•   Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ALAC call on Tuesday 24 July 2012 at 1400 UTC
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Draft Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/JBEQAg
  •   Eduardo Diaz:Hola evryone
  •   Ron Sherwood:Good morning,, all... much later for some...
  •   yaovi Atohoun:Hi everybody
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to all thos who have joined
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am on the Adobe but awaiting dial out
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:the network connection is too busy to use voice on Adobe reliably
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but I can hear at the moment
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:@ Olivier - dial-out on its way
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thx
  •   Natalia Enciso:Hello everyone!
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!
  •   JJS:hello!
  •   Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi all
  •   Fatima Cambronero:hi everyone
  •   Heidi Ullrich:+1 Cheryl! :)
  •   Carlton Samuels:Hi again.  Day to all
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Noise from Alan's line
  •   Carlton Samuels:No Audio on the bridge
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Please remember that if you are on the phone bridge and the Adobe connect, PLEASE mute your speakers
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Also, when not speaking - please mute your microphones as well
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Reminder to state names when speaking for transcript and Interpreters
  •   Heidi Ullrich:AIs: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+and+At-Large+Action+Items+24-29+June+Prague+Meeting
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Edmon Chung has joined the Adobe Connect room
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE mute your microphones
  •   Matt Ashtiani:APRALO and AFRALO Activities at the IGF in Baku Workspace - https://community.icann.org/x/8hIQAg
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Congratulations, Tijani! That is great news regarding your workshop in Baku!
  •   Heidi Ullrich:A Secretariat meeting will be scheduled in August. Another will be scheduled for September.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Re timing, we have a clock on the screen. Perhaps a time-keeper could be appointed.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Also, please note that recently several WGs have held meetings during ICANN meetings. These WG meetings discuss policy issues.
  •   Carlton Samuels:Can't hear Matt!
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Carlton, are you able to hear Matt now?
  •   Carlton Samuels:Aaah, now he's good
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Sandra Hofericheter has joined the AC room
  •   Carlton Samuels:Thanks Heidi
  •   Heidi Ullrich:If all of those ALSes are accredited, the number of ALSes will be 150!!
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - we are calling you again
  •   Dev Anand Teelucksingh:good to see an ALS application from India - I remember the person in the Prague Public Forum complaining that where is the public user interest in ICANN from India
  •   Carlton Samuels:@OCL: Close enough!
  •   Heidi Ullrich:http://www.linkedin.com/groups/New-Zealand-M%C4%81ori-Internet-Society-106525
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani is back
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thx. Tijani -- I will come back to previous applications after the current discussion
  •   Natalia Enciso:Call dropped. Need dial-out please.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Ok, Natalia
  •   Heidi Ullrich:@Nathalia, Adigo is calling you back.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the beeping
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Adigo is looking into the source.
  •   Maureen Hilyard:YAY +
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Welcome back, Aotearoa Maori Internet Organization!
  •   Carlton Samuels:@Alan: I will volunteer to be on the drafting team!
  •   Heidi Ullrich:The request for members for the "thick" Whois has been sent to the ALAC Working list as well as all the RALO lists.
  •   Evan Leibovitch:Alan, I can participate there.
  •   Carlton Samuels:To GNSO today!
  •   Carlton Samuels:The email was very informative!
  •   Natalia Enciso:Back on the call, thanks!
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Email: gnso.secretariat@gnso.icann.org <gnso.secretariat@gnso.icann.org>
  •   Dave Kissoondoyal:Hello everybody. Sorry for the lateness..I have joined the French Channel
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Welcome Dave
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Matt is bac
  •   Heidi Ullrich:SAC 54 Webinar - https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/WEBINAR+-+SSAC+54+Report+on+the+Domain+Name+Registration+Data+Model
  •   Heidi Ullrich:including Jim Galvin's slides.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Draft statement on SAC 54 Report: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Request+for+Community+Input+on+SAC054+-+Domain+Name+Registration+Data+Model+Workspace
  •   Tijani BEN JEMAA:I don't see the link
  •   Heidi Ullrich:I will ask for an update on the translation of the SAC 54 report
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thank you
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Translation of the SAC 54 Report into FR and ES should be ready in the next couple of weeks.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Please refresh your agenda. I've updated the comments deadline for the SAC 54 report to 23 August
  •   yaovi Atohoun:Thank you Heidi for the info
  •   Evan Leibovitch:Is there interest in adopting as ALAC statement, the two comments that were raised by ALAC members at the Prague Public Forum?
  •   Julie Hammer:Matt, target date for submission of comments on SAC054 needs to be amended to 23 August please.  Thank you.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Julie, please refresh your agenda. I've updated it
  •   Julie Hammer:Thanks Heidi, no worries!
  •   Carlton Samuels:Yes to conduct vote!
  •   Matt Ashtiani:At-Large Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy Part C Policy Development Process Initial Report Workspace - https://community.icann.org/x/FQQQAg
  •   Matt Ashtiani:Preliminary GNSO Issue Report on the Protection of International Organization Names in New gTLDS - https://community.icann.org/x/BgQQAg
  •   Eduardo Diaz:Let's vote on this item now
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - your line is open
  •   Carlton Samuels:@Alan on Delegation of vote management:  I cannot agree!
  •   Carlton Samuels:Too many issues re conflict etc!
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Olivier - we will call you as soon as  you drop
  •   Carlton Samuels:The declaration of the vote DID make the list!
  •   yaovi Atohoun:I voted
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Yaovi.
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thank Yaovi. At least one person who remembers!
  •   yaovi Atohoun:On Inter-registrar .....  Part  C ....
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Unfortunately, there is a technical issue with BP at the moment. We will announce the current number of votes later today.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for this.
  •   Natalia Enciso:I did too, today ( IRR Part C)
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Please state your name before speaking. The interpretors need to know.
  •   Evan Leibovitch:Sorry.In my conversations with NCSG, the concept of protecting users against frauldulent domains is having a rough ride.
  •   JJS:My line has just been dropped.
  •   Evan Leibovitch:There is a belief, apparently widely held in the NCUC, that there is no such thing as a "fraudulent domain"
  •   Sandra Hoferichter:sorry
  •   JJS:am back on the call.
  •   Alan Greenberg:currently voting on ALAC statement on IGO protections.
  •   Eduardo Diaz:I agree
  •   JJS:sorry Olivier, I did not hear the question.
  •   Dave Kissoondoyal:it is only for ALAC Members
  •   Carlton Samuels:@ratification of Prelim GNSO Issues Report on IGO: I agree to ratify!
  •   Evan Leibovitch:(You know, we could do the agree and disagree votes at the same time ;-) )
  •   Carlton Samuels:@Evan: Not to be pedantic but I thnk what they really mean is that the USE of the domain is fraudulent, not the name itself!
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:REMINDER - Please state your names
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:for the interpreters
  •   Carlton Samuels:Is like me saying a string is a string and can only be considered as bad on interpretation!
  •   avri:Re NCUC and that it is impossible to determine a-priori which string will be misused.
  •   Evan Leibovitch:@ Carlton: I agree in that reading of the PoV.  There is disagreement that a string such as "redcrosstsunamirelief.com" is, itself, fraudulent in intent.
  •   avri:Evan: it could be a site the displayed pictures and pointed people at the genuine red cross fund raising site
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Carlton is unmuted
  •   Evan Leibovitch:It could be. But the issue is that it could just as easily not be. What is unclear is whether it is in the public interest to have sites like that that are appropriate the redcross name to attract viwers and SEO, without being assured of pointing prople to the red cross itseld
  •   Evan Leibovitch:itself
  •   Evan Leibovitch:sorry... not sites like that. That's beyond ICANN. The issue is "domain names like that"
  •   Evan Leibovitch:how can you see if I'm jumoing up and down?
  •   Carlton Samuels:When domain names impinge on marks, then it is violative of  an IP but could not in itself be declared fraudulent ALTHOUGH the intent might be indeed fraudulent
  •   avri:Even: of course it is in the public interst to stop people from doing bad stuff, the main point is that there is not way to know a-prioir which is which.
  •   Carlton Samuels:@Evan: Yes, we agree on that
  •   Sebastien:May I suggest that for the SSR RT ALAC do a advice to the board out of the comment period?
  •   Carlton Samuels:@Avri on a priori treatment: +1
  •   Sebastien:As it is chair by an ALAC suggested persone
  •   Evan Leibovitch:@avri: agreed. I don't think that anyone here is demanding prior restraint (ie, reserved or restricted names). The point is to try to open a broader discussion that may identify other solutions,
  •   Carlton Samuels:@Evan: Yes to broader discussions +1
  •   Evan Leibovitch:Olivier, I have one item to add to the list
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:ok
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:I'll come to you in a moment
  •   Evan Leibovitch:ok
  •   Carlton Samuels:I will have to leave at 25 past the hour for a commitment.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Please refresh your agenda. The open public comment section has been updated.
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:Carlton -- we need to do one more vote
  •   Carlton Samuels:Dev was dropped due to a power failure in POS. He can be reached at +1-868-684-1796
  •   Matt Ashtiani:sure thing evan!
  •   Heidi Ullrich:ok, will call you back
  •   Heidi Ullrich:When the transcripts are available, that is...
  •   Evan Leibovitch:I thought we would have access to the real-time scroll that was available at the meeting -- is that not archived?
  •   Natalia Enciso:need a dial-out please!
  •   JJS:I strongly support Yrjö.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Will call you back, Natalia
  •   Carlton Samuels:@EURALO Member for new GTLD RG:  I vote to affirm the EURALO recommendation
  •   JJS:I would move the motion
  •   Carlton Samuels:JJS seconded
  •   yaovi Atohoun:In favor
  •   Evan Leibovitch:just ask people to vote... checks for yes, crosses for no, dashes for abstain
  •   Carlton Samuels:I must leave now.  Thanks all.
  •   Evan Leibovitch:bye carlton
  •   Eduardo Diaz:The adobe connect  is slow today
  •   Natalia Enciso:I cannot unticked either
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Congratulations, Yrjo!
  •   Sandra Hoferichter:Too late sorry I had to welcome gueste here in the academy
  •   Sandra Hoferichter:can I still submit the vote
  •   Evan Leibovitch:BTW. Both Carlton and myself have already sent requests to the GNSO Secretariat to be part of the thick WHOIS PDP drafting team. I have already received receipt from Glen
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:Sandra: the motion passed already.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Evan, Gisella has the transcript from the Public Forum and found the section you are looking for. She will be sending the link to you shortly.
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:and we are running out of time -- what would you vote be?
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:I could read it to the record.
  •   Sandra Hoferichter:vote in favour
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:thanks
  •   yaovi Atohoun:Question @avri : is the SARP members list published?  was loosing the signal
  •   yaovi Atohoun:thanks
  •   Matt Ashtiani:@ocl - we reached the charatcer max so i had to deleted the notes.
  •   Matt Ashtiani:i have a copy of the notes on my comp
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:phew!
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Dev was elected as Chair of the RG WG
  •   Heidi Ullrich:It is in the notes of the RG WG meeting
  •   yaovi Atohoun:no plase
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani disconnected - dialling back
  •   Alan Greenberg:No comment is warranted on the .name agreement. For this TLD, four different levels of whois are available from the registry, varying from thin to thick, depnding on who you are, how you ask, and whether you have been pre-authorized for the full (thickest) whois. This is similar to what has been recommended for thick whois to meet data privacy legislation, and so is close enough that we do not need a comment.
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:thank you Alan
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:please be so kind to mention to the record in AOB
  •   Alan Greenberg:ok
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani back
  •   JJS:Alan, thank you.
  •   JJS:Thanks Olivier.
  •   Sandra Hoferichter:Iam here
  •   Eduardo Diaz:@sandra: Do you think that anything is going to happen in Toronto?
  •   Sandra Hoferichter:yes
  •   Heidi Ullrich:A Beginners Guide on Participating in ICANN is being planned for Toronto - in particular for use during the Leadership Orientation
  •   Sandra Hoferichter:have to leave.
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:thank you Sandra!
  •   Natalia Enciso:I have to leave. eSee you next call.
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:thank  you Natalia
  •   Heidi Ullrich:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN+45+-+At-Large+Toronto+Meeting+-+October+2012
  •   Heidi Ullrich:https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Toronto+Events+Workspace+-+2012
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:First call of Organizing Committee is tomorrow, Wednesday 25 July 2012 at 1900 UTC
  •   avri:i am sure ANgWG & RG will need a meeting each
  •   Alan Greenberg:Hallelulah!
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Board: Correct meeting but no social interaction
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:I'm dropped but no doubt Adobe will call be quickly:-)
  •   yaovi Atohoun:me too. Listening via computer
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:and for once, they are not calling me back....
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:??
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:ok back
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:5 sec
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:yes Alan please
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:back
  •   Evan Leibovitch:FWIW, I have started to book the tour bus for Niagara Oct 20. More details to come on the mailing list.
  •   yaovi Atohoun:back. Thanks
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Evan. Looking forward to it!
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:@ Olivier - interpreters are able to continue a short while
  •   Heidi Ullrich:At-Large 2012 Election page: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments+2012
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Several RALOs have started their elections already
  •   Heidi Ullrich:including APRALO and AFRALO starting today
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Thanks for the comments, Alan. We'll update the page.
  •   Eduardo Diaz:Motion to close the meeting
  •   Heidi Ullrich:We can add her vote
  •   Alan Greenberg:lunch time here!
  •   Eduardo Diaz:Thanks Olivier.
  •   Maureen Hilyard:Very interesting, guys. 6am in my world
  •   Dave Kissoondoyal:Thanks to the staff of ICANN and the translators especially the one in the French Channel. The translation has been perfect.
  •   Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, everyone!
  •   Fatima Cambronero:thanks to all
  •   Fatima Cambronero:bye
  •   Olivier Crepin-Leblond 2:thanks everybody!
  •   Edmon:bye
  •   yaovi Atohoun:bye
  •   Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you everyone

• No labels