?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'll work with you Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Dev

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):Ps who is speaking? the voice is getting down.

Maureen Hilyard:It is difficult to hear you Beran

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):@Maureen, may be I join your team on this too, if you don't mind

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):with Dev

Maureen Hilyard:yes Remmy.. we will wait to hear back from Terri about the meeting

Kimberly Carlson:Beran, we're trying to dial you right now

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):@Maureen, ok then. The audio is better now

Beran Gillen 2:@Maureen  I am suggesting that we have a generic document for the outreach strategy for meeting B

Maureen Hilyard:Ok we will work on it

Beran Gillen 2:great

Beran Gillen 2:I would also join the group

Maureen Hilyard:yes we can hear you Beran

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):@Beran  it's  a good idea

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):ok, what is it?

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):sorry my audio was a bit off

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):but I heard my name

Kimberly Carlson:Thanks everyone

Nkem Nweke (DigitalSENSE Africa ):bey all

Remmy Nweke (@ITRealms):Thanks and bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care everyone