Andrea Glandon: (2/15/2019 12:11) Welcome to the At-Large Consolidate Policy Working Group call held on Friday, 15 February 2019 at 19:00 UTC.
  Andrea Glandon: (12:11) Wiki Agenda Page: https://community.icann.org/x/b4Y2Bg
  Evin Erdoğdu: (12:48) Hello all, welcome.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (12:52) Ouch!
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (12:52) what is that noise
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (12:52) that noise was nasty through my headset
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (12:53) Hi Tijani,  I just spoke with Avri on the Schools of IG and our approach
  Andrea Glandon: (12:58) Please remember to mute your phones and mics when not speaking
  George Kirikos: (12:59) Hi folks.
  George Kirikos: (12:59) First-time caller, long-time listener. ;-)
  Holly Raiche: (13:00) Welcome George
  George Kirikos: (13:00) Thanks Holly.
  Judith hellerstein: (13:02) hi all
  Alberto Soto: (13:02) Hello everyone!!
  Alan Greenberg: (13:03) I do not beleive we need anything like an hour.
  George Kirikos: (13:03) Alan: I appreciate you're trying to get issues fixed on the EPDP mailing list today (https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/2019-February/001678.html )
  Judith hellerstein: (13:03) great since the deadline for comments on the 2 year plan closes on feb 20
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (13:03) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Action+Items%3A+2019-02-13+Consolidated+Policy+Working+Group+Call
  Christopher Wilkinson: (13:03) Like two hours?
  Alberto Soto: (13:04) Yes, the correct is in Skype
  Evin Erdoğdu: (13:04) Thank you @Olivier
  Maureen Hilyard: (13:05) We have 8 ALAC members on the call and three gave their OKs by email
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (13:06) @Maureen - that's good and efficient. Thanks for letting us know.
  George Kirikos: (13:07) Is this an amended document?
  George Kirikos: (13:07) Or is this the document sent yesterday?
  Hadia Elminiawi: (13:08) @Chrsotpher Indeed we could do that
  Holly Raiche: (13:09) @ Christopher - this is not just about privacy,  It is also about protecting registrants from misuse  /criminal activity
  George Kirikos: (13:09) I respect Christopher's view, but I think we should respect "Choice" over simply "Privacy" -- if a registrant wants to choose privacy, that's worth respecting. If a registrant wants full publication, that choice should also be respected.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:09) Please do so Alan
  Maureen Hilyard: (13:10) Marita makes it 9 ALAC members online.so we have a quorum+ if we want to take a vote
  Holly Raiche: (13:10) Agree with George - in fact in the EU, there is a requirement tht businesses publish their contact information, for example
  George Kirikos: (13:16) +1 Major impacts, having only a single contact (creates a single point of failure). Having secondary contacts creates important redundancy, and can lead to faster resolution of problems (message gets sent to the appropriate contact sooner).
  Christopher Wilkinson: (13:17) Technical contact has to be published. That is where wwe came in 20 years ago.
  Daniel K. Nanghaka: (13:17) Technical contact is important
  George Kirikos: (13:18) I can live wihout thick WHOIS. Success of .com shows while Thick is technically better, thin is sufficient.
  George Kirikos: (13:21) Transfers are at risk, yes. Only an EPP code protects one now, instead of extra steps.
  Christopher Wilkinson: (13:24) @George:  No. The Verisign situation is the historicsal outvome of the US National Science Foundation (NSF) decisions (pre-ICANN), There  was NO international inoput at the time, NO community inoput.The resulting doinant position is reflected in the continuation, post trdansition, of the NTI contract with Verisign.
  George Kirikos: (13:25) @Christopher: I'm no fan of VeriSign.Just saying technically, it doesn't matter if it's the registrar or the registry publishing the WHOIS output, as long as it does get published. If thin registries reduce some GDPR liability, that's alright with me.
  George Kirikos: (13:26) (I do know some registrars appear to have a bad record of uptime, and so that needs to be dealt with by compliance more vigilantly)
  Christopher Wilkinson: (13:27) I have suppor
  Christopher Wilkinson: (13:29) I have proposed and suppoorted an uniform global best lpractice privacy policy for ICANN as a whole. Consequently I do not agree with geographical differentiation.
  Jonathan Zuck: (13:29) rdap should make the thick whois issue mostly moot
  Andrea Glandon: (13:30) @Hadia, can you speak up?  Interpreters are having a hard time
  sergio salinas portoLACRALO: (13:30) @Evin or @Andrea, you may call me at +5492235215819 in spanish chanel?
  Andrea Glandon: (13:31) @Sergio Welcome!  Yes we will have them dial out
  Hadia Elminiawi: (13:33)    In light of the EDPB Guidance on territorial scope of GDPR, how do ICANN’s stable establishments within the EU impact its responsibilities as a data controller. The EDPB Guidance appears to suggest that ICANN, as a controller with stable establishments within the EU, might be required to comply with GDPR? Iss this the case even if the majority of processing activities (including registrar/reseller collection of data from RNH) take place outside of the EU? .
  Hadia Elminiawi: (13:33) Specifically:Do any of ICANN’s operations within the EU qualify as Establishments, as defined by Recital 22 of the GDPR? If ICANN is found to have Establishments within the EU, do these Establishments require ICANN (as a controller of gTLD Registration Directory Services related processing activities) to be subject to article 3.1 of the GDPR?Do the answers to the above questions impact ICANN’s, and/or any associated controllers’ or processors’, ability to distinguish between Registered Name Holders (RNH)/data subjects based on the geographic location of the RNHs in determining the geographic scope of GDPR?
  sergio salinas portoLACRALO: (13:35) Thnaks dear Staff! Im Inbside!
  Andrea Glandon: (13:36) De nada, Sergio!
  George Kirikos: (13:36) The FAX *is* there, see page 13.
  George Kirikos: (13:36) But, it disappears on page 14.
  George Kirikos: (13:37) FAX is important to receive legal notices, e.g. UDRP. If it'semail only, it might end up in a spam folder.
  George Kirikos: (13:37) (UDRP gets sent to email, FAX, and courier)
  George Kirikos: (13:37) FAX is also on page 11 of the draft final report.
  George Kirikos: (13:38) Page 14 just seemed to be a technical issue, forgetting to say whether it should be "Yes" or "No" for redaction.
  George Kirikos: (13:38) (registrant should have the choice)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:38) That appears to me to be more than a Strong Raisong of *Concerns*  JZ  yes I too wondered about that specific language
  George Kirikos: (13:39) Those "holding the pen" can often manipulate the outcome.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:39) Did you raise that during the 'quite study' tme for you all on the Document Alan??
  marita moll: (13:40) Interesting to note that we are not the only group taking this route. NCSG is also planning to support on the whole but have some issues
  Holly Raiche: (13:40) Can we rephrase to insist that the issues be addressed in Phase 2?
  Jonathan Zuck: (13:40)  I thought there was going to be a separate letter aboute phase 2
  Andrea Glandon: (13:41) @Hadia, the interpreters are having a hard time with your audio
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:41) Phase 2   was, is a,nd should remain *very important* we need to be engaged in that effectivly engaged that is...
  Nadira AL-Araj: (13:41) Hadia's voice is fading away
  Andrea Glandon: (13:41) Yes, try that Hadia
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:41) Better 
  Nadira AL-Araj: (13:41) Yes, 
  George Kirikos: (13:41) Better.
  Hadia Elminiawi: (13:43) It does notmatter what the answer is now
  Hadia Elminiawi: (13:44) we just need to keep it open for discussion
  Daniel K. Nanghaka: (13:44) I think it should be reserved for phase 2, so far the work done is great
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:55) Which is why the Proposed Resolved is opening up the  Do you want the GNSO COuncil to change the Charter for you option I suspect Alan
  Hadia Elminiawi: (13:55) @Cheryl Do you think that ALAC could be out in phase II
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:55) I sincerly hope not
  Hadia Elminiawi: (13:56) that is what I  aslo understand Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:56) The meetings next week are *indeed* critical Alan yes
  George Kirikos: (13:57) As long as registrants have choice, that solves many issues (i.e. to put back their full info for publication, including what some consider the 'antiquated' fax). ;-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (13:57) polling the would indeed make good sense 
  George Kirikos: (13:58) +1 Cheryl. Others one can "frame" the issue and affect the outcome with different questions.
  George Kirikos: (13:58) Since often the "default" is silence, so shouldn't interpret silence differently.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:00) Public Comment for 40 days is planned for
  George Kirikos: (14:00) That public comment is after the GNSO Council votes, though, and before the ICANN Board votes.
  Maureen Hilyard: (14:00) In the emails Seun Bastiaan Holly Joanna and Kaili offered support for the statement
  George Kirikos: (14:01) Unclear what impact comments will have. Can the ICANN BOard amend the recommendations? Avri?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:01) Correct @George  the Board runs that PC
  George Kirikos: (14:01) Or is it a straight up/down vote?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:02) Yes the "we can not accept" text bothered me I must say @Marita
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:02) mentioned earlier in thismeetingand chat
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (14:02) Last paragraph
  George Kirikos: (14:02) +1 Cheryl & Marita
  Jonathan Zuck: (14:02) thats what i said
  Andrea Glandon: (14:02) finding the line
  George Kirikos: (14:03) Looks like Hadia's line?
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:03) Indeed we said that we are going to support along with a strong statement indicating what we consider unacceptable
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:03) I think you could soften the text there but I am not ALAC to decide that
  Maureen Hilyard: (14:03) I am happy to go with the consensus vote as long s we agree on what it is that we are endorsing
  Christopher Wilkinson 2: (14:04) @Sebastien:  On Tuesday there will be a GNSO PDP meetin . Point 2 of the agenda is the role of GNSO COuncil Liaisons.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:04) Marita a rewrite would be great... but post haste
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:04) @George Kirikos No it is not my line - why would it look like my line???
  George Kirikos: (14:04) Sorry, Hadia. The icon next to your name was flashing, so I thought that meant your line was active.
  George Kirikos: (14:04) (it stopped flashing,though)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:04) tad TOOO strong   back to *Concerns*  that was the language used mostly last call I beleive
  marita moll: (14:05) Leading off with an acceptance statement is a really good idea
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:05) @George - so someone was speaking on  my audio bridge -  Andrea??
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:06) +1 @John
  Andrea Glandon: (14:06) @Hadia, we muted and took care of it
  marita moll: (14:06) +1 holly
  George Kirikos: (14:06) @Hadia: that's what I thought, due to the icon flashing. 
  Andrea Glandon: (14:06) No worries, Hadia.  We took care of it.
  Holly Raiche: (14:07) Okay - leave it at the end
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:07) @Andrea Glandon no one was speaking at my end - someone was on my bridge from else where
  Christopher Wilkinson 2: (14:07) In my view, in order to create the essential balance in the ICANN regulatory processes, I consider that the Liaisons should be full voting memebers of GNSO.
  Andrea Glandon: (14:07) Thank you, Hadia.
  George Kirikos: (14:07) Maybe lines got crossed somehow.
  George Kirikos: (14:07) +1 Christopher. Registrant and user interests aren't adequately represented at present.
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:07) @Andrea Glandon actually my bridge was disconnected while the sound was not from my end
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:08)  @Andrea Glandon it was my line - strange enough
  Holly Raiche: (14:08) I have to leave this memeting now, but I agree with the statement - changing we cannot accept , to have strong concerns
  George Kirikos: (14:08) "Issues which raise considerable concerns" are lesser concerns than "strong concerns", then? :-)
  marita moll: (14:08) or "highly uncomfortable with"
  George Kirikos: (14:08) (on page 2)
  Christopher Wilkinson 2: (14:09) We have a major echo on line
  Andrea Glandon: (14:09) @Christopher, we are not hearing echo on our end
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:09) Andrea Glandon: No worries, Hadia.  We took care of it.   - you took care of it by discinnecting me - instead of fixing your problem with my bridge
  Christopher Wilkinson 2: (14:09) I trust that the transcriopt can make this out and report
  Andrea Glandon: (14:10) @Hadia, no we did not.  We had to mute some lines.  You are still connected.
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:10) no I am not
  Andrea Glandon: (14:10) From our end it is showing you are.  I will have the operator disconnect and re-dial
  Holly Raiche: (14:11) Sorry - have to leave the meeting - so bye for now
  George Kirikos: (14:11) Hmmm, phanton speaker again.
  George Kirikos: (14:11) *phantom
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (14:11) unbelievabl that I was dropped
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (14:11) aargh
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:11) Oh dear
  Nadira AL-Araj: (14:11) It my the chinees itnerpreter 
  Andrea Glandon: (14:11) One moment please
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (14:11) I had a second point to mae
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (14:11) to make
  Andrea Glandon: (14:12) the operator is calling back to you Olivier
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:12) @Andrea I am only on the adobe audio
  George Kirikos: (14:12) Are you still on audio, Olivier?
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (14:12) dropped
  Andrea Glandon: (14:12) Your number is going to voicemail
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:12) Can we go on with the call
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:12) we have a lot to do
  George Kirikos: (14:12) Who else wants to provide input?
  Christopher Wilkinson 2: (14:13) Has the call ended?
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (14:13) I'm on the call
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:13) @Andrea Your line was showing me as connected while I was not - they are calling me now I shall not answer thank you I am fine with the adobe audio
  Andrea Glandon: (14:13) Okay, thank you Hadia
  George Kirikos: (14:13) Might be easier if ALAC members were listed as "presenters" in Adobe Connect, to be easier to identify their names.
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:14) @Andrea Thank you 
  Maureen Hilyard: (14:14) 12 actually because Joanna also indicated support
  Maureen Hilyard: (14:14) @Alan OK
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:15) Thank you Alan
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (14:15) Marita, Sebastien, Hadia, Holly, Kaili, Maureen, Tijani, Ricardo, plus Bastiaan and Seun and Joanna -- who was I missing?
  Andrea Glandon: (14:15) @Olivier, your FR number is going to VM.
  George Kirikos: (14:15) Document doesn't fit the pod. Can it be unlocked?
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:16) it is
  George Kirikos: (14:16) Thanks (can now see right edges)
  Maureen Hilyard: (14:16) Olivier, you missed John L
  Evin Erdoğdu: (14:16) Specific Reviews statement on workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+Updated+Operating+Standards+for+Specific+Reviews
  Ricardo Holmquist: (14:17) sorry have to leave, bye everyone
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (14:17) Olivier! How could you?!?
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (14:17) :)
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:17) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_177PcMy-5FhCRpUc-2DvK-5FsBd8sJjuo-5FB0fsa8yv4Thtb2D8_edit-23&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=k7uKdjSb7_ZjItyVqrCYHo_rKms9SFxlmbYEJqG-y9I&m=1ur2U9UQx-tPQIIediBjVMYIiW2Wr93v0LWSiV0HZXs&s=A49XNcpf9lunCf9Con1nHzVGFoLdl3tbcXfzHLq8oR8&e=
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (14:17) oooops. <blush> Sorry John, a virtual beer is on its way to you :-)
  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (14:18) I'll put it on your tab
  Evin Erdoğdu: (14:18) 2-Year First Consultation PC workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+First+Consultation+on+a+2-Year+Planning+Process
  Christopher Wilkinson 2: (14:19) Good night. Time to go. Hasta la proxima. CW
  marita moll: (14:24) contingency funding is by definition reserved for unexpected events
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:24) I did not mean to suggest that contingency funding disappear
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:25) We used the same language as was used in the budget comments
  George Kirikos: (14:25) Good suggestion, Cheryl.
  Jonathan Zuck: (14:25) agree
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:26) we just want to be on the same wavelength as what we had said in the budget and strategic plan
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:26) it is actually a short document
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:27) I am not in the habit of repeating myself I believ I have been seen in the ccomments I placed in the DOc and have been heard here
  Evin Erdoğdu: (14:29) ICANN64 Prep Week: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_news_announcement-2D2019-2D02-2D14-2Den&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=k7uKdjSb7_ZjItyVqrCYHo_rKms9SFxlmbYEJqG-y9I&m=1ur2U9UQx-tPQIIediBjVMYIiW2Wr93v0LWSiV0HZXs&s=PBqS9a6kTZNoFWB0fHhvRgrLyL1TWcDlvaHPgtcXM5M&e=
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:29) Thx Evin
  Evin Erdoğdu: (14:30) You bet
  George Kirikos: (14:30) Have a nice weekend, folks!
  George Kirikos: (14:30) Oops, premature. 
  Jonathan Zuck: (14:30) please send invites
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:30) All Good... Nice progress people... Again this CPWG is a true success IMO
  sergio salinas portoLACRALO: (14:30) Bye
  Evin Erdoğdu: (14:30) Thank you all!
  George Kirikos: (14:30) Bye folks!
  marita moll: (14:30) Thanks -- bye all. 
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:30) Thank you all
  Nadira AL-Araj: (14:30) *****
  Judith Hellerstein 2: (14:30) bye all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:31) please Adnrea I will be having at least 3 more calls each week now often at or around the 2000 UTS space
  Kaili Kan: (14:31) Thanks.  Bye!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (14:31) BYE
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:31) Bye all
  Andrea Glandon: (14:31) @Cheryl, thank you, noted
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:31) Thank you Andrea :)
  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (14:31) Thanks and Bye
  Hadia Elminiawi: (14:32) thank s evin
  Gordon Chillcott: (14:32) Thanks and bye for now.
  Andrea Glandon: (14:32) You're welcome, Hadia!
  Andrea Glandon: (14:32) Have a great day, all!
  Daniel K. Nanghaka: (14:32) bye

• No labels